[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.35/Modded]

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.30/5dim]

Post by judos »

@provet: We haven't tried them yet. We actually have some copper problems and we can't really expand due to too many enemies currently.

I would like to note that kaZ just wasted >60k resources on purpose. Just because the chests couldn't be removed immediately by the construction robots. Next time please keep your temper for yourself and don't just ruin everybody else' game.
Attachments
ressources.PNG
ressources.PNG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 6120 times

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Just wanted to give you additional help in destroying my build in order to replace it with yours.

Edit: mimimimimi :)

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

We are out of iron right now.

Kaz, thank you for destroying that iron dust in the chests.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Please, could you reload the save?
There is the desync issue.

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Seems to work again, I could remove some entities from which i belive they could cause desync.

As far as i know, don't use: modded pumps, maybe mining drill range mk3

Another issue could be when you remove those modded logistic waggons. Make sure they are EMPTY, otherwise the robonetwork tries to get them and they are not accesible?!

EDIT: The funny thing is that i was able to stay in the game because a new players joined. Maybe thats a workaround for the future? ;)

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

ok it's desynced again :)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Restarted the server with the latest autosave (after 997.000 seconds runtime :lol: ).

I don't think it is the mining drill mk3 that's causing it, it's just another drill with different stats.
If it desyncs again I will try and remove Logistics Railway.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Hi!

Could we start a new challenging game?

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

What would be your idea? What is a challenge for you? What satisfactory goal should be set that is not achieved within 3 days but below 1 month? Which mods (stable intself in mp and working with the current version of factorio) should be included that neither are overpowered or underpowered? Should every kindergarten module be allowed (the ones with the high bonus in productivty lead to very high availibilty of goods or in other words low demands on ressources... oh my dear ... what a challenge..)

cheers :)

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Is the dytech compatible with Marathon?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

What do you guys think of another 10'000 Rockets mission? We tried this once but then ran into several desync problems and missing the mod to actually start the rockets?

If we have this goal then it wouldn't really matter if we use high productivity modules etc from Dytech... Or maybe we could remove the highest few modules? If anyone agrees I could provide a small mod to make these unavailable.

So proposal: DyTech + RocketAutoStarter? Eventually we could also add hardCrafting and try to launch 10'000 Rockets? Should be a bigger challenge then if you need to make huge setups to process the Ores :P

Other proposal would be to have an actual supply mission like you can start it in Single Player where you constantly have to produce certain items and see how long we can make it. (I'm actually not sure if this works in MP, but we could surely adapt it if necessary...)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I would be fine with both, but I don't like to have FAT or Farl and no module and power modding as they are generally overpowered. We could throw in standard RSO for good measure. For the map, I like to have more water.
Supply mission sounds really interesting but we would need to check out how that would work.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

The custom scenario supply can be started via single-player and saved but if you load the map then in multiplayer the map crashes. A quick check at the code tells me that it's not made for that :D

I'm adapting it right now such that it is usable as a mod: Github / supplyMultiplayer. Not quite finished yet though.

Is anyone interested in defining the actual goals for our multiplayer map?
More or less the template from single player can be found here: https://github.com/judos/supplyMultipla ... levels.lua
The idea is that you have to provide the amount of items until in a specific time to reach the next level. If not enough items are provided then you loose the map. Done.

If was actually thinking of adding some kind of "lives". Every time you can't complete the requirements your lives decrease by the missing amount of items.
Also I would like to add goals like "rockets launched", "biters-killed" but I don't expect that before next week.

Also cool would be to have certain levels which are challenging and certain ones which give us a break.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.31/5dim]

Post by daniel34 »

Updated to 0.12.31.
I was surprised to see that after connecting I only got 31-32 FPS/UPS.
As we all know the update speed is the one of the slowest computer, so I checked what was causing this.
Turns out my computer was at 30% cpu overall / 100% on one core, so it was actually slower than the server.
The server only used 80-85% on one core.
My PC: AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3,8 GHz
Server: Intel Xeon W3530 (4 cores + HT) @ 2,8 GHz

But seeing that we only have half the FPS and the goal is still sometime away (only 1 rocket sent yet), If you want we can start a new map.
If there's a working version of DyTech (I haven't checked) we could do the 10'000 rocket challenge judos proposed.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I tested dytech (1.9.9) a bit and am not sure if it is ready. It spawns some strange enemy bases that create massive amounts of high tier bitters right from the start and it is no longer compatible with rso (1.5.6), as rso does not spawn dytech ores yet.
The supply missions need a lot of tuning to be challenging but not frustrating which will take some time, so we might want to come up with another idea :P

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Severe birth again :D. Beside all could/would/should what IS the setting for the next map? Anyone to sum it up?

Judos already stated the desync problem and the lack of a working autostarter. I want to mention that we abortet the last 10k rockets mission also because the all time availabilty of stuff related to uber productivity modules. So remove everything above the vanilla modules.

Just an example:

with vanilla modules a bonus of mostly max 40% is achieved per production step/assembler -> 10 x 1,4 = 14; 14 x 1,4 = 19,6; 19,6 x 1,4 = 27,4; ....

with modded modules it's way to easy/boring, estimated bonus of 90% per module -> 360% prod bonus in a t3 assembler: 10 x 4,6 = 46; 46 x 4,6 = 211,6; 211,6 x 4,6 = 973,4; ...

I know it differs from recipe to recipe, but basicaly this is what it is -> boring. The networth of let's say 10 plates of iron in vanilla is 27 plates after the third processing step compared to almost a thousand with modded modules

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

But Judos' own autostart mod is MP compatible!

I make the following proposal:

Map: all standard exept: water big; oil low/big very low/very big
Mods:
  1. rso (1.5.6, standard)
  2. hardcrafting
  3. RocketAutoStarter
Goal: 10k rockets.

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

Loewchen wrote: I make the following proposal:

Map: all standard exept: water big; oil low/big very low/very big
Mods:
  1. rso (1.5.6, standard)
  2. hardcrafting
  3. RocketAutoStarter
Goal: 10k rockets.
Nice! Go for it :)
Loewchen wrote:But Judos' own autostart mod is MP compatible!
Wasn't doubting about that, just grabbed his statement he made a while ago where he says that the other one we once had made trouble.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.31/Modded]

Post by daniel34 »

New Map!

Map Settings:
  • Water: Big
  • Oil: Very low / Very big / Regular
Goal:
  • Launch 10'000 rockets
Mods:
  • Resource Spawner Overhaul (1.5.6)
  • HardCrafting (0.3.10)
  • RocketAutoStart (0.1.0)

50kalkiller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.32/Modded]

Post by 50kalkiller »

Server seems to be on 0.12.32 but steam isn't updating the client past 0.12.31 for experimental?

Return to “Multiplayer”