[Vanilla|0.14|US] SUG Dedicated Server

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Vanilla|0.12.33|US] MP Dedicated Server

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

New map
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Maps going great but someone keeps intentionally aborting important technology right before it finishes. No way to know who of course. I posted a suggestion to the forum that tech choices be announced to console in multiplayer games.

Neat map so far, otherwise.

UndyingUndyne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by UndyingUndyne »

Something might be wrong with the server. I'm checking my ping to the server with Command Prompt and it's saying I'm at about 80ms. Yet when I actually try to connect to the server, I can't seem to download the map faster than 50 kB/s, which is way slower than I can normally download it at, and certainly not an acceptable speed either. What could possibly be the issue?

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

UndyingUndyne wrote:Something might be wrong with the server. I'm checking my ping to the server with Command Prompt and it's saying I'm at about 80ms. Yet when I actually try to connect to the server, I can't seem to download the map faster than 50 kB/s, which is way slower than I can normally download it at, and certainly not an acceptable speed either. What could possibly be the issue?
It's most likely a packet loss issue.

markheloking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by markheloking »

Map download speeds today are ~350kB/s, which takes quite a while for a 55MB map to download. Also players (Jake0126) with crazy high ping who don't understand networking and didn't want to leave the server which ruined gameplay for me.

I still find it so stupid that everyone is punished by just a single person having such a thrid-world grade connection when playing online. That's a big downside of multiplayer factorio for me :(

Reverend
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Reverend »

It's Jake's PC, not his connection.

Also the download speed for me is consistently 3.5MB/s (I'm on 100 down, 10 up service)

The map size is confusing to me. I've been on extremely huge maps that aren't 50 MBs. Is it all the bots and storage running it up that high?

markheloking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by markheloking »

For me it's consistently ~350kB/s and I have a 300Mb/s down 30Mb/s up connection.

Also the player by the name bodom is trying to reconnect over and over, but he's making the server lagg.

UndyingUndyne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by UndyingUndyne »

Some people on the server are trying to claim I'm making the server way laggy. Here's a screenshot of me testing my ping to the server to prove otherwise.
Attachments
Factorio Ping.PNG
Factorio Ping.PNG (7.02 KiB) Viewed 5386 times

markheloking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by markheloking »

UndyingUndyne wrote:Some people on the server are trying to claim I'm making the server way laggy. Here's a screenshot of me testing my ping to the server to prove otherwise.
Your upload speed is probably not high enough, which will cause ping spikes while playing (those won't show up in your average CMD pingtest). We were playing fine with up to 7 players at one point, no lagg whatsoever, but since you joined the average rate is about 30/40UPS effectively.
You can test this premiss by running a speedtest.net speedtest, and during that do a

Code: Select all

ping sugaming.us -t
and post that.

Also: you do have a high ping (100+ always, usually high 100's and spikes way above 200). Proof:
This way you're ruining everyone's gameplay.

Boy does factorio need a vote-ban system.

[edit]
And of course he's denying it calling all of us trolls.
Last edited by markheloking on Mon May 09, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miczu555PL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Miczu555PL »

Please get this guy out of here!
@Up picture

Jake0126
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jake0126 »

Im sorry for how bad i am i just want to interact with other players and play and have fun and do not want to cause trouble plz can we be friends and unban me plz. :( and plus this is the best server than any other server ive seen its got mostly nice people and everyone there including the owner are helpful. and ill try to improve my attitude for how mean i was to the owner of the server. :) i should have followed the rules and listen to what the owner said anyways his server technicly brought me into this game because i finally get to interact with other player than just being alone surrounded by aliens and making friends as i go on with me and evrony on the server as we lauch 50 rockets into the sky to reach our goal.

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Jake0126 wrote:snip
The initial reason you were banned was because of severe lag. I believe this was most likely caused by a slower end computer not being able to run the size of the map we have. Due to how factorio works if one lags we all lag. In order to keep the MP experience smooth I was forced to remove you due to the lag. You asked me repeatedly in teamspeak to unban you and I asked you to hang on a moment. After this you decided to spam join channels and spam the chat. I don't tolerate this kind of behavior. For now you will remain banned from all of my servers. In the future (next map possibly) I will decide if I want to unban you depending how other people feel. If you do get unbanned this isn't a guarantee you won't be banned again once again for causing lag. Thanks for you time.

-NoPantsMcDance,
Owner of Something Unique Gaming

Jake0126
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jake0126 »

When's the next restart so then I know when to jump back on my computer and play on your awesome server.your server is the only one around that isn't griefed or inactive and I like server that have no one griefing or causing any problems. But it seems I was problem ill wait until you decide to urban me :D

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

New map time!

Jake0126
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jake0126 »

already!! can i plz join i want to have fun interacting with other players than being alone on single player. can i atleast see after decreasing my graphics that it might have helped and if it did and there no lagg can i join

Switched
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Switched »

I wanna see how far I can get a train south and set up a new small self sufficient base.. Anyone else in on that idea? It's gonna be a lot of laser turrets destroying alien colonies..
Add Me on Steam for factorio co ops, http://steamcommunity.com/id/samueldt

Daffy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Daffy »

Switched wrote:I wanna see how far I can get a train south and set up a new small self sufficient base.. Anyone else in on that idea? It's gonna be a lot of laser turrets destroying alien colonies..
on this note bbower built a small base far south.. Sho said Wall apparently ripped it up. and according to Sho we aren't allowed mini bases anymore??
since when does anyone have the right to rip up what someone else did??

are we supposed to come way beck to base every time to restock when moving outward?
or maybe wait a day for logistic robots to reach all the way out there? and you cant leave the ports area of influence or they turn around..
a mini base is essential when pushing way out forward.. as long as its self sustaining besides power till it can be built...
a base that pulls a chest of turrets, iron, steel, etc from main base.. no thats just wrong..
nor can that mini base's supplies be just for you... but no one should be allowed to rip it up..

"bitters need that body" map name lol

as far as map size.. Nopants said he thinks its a replay issue and should be fixed for this map. only time will tell.
Last edited by Daffy on Wed May 11, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Daffy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Daffy »

jake and undying have been around for a while.. there generally good guys with good connections...

the www can be a fickle thing sometimes.. and your comp itself can lag things out a lot too!!! <--
maybe this day they bow out and leave but tomorrow they might have a better connection than you..

soooo what we just start banning every one? what are we nazi's?

trolls ripping stuff up, reeking havoc, and generally causing a big mess, ok... that's untenable...

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Daffy wrote:jake and undying have been around for a while.. there generally good guys with good connections...

the www can be a fickle thing sometimes.. and your comp itself can lag things out a lot too!!! <--
maybe this day they bow out and leave but tomorrow they might have a better connection than you..

soooo what we just start banning every one? what are we nazi's?

trolls ripping stuff up, reeking havoc, and generally causing a big mess, ok... that's untenable...
AFAIK undying hasn't been banend. Jake was temp banned for lagging, no one wants to sit there and not be able to play the game because he doesn't want to leave. I was actually in the process of unbanning him when he decided to spam chat in teamspeak and go into other channels and troll. So I extended his ban, after this he decided to use a proxy to connect so now the ban is extended to permanent.

Daffy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Daffy »

gotta feed that factorio addiction apparently.. :P proxy and more the spamming yeah thats no good... :/ kids (i can say that im old)

what about the other post? :/

Return to “Multiplayer”