[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.16/Bob's/FARL]

Post by kaZ »

Psnm: I agree with you in 95%. I've tested your settings and it looks quite good. The only thing i want to mentuo thattwe might fall into a negative loop of power supply. 2 burner miners feeding each other depleted by half after just 15 minutes. After a while it was hard to keep them running cause their very own consumption was most likely more than they produced.

Maybe we can wait and see if judos manages to create gis very own launch script so we could go for resource intensive game again (which requires vast infrastructrue). The production of concrete for 10k rockets would take around 50-100 million stone and iron ore (just as example), depending on usage of the vanilla prod modules which also results in a bigger production of necessar power.

Overall in my point of view it's very unstable and risky to create 0.1 ore of whatever with a. 180kW miner. Usually you would turn it off cause it is not lucrative anymore. ( which we would be forced to do anyway if there is no more ore to mine). The 0.1 pumpsin late game are for example are pure luxury, obtained by a (possible ) overproducttion of energy due to vast availible other ores that can be mined i. An efficient way till they are depleted.

Greetings.

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.16/Bob's/FARL]

Post by psznm »

kaZ wrote:Psnm: I agree with you in 95%. I've tested your settings and it looks quite good. The only thing i want to mentuo thattwe might fall into a negative loop of power supply. 2 burner miners feeding each other depleted by half after just 15 minutes. After a while it was hard to keep them running cause their very own consumption was most likely more than they produced.

Maybe we can wait and see if judos manages to create gis very own launch script so we could go for resource intensive game again (which requires vast infrastructrue). The production of concrete for 10k rockets would take around 50-100 million stone and iron ore (just as example), depending on usage of the vanilla prod modules which also results in a bigger production of necessar power.

Overall in my point of view it's very unstable and risky to create 0.1 ore of whatever with a. 180kW miner. Usually you would turn it off cause it is not lucrative anymore. ( which we would be forced to do anyway if there is no more ore to mine). The 0.1 pumpsin late game are for example are pure luxury, obtained by a (possible ) overproducttion of energy due to vast availible other ores that can be mined i. An efficient way till they are depleted.

Greetings.
You are not wrong. However this mod doesn't necessarily disable resource intensity, you just have to work much harder to reach it. With coal, those electric miners are actually 90kW and we can get boilers mk2 very soon to reach 75% efficiency and mk3 soon enough to reach 100% efficiency. Also we could just add a little bit of richness to coal at map generation if necessary, so we would have easier time with coal. Also in mid game, there aren't any changes to solar panels on which we will most likely rely with power. The point of these setting is to make all parts of gameplay harder, early-game, mid-game and late-game, and encourage(enforce maybe) expansion. I will do some testing to find right settings to coal, and if they need to change.

Edit1: so far I have found that 1 electric miner mining single pile of 10% richness coal, can still support itself and produce some extra coal, with the worst boiler there is.

Edit2: it is really hard to reach 10% richness on all the piles even if trying, you can usually fit at least 8 miners on most of the smallest deposits around the starting area, miner mining single pile of 0.1 resource produces the same as miner mining 25 piles of 0.1 resource.

Edit3: Miner with ~0.8 efficiency (3 speed modules 3) can still support itself and produce some extra coal, on seed 200 i managed to fit 67 electric miners just for coal.

Conclusion: The fact that the miner with 3 speed modules (250%speed for 310% energy) can still support itself at 50% efficiency boiler and still produce extra, tells me that we will be fine. Also note that boilers with 100% efficiency can be available fairly early in game, I am pretty sure we will have at least those by the time we reach 0.1 richness on our coal. Another fact, that I fitted 67 miners on coal just in starting area, makes me want to actually decrease frequency, but I guess its fine until we actually try the modpack.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.16/Bob's/RSO/FARL]

Post by daniel34 »

I've started a new map according to psznm's specifications and mods.
The old map was basically only a game of "click LAUNCH a few 1000 times".

I've set the goal to 1.000 rockets, but that might change as it's very difficult to predict how fast that can be done (as seen from the last map, 4k rockets in <4 days). I will be aiming at a playtime of about 1-3 weeks, depending on how fast we can launch these rockets and how much fun the map is for you.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi everyone,

I finished the work on this small mod for launching the rockets automatically. I also tested this for some time on our huge last world from this server (the one from yesterday, bobs mods but no god modules).
RocketAutoStarter Mod

@daniel34: Feel free to add the mod to your server if you want :-) The logic itself is smaller than the one from launch control since I don't use a radar entity but just an empty chest which periodically checks silos around. (every 10s by default but can be configured in config.lua). The code is quite short so this has minimal performance impact even when 1000 of those entities are used.

Additionally the mod postes some statistics in the chat (every 10 minute a summary how many rockets were launched if any, see config.lua again). Which could be quite nice to see and improve the factory.

However I guess we don't need it quite yet on the new map :D I'm going to check the map right now...

Cheers,
judos

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psznm »

Script for dropping player with extremely long downloads and stopping the game by lagging 600 frames behind would be really nice, getting game stuck for more than half an hour and counting is no fun.
Last edited by psznm on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psznm »

FARL has crashed the server, there has been error at one point and then it started desyncing for some players, when I started using the FARL locomotive it crashed, hopefully it won't happen again.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

The game crashed :(

Please could you restart

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Daniel, sorry to bother you, but the server crashed.
Probably, that's due to FARL.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

DAniel, we have a desync issue this time :(
Probably, due to FARL.

Could you restart the server?

TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

please remove FARL.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.16/Bob's/RSO]

Post by daniel34 »

I have removed FARL and added Bisa's Dedicated server init script, which means that should the server crash it restarts automatically with the most current autosave (made every 10 minutes).

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

@daniel:
Can we have the mod autofill on the server? This would allow us to go for quick and efficient attacks with sniper turrets...

Thanks and cheers

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

daniel, could you restart the server with dytech?

Unfortunately, the map is too big and very laggi.
We launched just 54 rockets.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

We are still making progress and it is just laggy on slow machines. Btw Dytech does not work with any version beyond 12.10.

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

The interesting question is what causes the lag. I had the regular 60/60 once i left and the other day I joined it dropped to something about 30/30. the only thing which massivly incresead was the pollution, maybe the ongoing calculations for pollution cause the lag. Maybe we should try to decrease the generated pollution even if we drop in productivity to 30% instead of 60% for every step of production (which is still enough for EACH step of production).
Another issue, if lag is related to pollution, is the endless ress mod. The regular mining emits pollution from it's beginning till it's end and than vanishes slowly. The endless ress mod just adds another steady cloud of pollution to the other.

Why do I Think it is realted to pollution?
Once we played Dytech i made a j4f mining layout with mk5 miners ( allover productivty modules ) surrounded by speed beacons. The pollution emitted was about 1.2 mill per tick. Once it could spread over a vast Area it started to lag for me, so i removed it again.

Also the desert spawn shows it's negative aspects in combination with our style of playing.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.22/Vanilla]

Post by daniel34 »

I'm back with a new vanilla server, see the first post for details :)

shachar2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shachar2 »

Ores: Low/Small/Poor
means that after the enemy populate the entire map the game's over because you have to keep pushing for really tiny ponds of iron ore

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

shachar2 wrote:
Ores: Low/Small/Poor
means that after the enemy populate the entire map the game's over because you have to keep pushing for really tiny ponds of iron ore
You obviously don't know how incredible good we are 8-)

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

A lot to learn you have young padawan / transport belt repair man 8-)

PandaGOD
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PandaGOD »

Whenever i log in to any multiplayer server (including this), i download the map and as soon as i get in, i get disconnected and have to redownload the map again, and it repeats over and over again.

is it my problem?

Return to “Multiplayer”