[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.15/RSO/YARM]

Post by Loewchen »

I would like to make a manually configured RSO map with insanely spread out resources and fewer enemy bases to build a gigantic rail-network. And additionally Dytech :geek:

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

I would appreciate to choose a ressource intensive goal for the map. First of all this would need a large / larger rail network (as Loewchen intended the post before) but also intensive planning skills on ratios and big factories/logistics
It can be to launch several 1.000 of rockets or whatever. Personally I think the 40k rockets would be a bit too annoying, but maybe 5k, 10k, ... whatever. It also should be achievable within 3-4 weeks.

Here's my proposal for a ressource intensive goal:

Basic Vanilla Game + Helper Mods (YARM, Landfill, Fatcontroller (!!!!), FARL (i'm not a fan, but others like it much), Larger Inventory, rso, maybe launch control Which mandatory mods did I miss?

Map Settings

Water: Whatever
Ores: Normal-High / Big-Very Big / Normal
Oil: Very High / Medium / Regular
Enemies: Normal / Very Big / Very Poor (gives less artefacts)
Starting area: Whatever

Dytech + Helper Mods (YARM, Landfill, Fatcontroller, FARL, rso, maybe launch control, Which mandatory mods did I miss?

Water: Whatever
Iron / Copper Ore: Normal / Big / Normal (Other ores idk, maybe just normal)
Oil: Normal / Medium / Regular
Enemies: Normal / Very Big / Very Poor (gives less artefacts)
Starting area: Whatever

Right know I don't know if it also applies to Dytech that 2 ores can spawn in the same field. Please check the config to ensure that every ore has it's own field. It's just too annoying to get an ore you don't need right now or at anytime in large quantities (e.g Galena in Bobs Mods with the needed Lead and the trillions of nickel without big usage)

markheloking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by markheloking »

O man! That sounds awesome! I'm in Africa for the next few months, so unfortunately I'm unable to play multiplayer. (Datacapped connections only over 3G/4G isn't going to cut it for playing factorio without lag haha)

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Dytech + helper mods + goal to launch 10k+ rockets

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

I've seen you launched a rocket with these settings (surprised that happened so fast) and i'll restart the server sometime tomorrow (probably around noon) with the ideas kaZ explained. That means Dytech + Landfill + FAT + FARL, probably not RSO or YARM.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

If you want the RSO Loewchen and Kaz mentioned, you have to change:
(All changes in RSO config inside of the zip file)

reduce:
1. absolute_resource_chance = 0.60 (maybe go down to 0.50)
2. global_richness_mult = 1 (maybe go down to 0.5)
3. richness_distance_factor = 0.8 (maybe go down to 0.6 or lower)
4. global_size_mult = 1 (maybe go down to 0.75)

+ add ScienceCostTweaker with custom config
(All changes in config/config inside of the zip file)

Double everything? for a overall harder/more fun/longer experience

+ set the new goal to 100 or even 1000 Rockets

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I have experimented with RSO settings and found a sweet spot that creates the effect I desired (massively decreased ore spawns with slightly higher richness). The tedious part was to disable resource collisions (there is no good way to separate them afterwards imo) , as I could not find a command in the settings to do that but had to change the properties of every single ore. I still want to do some testing with Dytech enabled, but it seems not to be working with 12.15 right now.

As I understand the next server wont use RSO so there is time to test and use it another time.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.15/Bob's/FARL]

Post by daniel34 »

Dytech hasn't been updated it seems, but I made a new map with Bob's mods + FARL + Fat Controller + Landfill and the world settings as kaZ wrote them.
daniel34 wrote:Goal
  • 10'000 Rockets!
Have fun! :)

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.15/Bob's/FARL]

Post by gr0mpel »

i will try to participate. sounds like a good challenge.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TiTaN_3000 wrote:If you want the RSO Loewchen and Kaz mentioned, you have to change:
(All changes in RSO config inside of the zip file)

reduce:
1. absolute_resource_chance = 0.60 (maybe go down to 0.50)
2. global_richness_mult = 1 (maybe go down to 0.5)
3. richness_distance_factor = 0.8 (maybe go down to 0.6 or lower)
4. global_size_mult = 1 (maybe go down to 0.75)

+ add ScienceCostTweaker with custom config
(All changes in config/config inside of the zip file)

Double everything? for a overall harder/more fun/longer experience

+ set the new goal to 100 or even 1000 Rockets
For future reference - you can reduce richness and size on map gen when starting the game and leave the config values unchanged then.
And I'd recommend leaving richness distance factor intact unless you are planning to travel really far to get fields that can be nicely mined with high mark miners and will last for a bit.
Loewchen wrote:I have experimented with RSO settings and found a sweet spot that creates the effect I desired (massively decreased ore spawns with slightly higher richness). The tedious part was to disable resource collisions (there is no good way to separate them afterwards imo) , as I could not find a command in the settings to do that but had to change the properties of every single ore. I still want to do some testing with Dytech enabled, but it seems not to be working with 12.15 right now.

As I understand the next server wont use RSO so there is time to test and use it another time.
Can you tell me what do you mean by disabling resource collisions ?
There is a system now that does that and was working quite well for that purpose. And it's enabled by default.
It has one parameter I didn't put out in config file that decides how "complete" resource field needs to be spawned. It won't protect from fields that are near each other but don't actually overlap.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

orzelek wrote:
Loewchen wrote:I have experimented with RSO settings and found a sweet spot that creates the effect I desired (massively decreased ore spawns with slightly higher richness). The tedious part was to disable resource collisions (there is no good way to separate them afterwards imo) , as I could not find a command in the settings to do that but had to change the properties of every single ore. I still want to do some testing with Dytech enabled, but it seems not to be working with 12.15 right now.

There is a system now that does that and was working quite well for that purpose. And it's enabled by default.
It has one parameter I didn't put out in config file that decides how "complete" resource field needs to be spawned. It won't protect from fields that are near each other but don't actually overlap.
It might be my extreme settings, but I had constellations like this several times (with 1.4.5).

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Loewchen wrote:
orzelek wrote:

It might be my extreme settings, but I had constellations like this several times (with 1.4.5).
Seems like collision avoidance would allow those - I had it configured quite gently.

In new version (1.4.6) I upped the ratio a bit by default and you can also change it in config file. Be warned that setting it to 1 and keeping resource skip might mean you will miss a lot of resources (even 1 tile of water of other resource would dicard whole field).

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.16/Bob's/FARL]

Post by daniel34 »

Updated the server to 0.12.16 and added bobconfig_0.12.1 with bobmods.config.modules.EnableGodModules = false

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

you have to download bob's config as well

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.10/Marathon/RSO/FARL]

Post by psznm »

daniel34 wrote:Restarted the server. I really should install an autorestart script sometime.
Server crashed, I wish you did :cry:

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.10/Marathon/RSO/FARL]

Post by psznm »

psznm wrote:
daniel34 wrote:Restarted the server. I really should install an autorestart script sometime.
Server crashed, I wish you did :cry:
nvm, its back up
*edit However, huge rollback happened, any chance it could be restored?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Removed the Lauch control mod because it constantly killed the server.
Server is now up again, 20 of 10'000 rockets launched.

TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

2.000 of 10.000 rockets launched.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

The factory is done, so there is nothing to do any more except klicking 6700 times on the launch button :(

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psznm »

So, since the playthrough is probably not finished yet only because we don't have launch control anymore, I was thinking hard how I would like to play next playthrough. For that reason I spent hours tinkering with config files of certain mods. I am attaching pack with those mods, and more importantly their config files inside those mods. Basically it will be almost same as last playthrough.
BUT:

NO BOBS MODULES: This one is big thing, because every bobs mods playthrough so far was ruined by its overpowered modules. Even tho there weren't god modules anymore, 40% productivity on single module is still OP as heck, even if we removed those, speed modules + beacon mk3 are still "broken". Vanilla modules are much more balanced and for that reason I believe it will be much more fun with them.

RSO: This one was a headache to find good configuration for. I had to restart the game about hundred times to get resource richness and size to my liking. As for biters, there is fewer of their bases, but those bases will be somewhat big to make it challenging and explorable at once. That is also needed so that we can push through biters early, because we would need to expand as soon as possible with these settings.

ENDLESS RESOURCES: I want to play this mod because we never actually had to go far for resources, or we had to go for them just once or twice per playthrough. This, in addition to RSO, no bobs modules, no advanced miners and productivity only for some intermediates, will change it.

Gameplay: Resources will be scarce and we will need alot of them(no OP productivity modules). Even tho resources will be infinite, they will be very poor and we won't have advanced miners so we will have to create many outposts and collect resources with trains( we didn't have to use trains at all last playthrough :( ).It won't feel too bad to create train station for small resource deposit, because it will last forever(but won't mine too much). Usually we will have to fight biters for those resources, but it won't be too tedious because it will not be solid wall of biters and we won't have to fight them at every step. Cheaper steel = false, just because I felt steel was too cheap.

Goal: All research + 100 rockets?
Question mark because I don't know how difficult it will be, my guess is 1-2 weeks for this goal. Might even be 2-3 since removing bobs modules will change the late gameplay drastically.

As for map generation settings
Water only in starting area: With bobs mods water isn't really needed, except from start. Also pollution will spread easily due to lack of trees so we will have to defend more against biters.
Crude oil: Frequency very low, Size very small. There will be alot of oil anyway(trust me, I generated about hundred of maps before creating this post)
Starting area: very small. Smaller starting area = more biter fun, smaller starting area = less water = more building space
Seed: 200. Just because I think there is just right amount of wood to sustain us until we can produce synthetic wood.

If you are not going to take my suggestion on this mod pack, please at least take RSO and endless resources configured by me from that pack. I think playing those two mods might be nice fresh experience.
Attachments
mods.rar
(17.47 MiB) Downloaded 1155 times

Return to “Multiplayer”