[0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Should new alien artifacts be used in new ammo recipes?

Poll ended at Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am

No, leave the recipes more or less as they are
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts directly in ammo recipes
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts to make a new intermediate item, of which is used in new ammo recipes
76%

Total votes: 17

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by solntcev »

Hello, how does warfare decides use of allien artifacts in recipes?

I play with Bobs + Angels, all bobs allien settings set to off, but I still get big artifacts from spawners and worms.
Angels Biochem adds crafting of small artifacts, but there is no recipes to convert small to large artifacts.
High-end warfare items require large artifacts.

Does warfare read bobenemies settings or only check for artifacts existance? How it should work?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Basically, if artifacts exist, it uses them.

the settings in bobenemies should (Assuming I did it right) not even add artifacts to the game if you turn those settings off.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

asw122
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by asw122 »

Hi Bob,

On the artifact vein - I'm playing Bob+Angel's with artifacts on, as I quite enjoy having to have some form of interaction with the aliens as part of the game beyond "don't die".

Only problem is the small artifacts - I get attacked A LOT. If I leave the game running for an hour or two, I can come back to having thousands of small purples on the ground near one of my mining bases (a combination of it producing a lot of pollution and a couple of nearby biter bases). Tagging thousands (or, as I just had to because I got ill and forgot the game wasn't paused for a couple of days, 202k) of them makes the game very stuttery and when I actually release the mouse to say "OK, tag everything in this area", it actually freezes for 10-20 seconds).

Is there any chance you could add something which would auto-tag them for collection by bot or something (maybe some kind of radar that tags everything in its range every 20 seconds or so)? I used to use Lootcrate which just magnet'ed them in for me, but with artifacts taken out of vanilla, all of those kind of mods (or at least all the ones I'm aware of) seem to have died. Even the ones that had it as part of a larger mod (like Robot Army) have deactivated that aspect in 0.15.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I have considered that sort of thing, but it's not something easy to do.

You could always turn off small artifacts, you'd then have to kill bases to get the big ones.
I also have a Patreon.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

You can lay belts in the areas where the aliens die to automatically collect the artifacts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You can grab natural evolution buildings I think for automated artifact collector. It's pretty performance friendly if you don't use 100's of them.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

In other thread was mentioned that there will be recipes to convert allien artifacts to colored artifacts. Is this thing only planned or already implemented?
I did kind of make things easier now, if you have one coloured artifact, you can combine it with 5 regulars to get 5 of that colour.
How do I enable this recipe?

Another question: Is it possible to enable small artifacts for recipes (combine into large artifacts) but disable artifact drop? Angel biochem allows crafting of small artifacts, but I don't want my walls littered with artifacts from biters.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

solntcev wrote:In other thread was mentioned that there will be recipes to convert allien artifacts to colored artifacts. Is this thing only planned or already implemented?
I did kind of make things easier now, if you have one coloured artifact, you can combine it with 5 regulars to get 5 of that colour.
How do I enable this recipe?

Another question: Is it possible to enable small artifacts for recipes (combine into large artifacts) but disable artifact drop? Angel biochem allows crafting of small artifacts, but I don't want my walls littered with artifacts from biters.
Already implemented, included in the latest version of bobenemies for 0.15.

You can edit the in game mod settings to turn on artifacts, but turn off artifacts from aliens, then they'll all exist, but you won't get the bubblegum spill. You still get large artifacts from destroying bases.
I also have a Patreon.

taeo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by taeo »

I've noticed in my mod loadout that all tiers of tanks now only have a single weapon. I'm assuming this is unintentional, is it a known mod incompatibility or bug? I'm also running angel's and AAI, if that helps.

Also, I'm not sure what mod the personal energy shield MK3+ come from, but I thought it was bob's. The recipes for them still call for artifacts, is there a toggle somewhere for that? I have artifacts turned off in bob's enemies (which I actually only added just to have the toggle to turn off), and all the bullets have alternate recipes, but not the energy shields or batteries or plasma cannons etc that are mk3+

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Turning off the toggle in my mod only prevents the items being created by my mod. if artifacts are added elsewhere, they're still loaded and used by any of my other mods that would try to use them.

Since there's so many mods in my series, the easiest way is literally just to do a "if it exists then use it" check on an item per item basis, so if someone else adds an item by the same name, it'll use it just as if it was added by one of my mods.

As for only 1 weapon on tanks... well, doesn't the base game tank have 2 weapons? the cannon and the SMG? the MK2 should have 3(MK1 + Artillery), and the MK3 should have 4(MK2 + Laser weapon)

In all honesty I haven't really played the game to check if tanks actually work correctly, but since 0.15 has been out, this is the first I'm hearing of an issue.
I also have a Patreon.

taeo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by taeo »

hmm, I bet Angel's mods are adding the artifacts back in, but doesn't look like he has a toggle for them. That being said, without Bob's Enemies, the recipes still used the colored artifacts but they had a broken name. Something like "unknown.item.something.something". I'm at work so I can't check.

As for the tanks, in my install the mk3 tank only has a laser cannon, and the mk2 only has artillery, nothing else. I'll see if its an incompatibility that's causing it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I can confirm that the tanks in my mod do indeed have 3 and 4 weapons each. They don't have a flamethrower though, that is a new addition since I made my tanks.
I also have a Patreon.

taeo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by taeo »

Just a quick update in case anyone ends up in this thread with the same issues I've had

The mk2 and mk3 Tanks were missing most of their weapons due to an incompatibility with AAI vehicles or one of it's dependencies

The artifacts still showing up in the higher tear warfare recipes is being caused by one of Angel's mods, I'm not sure which one. They must leave some stub of an item behind in their code that bob's mods picks up on. Not sure if there is anything you can do about it Bob, or if I should be bothering the Angel's dev.

You can see here what I was mentioning earlier about the name

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, probably best to poke angel about those artifacts. He is usually quite accomodating. There's also not much I can do to fix it because angels is an "over bobs", his overrides mine on purpose.
I also have a Patreon.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

taeo wrote:...
As for the tanks, in my install the mk3 tank only has a laser cannon, and the mk2 only has artillery, nothing else. I'll see if its an incompatibility that's causing it.
AAI vehicle mods remove weapons from all vehicles. Another side effect: your vehicles becomes autonomous, you can load them with ammo and command remotely.

taeo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by taeo »

solntcev wrote:
taeo wrote:...
AAI vehicle mods remove weapons from all vehicles. Another side effect: your vehicles becomes autonomous, you can load them with ammo and command remotely.
so its even intentional. I don't see much point in an autonomous tank that can't shoot. I only wanted it for the hauling truck anyway, I'm happy enough without it. I just hope Angel's mod does something about the artifacts half-showing up

tistel78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tistel78 »

Hi,

In Factorio 0.15.32 i engunterd 1 splitter ailien with 50 k hp and 1 biter ailien with 100 k hp.

Are those from you are they from the original game?

I Use quite many Bob's mods, but I think warfare are the one that my change original setup.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You're probably talking about Leviathan spitters/biters added by the bob's Enemies mod.
I also have a Patreon.

Chibiabos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chibiabos »

Would really like to see larger equipment grid sizes on vehicles, especially advanced vehicles. Top tier tank has 10x6 grid, versus top tier power armor has 16x16. When I have top tier power armor, vehicles are virtually useless -- I can stuff my grid with exoskeletons and shields and move faster and survive more damage than I can with the top tier tank, and the car doesn't seem to have any upgrades.

I'd like to see vehicle equipment grids at /least/ as large as the similar tier power armor, and it'd be nice to have an advanced car (or maybe a truck) that's less combat-focused (so not as many weapons nor armor/hit points) but with large inventory and equipment grids to use as a mobile construction base.

Litcube
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Litcube »

Hi guys!

Since I can produce uranium ammo in a much more simpler process than the warfare mod ammo, I never use the warfare ammo.

Any ideas on how to make Bob's warfare bullets more attractive? Right now, vanilla uranium bullets are easier, cheaper, more effective.

Return to “Bob's mods”