[0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Should new alien artifacts be used in new ammo recipes?

Poll ended at Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am

No, leave the recipes more or less as they are
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts directly in ammo recipes
12%
Yes, Use coloured alien artifacts to make a new intermediate item, of which is used in new ammo recipes
76%

Total votes: 17

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.9] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by bobingabout »

It doesn't actually say it in the first post of this topic, but does say it in the list of downloads page. MCI is required with the current implementation of this mod, without it, the mod is disabled.

There may be an alternate method that doesn't require it in the future.

or if you go back a few pages, someone created a version of the mod themselves that works without MCI.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

WhatTheDuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatTheDuck »

ok, thx for the answer.
I also started to change the mod so it work without MCI. I didnt know anyhthing about modding, but i learned a lot yesterday.

I know that you wrote in the download thread that MCI is required, but i thought that it changed maybe, thats the reason i asked.

drayath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drayath »

Hi,
Possible bug for you: exo-skeleton 1 uses 20kw power (+30% move), exo2 uses 3kw power (+45% move), exo3 uses 4kw power (+60% move).

Would assume that should be either 2,3,4kw or 20,30,40kw (with various mods but nothing other than ...\mods\bobwarfare_0.12.9.zip\bobwarfare_0.12.9\prototypes\<various>\equipment.lua contains mention of exoskeleton's)

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

the exoskeleton are at the end of prototypes/equipment/equipment.lua if you want to change it. (only mk2 and mk3)

The 20kw one is the vanilla exo-skeleton. Don't know why the other are so cheap.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Neemys wrote:The 20kw one is the vanilla exo-skeleton. Don't know why the other are so cheap.
Probably a Typo. I have actually fixed this already, however, being the only change in the warfare mod, I havn't felt the need to release it yet. once I finish what I'm doing on the logistics mod, I do plan to start making changes to the warfare mod, so... you've just got to wait a bit longer for the fix.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by bobingabout »

Latest updates!

Warfare 0.12.10:
* Exoskeleton MK2 and MK3 power usage increased to 30kW and 40kW.
* Added distractor robot artillery ammo, for tank.
* Added Electric ammo. (impact likely to be removed later)
* Adjusted Armor resistances
* Added Radar MK2 to MK5
* Adjusted wall resistances
I also have a Patreon.

Alusares
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alusares »

Hey Bob, first off, let me thank you for all the work you do on all of your mods. i've been using the entire bob's mods package for about a month now and i love it! my question is, since radar ranges arent displayed in the tool tips, im wondering how the new radars compare to the RSO Radar by Kane. (i tried to link to his forum thread, but the system wont let me put links in my first forum post)

any help would be appreciated :)

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

RSO radar : 28 (6)

Bob :
MK2 : 16 (5)
MK3 : 18 (7)
MK4 : 20 (9)
MK5 : 22 (11)
Number in parenthesis are the area all the time revealed. The other number is how far the radar will reveal chunk over time.

RSO radar reveal a little area all the time but scan chunk farthest than bob one.
Bob radar reveal all the time more area.

If you use radar to scan new chunk to find ore. RSO radar is the one you need.
If you use radar to keep chunk of the map all the time revealed (bitter surveillance for exemple). Use bob.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Basically, +2 sectors per level.

default is 14 sectors for long range ping scan, and 3 sectors permanant reveal.

MK2 is 16/5
MK3 is 18/7
MK4 is 20/9
MK5 is 22/11

Also, the default consumes 300kW, and mine consume 150kW more power per level... the amount of power needed to perform a scan remains constant, so the extra power means it scans faster, so a MK3 is twice the speed of MK1, and MK5 is 3 times.

I could have gone with more than just +2 to long sector scanning.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Compared to big brothers they are a bit weaker - it has lots research for them tho.
I don't recall final parameters exactly but it's about 41 long range scan and 21 permanent with final power cost about 1MW. And they are really fast near the end - no idea about actual numbers.

Alusares
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alusares »

thank you guys for the fast response! your explanations really put the comparison into perspective. being able to scan further for ore can be helpful, but the idea of being able to keep a better eye on the outskirts of my factory with a wider fog revealed-area is quite appealing. thank you again for all your work bob!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Not sure if this has been reported. That bot below needs a description.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, that needs fixing.
I also have a Patreon.

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

I think also this ones don't have the right icon:

btw wehre you get hose icons TheSAguy: they look way more better then mine.
Attachments
warfare3.png
warfare3.png (817.89 KiB) Viewed 5123 times
warfare2.png
warfare2.png (839.75 KiB) Viewed 5123 times

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

GeekinaCave wrote:I think also this ones don't have the right icon:

btw wehre you get hose icons TheSAguy: they look way more better then mine.
It'sExtra Chests.
Horrible name, since it's actually a Icon replacer for Bob's and he has done a great job at it. He also sorts/groups the items slightly different that default Bob.

madtulip
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.11] Bob's Warfare mod

Post by madtulip »

Recently you added upgradeable versions if the combat robots. I would like to know if they will appear in my current game which was started with your 0.13 initial commits. Do i have to reload the tech tree after updating the warfare module? will that reset the already researched techs? or what are the required steps?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If I programmed it right... update, and everything will be taken care of for you automatically.
I also have a Patreon.

madtulip
Inserter
Inserter

Post by madtulip »

very convenient. thank you very much!

one thing regarding balance.: the sniper turrets seam superior in most aspects to the normal gun turrets. locally we reduced theire DPS. i imagine the gun turrets as higher DPS shorter range and the sniper turrets to pick of worms and spitters from the distance. Apart from changing the DPS i thought if it would be possible to assign different damage or armor types to worms, spitters and biters such that a mixed defense of gun turrets aginst biters and sniper turrets against spitters and worms would be effective. How do you imagine balancing turret types/making both usefull/required?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Almost everything has a resistance to explosive, so I wouldn't recommend that.

Big worms have a resistance to whatever damage they spit.
My spawners, biters have a resistance to piercing, acid and poison, spitters have resistance to electric, explosive and fire.

The enemies themselves have resistances to whatever their attack type is, plus those of their nests, as a result, biters are weakest to electric and fire, where spitters are weakest to piercing, acid and poison.

I think my personal recommendation would be a mix of fire, and poison, due to the small AOE damage those ammos have. Acid MIGHT, but I can't remember, explosive definitely does, but again, most things have a big resistance to it (base game logic), the problem is that the fire turrets would still attack those giant fire spitters, and poison biters, where it is very ineffective.

Behemoths and Leviathans, well, just shoot them with whatever, their resistances are almost uniform. Those leviathans are often the last thing standing.

EDIT: I think I missed your question entirely. There's no way that I know of to force a turret to attack a specific thing. They just pick a target, and shoot it until it's dead.
I also have a Patreon.

madtulip
Inserter
Inserter

Post by madtulip »

Yes, but very interesting anyway.

I was talking about the damage and range gun turrets and sniper turrets would do with the most basic type of ammo. Atm. sniper turrets are just the better choice. They have a lot more range but their drop in DPS is not significant vs. gun turrets. So we never build gun turrets.

Imo both turret types should have their application and a mixed use of them should be the optimum way to go. In order to achieve that we locally lowered the DPS of the sniper (i.e. by reducing the firing rate). The increased range would still be valuable against spitters and exspecially worms (while siege tank approaching enemy bases with turrets) keeping the sniper turret as usefull object. On the other hand you would not want to only spam sniper turrets with the decreased DPS as ... well theire DPS is lower IF the enemies come in range of the gun turrets.

Lowering the sniper turret rate of fire and thus DPS a notch is probably not the most elegant solution. It would be nice to have if sniper turrets deal i.e. "piercing" damage which would be extra efficient against spitters and worms. They would at the same time do reduced damage to biters. Gun turrets would do more damage closed range against biters so a mix is necessary and both turret types have theire value.

I didnt do much with laser turrets just yet but theire role should be considered in this context.

THEN on top of that comes the elemental damage types - or maybe its the same or the key to the problem. Afaik both turret types can load all elemental ammo types thus not differentiating the turrets enought -> not both are viable. maybe there is piercing sniper ammo and frag gun turret ammo damage types? maybe biters come in resistent to (peircing and flame) or (piercing and poison) flavors while the spitters come in resistent to (frag and flame) or (frag and poison) flavours? with piercing and frag beeing the defaults all of the respective monster types have. Maybe frag and piercing ammo doesnt require two different ammo objects if the turret firing the ammo could just add the piercing respectively frag flag to the shot. In that case ammo could have the "no","flame",or "poison" additional damage type flags alone.

Return to “Bob's mods”