[0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Enemies Mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

The 6th damage type (Orange) should

Poll ended at Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am

Stay as Impact
23%
Change to Electric
77%

Total votes: 13

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.2] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:I see that RSO will need small update after you release this to make it able to spawn new worms.
Can you suggest proposed ratio for different worms in enemy bases to use for that one ?
I dunno... Current Big Worm ratio, divide it by 3, assign that to current Big worm and the 3 new types.

if it works as I suspect, all 4 big worm types combined should apear just a little more often than the original big worm does.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Does anyone have RSO that will work with bob's mods?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

cpy wrote:Does anyone have RSO that will work with bob's mods?
It's posted near end of RSO thread.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

thx

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Will this mod work with DyTech-War?
I'm just wondering since DyTech has it's own set of enemies if there will be any conflicts. Will both exist or will one overwrite the other?

Thanks.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TheSAguy wrote:Will this mod work with DyTech-War?
I'm just wondering since DyTech has it's own set of enemies if there will be any conflicts. Will both exist or will one overwrite the other?

Thanks.
It works properly as far as I can tell. I'm not sure which stats common enemies end up with - probably from mod that loads later.
There is a different way of adding new enemies so both should be around - I didn't check it in details in code tho.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Both sets of enemies SHOULD exist. DyTech overides base game spawning(At least it did last time I tried it), where my mod adds new nests with their own lists. The result is that DyTech enemies come from base game nests and mine come from the nests I added.
I also have a Patreon.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Suggestion:

When you release a new version, could you possibly add some new aliens. I briefly played with Hardcorio and loved the new aliens and their abilities.

Thanks.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I was thinking about adding new aliens, but there's 2 problems with that:

1. Graphics, not my thing, I don't have anything to use.
2. What would their abillities actually be? I am open to sugestions here. Lasers doesn't seem right, and short of spitting, or biting, I can't think of anything.
I also have a Patreon.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

bobingabout wrote:I was thinking about adding new aliens, but there's 2 problems with that:

1. Graphics, not my thing, I don't have anything to use.
2. What would their abillities actually be? I am open to sugestions here. Lasers doesn't seem right, and short of spitting, or biting, I can't think of anything.
Bob, give Hardcorio a quick spin: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=7980
(If you have not already...)

He really did amazing work and he might be open to you using his graphics & code... (Can't hurt to ask)

Some of his aliens cross water, explode, zip through buildings.... and I have not even gotten deep into it to know if there are stuff I've not seen.
Some good ideas there.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Hardcorio graphics are from Starcraft 1! So they aren't his graphics. Also sounds. He just imported lost of if from SC1.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I've never cared for his mod partly for that reason, in spite of the admittedly impressive features. That and he's [Edited]. But that's purely personal opinion.

[Edited by Koub] : You are free to have an opinion, and to express it, but please no personal attacks : we don't want this forum to become a trench war.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Maybe I'll think of something.
I also have a Patreon.

Dreadicon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dreadicon »

I'll poke around for free alien sprite sheets. Might be some around somewhere.

As to suggestions:

-Digging biters: can 'burrow' and have big resistances while burrowed, but can only stay underground for so long. While underground they can damage buildings, but not units.
-Flying biters/spitters: pretty straight forward; biters with wings (or similar). they could attack at close range, or from a distance. Not very hardy, but very fast.
-Siege spitter: these lob AoE attacks from far away. They'd need a counter-measure, of course, like artillery or attack drones that can return to base when done.
-Sneaky biters: Defenses can't target them till they are attacking something, or maybe in range of a radar/player vision. Could use a black version of normal biters.
-Queen biter/spitter: (if possible) never leave the base; might even be best as a structure. when a player aggros it, it calls out to nearby bases at a larger range than normal, meaning a lot more aliens coming your way...
-Swimming spitters/spawners: these only show up in the water, and the spitters it spawns can't leave the water. Alternatively have some biters amphibious.
-Suicide biter: pretty straight forward concept; a biter that runs up and self-detonates in an AoE. or flies. or swims.
-Electro-spitter: causes electric damage, but if they hit a laser or building connected to a power pole, it deals damage to the power pole as well.
-Laser-bane spitter: giant spitter which can take electric things offline in an AoE for a short time with an EMP. A reason to have gun turrets and things that don't require power. rare but deadly against electric-reliant defenses like lasers.
-Jumping biter: biters that jump! over walls and defenses.

Those are all the ideas I have offhand. Not super creative, but I will probably think of more later.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Most of those ideas use logic that isn't currently in the game. It may be possible to do them with scripting, but I'm trying to avoid using scripting where possible.

The suicide biters or Siege spitters are doable though.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Scripts are not threaded and they eat most of the CPU time. Treefarmers will agree.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

bobingabout wrote:There is no plan to add an item collector, but I'll consider it.

I think I want to add an even higher level of biters and spitters too. With all the new warfare stuff I've been adding in the warfare mod, the new enemies are a bit too easy to kill now. And with a fully kitted out mk 5 power armour with mk 6 modules, you can pretty much just stand in the enemy base and let them chew on your shields while you take your time killing them.
Personally I am not a fan of item collectors, I rather like requiring conveyor belts. Although, if it is possible, adding a new logistics robot (named "Collection Robot"?) would be a fascinating add as they could pick up the loose items around the place (perhaps a whitelist that is player defined or so in a new collection roboport or something else) as they could die as they go out collecting instead of magically teleporting items from a distance.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

First off, I'm really having fun with this mod!

I'm playing only the default pink spheres (not the new colored ones, since I'm only playing with the Enemy module.) My game setting are to have a lot of bitters and I'm being flooded with the pink sphere drops. If I update the recipe to be 150 small = 1 big, do I need to somehow re-load the mod for it to take affect and if so, how?

Thanks.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

OvermindDL1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:There is no plan to add an item collector, but I'll consider it.

I think I want to add an even higher level of biters and spitters too. With all the new warfare stuff I've been adding in the warfare mod, the new enemies are a bit too easy to kill now. And with a fully kitted out mk 5 power armour with mk 6 modules, you can pretty much just stand in the enemy base and let them chew on your shields while you take your time killing them.
Personally I am not a fan of item collectors, I rather like requiring conveyor belts. Although, if it is possible, adding a new logistics robot (named "Collection Robot"?) would be a fascinating add as they could pick up the loose items around the place (perhaps a whitelist that is player defined or so in a new collection roboport or something else) as they could die as they go out collecting instead of magically teleporting items from a distance.
Did you no you can use the "Deconstruction planner" on the Alien artifacts ?

killwort
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by killwort »

Deconstructing bubblegum takes too much time and distracts construction drones from more important task not to mention putting them in danger. Maybe something like attack drones from weapons mod could be modded even more to collect that stuff and return to base periodically?

Return to “Bob's mods”