[1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Post by KiwiHawk »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:41 pm
Also, just to catch up, are you maintaining the mods in place of Bob?
Yes, that's right. Bob has mostly retired, just providing creative direction.

I'm also the dev for Sea Block, Circuit Processing, and Landfill Painting mods (all by Trainwreck). I contribute to Angel's mods and Helmod.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:27 pm
Yes, that's right. Bob has mostly retired, just providing creative direction.

I'm also the dev for Sea Block, Circuit Processing, and Landfill Painting mods (all by Trainwreck). I contribute to Angel's mods and Helmod.
Excellent! Good to know. I took over the Will O' the Wisps mod a couple years ago; providing very little updates for it; more or less keeping it up to date. Any plans come the expansion?

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Stop modding for a bit and play the expansion of course! I've no idea what it entails so no mod specific plans regarding it.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

By the way, I have a very important question. and you will combine it with Space Exploration or with Pyadon, which has a lot of mistakes

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Airat9000 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:18 am
By the way, I have a very important question. and you will combine it with Space Exploration or with Pyadon, which has a lot of mistakes
I don't understand what you're trying to ask sorry.

Buy me a coffee

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:54 am
Airat9000 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:18 am
I don't understand what you're trying to ask sorry.
not work SE! screen 2

and new mod postprocessing screen 1
Attachments
Скриншот 24-10-2022 191711.jpg
Скриншот 24-10-2022 191711.jpg (70.69 KiB) Viewed 3877 times
Скриншот 07-11-2022 090348.jpg
Скриншот 07-11-2022 090348.jpg (221.69 KiB) Viewed 3877 times

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vjbone »

I guess it's SE problem not bob's. As it says bob is not compatible with SE. Post your screenshot on mods.factorio.com in se page (or where bug tracker is)

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Airat9000 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:10 am
not work SE! screen 2
There is nothing I can do about this. The dev for SE has specifically listed those mods as incompatible. It doesn't matter if they work or not, SE has blocked them.

Airat9000 wrote:
Can you post a list of the mods you have enabled here please?

Buy me a coffee

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:07 pm
Airat9000 wrote:
not work SE! screen 2
There is nothing I can do about this. The dev for SE has specifically listed those mods as incompatible. It doesn't matter if they work or not, SE has blocked them.

Airat9000 wrote:
Can you post a list of the mods you have enabled here please?
yes understand you -

I found out that they have implemented some codes that do not allow the mod to work.
sorry..

I would like to know if you will set up Pyadons mods?
and now it doesn't work in new versions, configure it to work together. and it's a pity, everything worked and there are no new ones here. with your mod and its just an awesome game.

all you mod bobs (all)

Awrawra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Awrawra »

Hi all.

I'm back to play after a while and I'm having some issues. It's related with techologies. For example, I can't research Railway 2 or late techologies of that tree, even if I already researched all the prerequisites of it.

I'm playing heavy modded to be honest, and I already tried to disable the mods that rely on it (as shown in the screenshot) but to no avail. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Awrawra wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:49 pm
Hi all.

I'm back to play after a while and I'm having some issues. It's related with techologies. For example, I can't research Railway 2 or late techologies of that tree, even if I already researched all the prerequisites of it.

I'm playing heavy modded to be honest, and I already tried to disable the mods that rely on it (as shown in the screenshot) but to no avail. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
There'll be a prerequisite tech that has been marked as hidden. I can't tell which tech or which mod hid it just by screenshots.

Can you create a new game and check that Railway 2 has the same prerequisites as your current game. If it does, can you please save that new game and upload it for me please?

Buy me a coffee

Awrawra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Awrawra »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:17 am
There'll be a prerequisite tech that has been marked as hidden. I can't tell which tech or which mod hid it just by screenshots.

Can you create a new game and check that Railway 2 has the same prerequisites as your current game. If it does, can you please save that new game and upload it for me please?
Thank you for your reply. I've created some new games since I back to play, but every play through I have the same problem. At first it didn't matter, but now it started to bother me a little. Do you know a way that I can see all the tech to find this hidden tech?

As you asked, here is the link of my current game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xouysql9awmkd ... 6.zip?dl=0

If you have any problem getting it, I can try another place to host this file.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Awrawra wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:18 pm

Thank you for your reply. I've created some new games since I back to play, but every play through I have the same problem. At first it didn't matter, but now it started to bother me a little. Do you know a way that I can see all the tech to find this hidden tech?
Thanks for the save, I'll take a look.

If you press Ctrl+Shift+E , this should open the prototype browser. Searching for a technology here will list all it's prerequisites, hidden or not.

Buy me a coffee

Awrawra
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Awrawra »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:15 pm
Thanks for the save, I'll take a look.

If you press Ctrl+Shift+E , this should open the prototype browser. Searching for a technology here will list all it's prerequisites, hidden or not.
Thanks a lot for tell me this command. I think I'm on the way to understand the problem now. I did as you told, pressed Ctrl+Shift+E, looked for bobslogistics and then looked for Railway 2. I found it's prerequisites exactly as you said, and one of them is the tech Railway. The tech I researched before is Railway 1, and this tech marked as prerequisite is also marked as hidden, that's why I can't research Railway 2.

Problem found, now I need to know how to solve this :(

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

Radar visibility no longer works in map view. I recently updated to 1.1.80 and I don't think it was a problem right after the update.
I executed the following command, but the situation does not improve.

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.rechart()
I performed a vanilla save in the same execution environment and had no problems. On the other hand, when I ran this bob save in a different execution environment, there was still a problem with radar visibility.

save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Or7Ug ... share_link

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

Most recently I used the previously added spidertron for the first time. Is there any relation?

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Awrawra wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:49 pm
It appears to be a compatibility issue between Bob's Logistics mod and Pyanodons Industry. I've logged it here if you want to track progress. https://github.com/modded-factorio/bobsmods/issues/117

If you want a workaround, paste the following snippet into the console. You may have to do this twice.

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies["railway"].researched = true

Buy me a coffee

Raith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Raith »

Has anyone brought to attention the fact that gates and reinforced walls dont connect correctly? There's a piece of missing texture, happens with both reinforced and regular gates placed next to reinforced walls, see the image.
Attachments
factorio gate missing texture.png
factorio gate missing texture.png (692.8 KiB) Viewed 2141 times

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Raith wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:01 pm
Has anyone brought to attention the fact that gates and reinforced walls dont connect correctly? There's a piece of missing texture, happens with both reinforced and regular gates placed next to reinforced walls, see the image.
Fixed for the next version. Thanks!

Buy me a coffee

brainiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by brainiac »

I am at the very end of a game with most of Bobs and Angels mods active, and Artisanal reskins
Angels Industries is disabled

When my uranium reactor setup finally hit it's ceiling, I set up a new facility with deuterium reactors
Technically I don't really need to recycle the used up deuterium fuel cells, it looks like I will never run out of fusion catalysts
However, to make everything perfect I'd like to recycle the used up deuterium fuel cells anyway

I have spent quite some time to try and find any thread referring to this issue, but I've not found anyone mentioning that this recipe is missing or deactivated
Screenshot 2023-11-06 111905.png
Screenshot 2023-11-06 111905.png (120.76 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
My best guess is, that this inconsistency occurred because I started the game with Angels Industries enabled, which then has the Kovarex enrichment process disabled. To fix this, Angels Industries was disabled.

Because when I create an entirely new game, the issue seems to be resolved
Screenshot 2023-11-06 115420.png
Screenshot 2023-11-06 115420.png (62.21 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
This probably also means I cannot repair it in the existing game
So, rephrased, in my existing game the technology "Deuterium Fuel Reprocessing" does not occur in the tech tree and cannot be researched, so the recipe also is not active. This is not the case when I start an entirely new game with the same mods.

Edit : I tested this, and it seems to be the cause
So, starting an entirely new game with Angels Industries enabled, save the game, then disable Angels Industries - results in this technology being missing from the tech tree. So then the question is if this can be repaired in an existing game.

Return to “Bob's mods”