[1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

zantherlegacy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Post by zantherlegacy »

I know you can customise the inserter length but this seems like a haste instead of just using the vanilla long hand inserter

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

zantherlegacy wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:09 am
Not sure if I'm blind, but the logistics mod seem to remove long inserters?
is was excessively requested.

Let me explain. This only happens if you have the "Inserter overhaul" turned on.
The overhaul will remove the long handed inserter (Existing items are converted to the red Fast inserter, Entities actually remain long handed inserters as not to break migration), but will also add the entire line of the red fast inserters (also has filter), blue express inserters (these are renames and recolours of fast, filter, stack and stack filter inserters) and purple turbo inserter sets.
Both on and off will add Green Ultimate inserters, but they're named Turbo with the overhaul off.

As part of the removed long-handed inserter thing, the Logistics mod adds an option to make any inserter longhanded when placed (button at the top of the screen). Only that one features from the inserters mod is included in the Logistics mod.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

zantherlegacy wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:09 am
Not sure if I'm blind, but the logistics mod seem to remove long inserters?
It should replicate long-handed inserter functionality for all inserters, however, making the long-handed inserter redundant.

IraFunesta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by IraFunesta »

Is that normal that with the latest patch Transistors require Silver Wires?! It's Extremely different in terms of requirements and my megabase with tin just screwed up for the recipe change

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

IraFunesta wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Is that normal that with the latest patch Transistors require Silver Wires?! It's Extremely different in terms of requirements and my megabase with tin just screwed up for the recipe change
Transistors should cost tinned copper wire. Bob's mods doesn't even have silver wire.
So, if it costs that, it's not my mod doing it.
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

IraFunesta wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:30 pm
This is an Angel's mods change.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Electronics assembling machines can’t craft mech brains.

-G-
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by -G- »

The Steam powered assembling machine, in the help text that appears when you hover over it, I think it may have some values wrong. It shows 80kw when it should be 60kw. (I posted in the angel's mods but they told me that it has related with bobs assembers)
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (115.07 KiB) Viewed 6015 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

-G- wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:24 am
The Steam powered assembling machine, in the help text that appears when you hover over it, I think it may have some values wrong. It shows 80kw when it should be 60kw. (I posted in the angel's mods but they told me that it has related with bobs assembers)
I did change things at some point, so, I probably forgot to change the description.
I also have a Patreon.

grothesk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grothesk »

hello,

we're stuck in science and cannot trigger cobalt research.
We met all pre requirements but it's still locked and it blocks a lot of further research trees....
Did we miss sometinhg?
We are playing Angel/Bob/Yuoki latest versions
Attachments
Cobalt_research_2.JPG
Cobalt_research_2.JPG (70.51 KiB) Viewed 5970 times
Cobalt_research.JPG
Cobalt_research.JPG (62.49 KiB) Viewed 5970 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

grothesk wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:36 am
hello,

we're stuck in science and cannot trigger cobalt research.
We met all pre requirements but it's still locked and it blocks a lot of further research trees....
Did we miss sometinhg?
We are playing Angel/Bob/Yuoki latest versions
This is not a Bob's issue. It's either on Angel's or Yuoki. Or an incompatibility between the two. I can currently not reproduce this observation. Can you post this issue in the Angel's subforum, and maybe upload a savefile so we can sync to it and investigate?

fwbronaugh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fwbronaugh »

Follow-up to this discussion.

Bug: Thorium Fuel Cells / Thorium-Plutonium / Deuterium / Deuterium 2 Fuel Cells do not fit into Spidertrons / Heavy Spidertrons when the "Spidertron needs Fuel" setting in Bob's Warfare is set to ALL. Per Bob's statement in the above discussion, Spidertrons should accept nuclear fuel when this setting is enabled.

To reproduce:
1) Enable Bob's Metals/Plates, Bob's Warfare, Bob's Power, Bob's Revamp, and Bob's Library.
2) Start up a Sandbox game, with the following Mod Settings:
  • In Bob's Power, make sure "New Nuclear Generators" is turned ON.
  • In Bob's Revamp, make sure "Nuclear Power Overhaul" is turned ON.
  • In Bob's Warfare, make sure "Spidertron Needs Fuel" is set to ALL.
3) Turn on all techs and cheats.
4) Build a Spidertron, or a Heavy Spidertron.
5) Mouseover on the Spidertron's fuel box. Only Uranium Fuel Cells and Plutonium Fuel Cells will be listed as viable fuel; Deuterium Fuel Cells (either type) will not be listed despite being present in the game. Attempting to put a Deuterium Fuel Cell in the slot will not work.

If either of "New Nuclear Generators" or "Nuclear Power Overhaul" are turned OFF, the Spidertron will accept Deuterium Fuel Cells as a valid fuel source.

Speculation: I think Bob's Revamp specifically is what's causing the issue - starting at line 194 in data-update.lua of Bob's Revamp, there are two sections that looks like it changes both Thorium and Deuterium's fuel category; I think to make sure only Thorium-based fuels go in Thorium reactors, and to make sure only Deuterium-based fuels go in Deuterium reactors? I think the effect on the Spidertron is an unintended side-effect of this section - but I could be wrong; I'm no programmer.

DavidHu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DavidHu »

Hi,
is this here a bug?

The Electrolyser is as fast as the Electrolyser 2!
Electrolyser
Electrolyser
Screenshot (311).png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 5716 times
Electrolyser 2
Electrolyser 2
Screenshot (309).png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 5716 times
Thanks!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

fwbronaugh wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:40 pm
Follow-up to this discussion.

Bug: Thorium Fuel Cells / Thorium-Plutonium / Deuterium / Deuterium 2 Fuel Cells do not fit into Spidertrons / Heavy Spidertrons when the "Spidertron needs Fuel" setting in Bob's Warfare is set to ALL. Per Bob's statement in the above discussion, Spidertrons should accept nuclear fuel when this setting is enabled.

To reproduce:
1) Enable Bob's Metals/Plates, Bob's Warfare, Bob's Power, Bob's Revamp, and Bob's Library.
2) Start up a Sandbox game, with the following Mod Settings:
  • In Bob's Power, make sure "New Nuclear Generators" is turned ON.
  • In Bob's Revamp, make sure "Nuclear Power Overhaul" is turned ON.
  • In Bob's Warfare, make sure "Spidertron Needs Fuel" is set to ALL.
3) Turn on all techs and cheats.
4) Build a Spidertron, or a Heavy Spidertron.
5) Mouseover on the Spidertron's fuel box. Only Uranium Fuel Cells and Plutonium Fuel Cells will be listed as viable fuel; Deuterium Fuel Cells (either type) will not be listed despite being present in the game. Attempting to put a Deuterium Fuel Cell in the slot will not work.

If either of "New Nuclear Generators" or "Nuclear Power Overhaul" are turned OFF, the Spidertron will accept Deuterium Fuel Cells as a valid fuel source.

Speculation: I think Bob's Revamp specifically is what's causing the issue - starting at line 194 in data-update.lua of Bob's Revamp, there are two sections that looks like it changes both Thorium and Deuterium's fuel category; I think to make sure only Thorium-based fuels go in Thorium reactors, and to make sure only Deuterium-based fuels go in Deuterium reactors? I think the effect on the Spidertron is an unintended side-effect of this section - but I could be wrong; I'm no programmer.
Yeah, part of the nuclear overhaul in bobrevamp changes the fuel category of Thorium and Deuterium based fuels to something other than what is set on the spidertron. It's not a "Bug", possibly more of an oversight.
I think it is possible to use a different set of tags to allow it. I'll look into it.
DavidHu wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:24 pm
Hi,
is this here a bug?

The Electrolyser is as fast as the Electrolyser 2!
Screenshot (311).png
Screenshot (309).png
Thanks!
I think that's just telling you the recipe crafting time. The Electrolyser has a crafting speed of 0.75, and the 2 has a crafting speed of 1.25. So the 1 actually takes 1 and a third seconds to craft the water electrolysis recipe, and the 2 takes 0.8 seconds to craft it.
I also have a Patreon.

aikainnet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aikainnet »

Cannot seem to add Pure Productivity to Basic Alien Science packs yet can add to all the other alien sciences.
Attachments
bobs.png
bobs.png (3.18 MiB) Viewed 5479 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aikainnet wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:05 am
Cannot seem to add Pure Productivity to Basic Alien Science packs yet can add to all the other alien sciences.
I'll look into it.
I also have a Patreon.

MrVSV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrVSV »

no visual effect (mushroom) from an atomic artillery shell

Qatavin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qatavin »

With the latest update to the main game, something hidden popped up from Bob's Personal Equipment mod. "equipment-name.combat-robot-dispenser-equipment". The Discharge Defense now gets a damage bonus from Energy Weapon Damage, and since this unfinished item has the same bonus category, it's showing up on the tech now, and in the bonus screen. It looks like an interesting concept.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Qatavin wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:49 pm
With the latest update to the main game, something hidden popped up from Bob's Personal Equipment mod. "equipment-name.combat-robot-dispenser-equipment". The Discharge Defense now gets a damage bonus from Energy Weapon Damage, and since this unfinished item has the same bonus category, it's showing up on the tech now, and in the bonus screen. It looks like an interesting concept.
The problem with it is that it only costs Energy, which is why I never made a Recipe for it.
If you want to try it, you can use the command console to spawn it.
I also have a Patreon.

Qatavin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Qatavin »

When I tried it, I thought the idea had some potential, though perhaps it was redundant with Slowdown Capsules. Like, you'd want to drop a Distractor behind you to help get away from a swarm of attackers, but Slowdown Capsules already do that. Was the idea to have the Dispenser deploy combat robots out of your inventory like a Roboport does? I can see why implementing that might have been a lot of work for not much reward. But it did give me some ideas.

Unrelated to that, I've noticed some typos and outdated text that I'd like to point out.

The description of Chemical Processing techs says "Research into to use and production of chemicals." Should probably be "into the use".

The description of the "Productivity limitations" setting in your Modules mod says "effect" when it should be "affect".

The description of the "Cheaper Steel" setting in MCI "If enabled, Steel will cost 2 iron plates in stead of 5". It only costs 1 iron plate now. Also, that should be "instead".

The items "exoskeleton equipment MK2" and MK3 don't have their first words capitalized.

At some point the horizontal_window_bounding_box and vertical_window_bounding_box on pipes changed in the base game. I don't think I've noticed anything wrong with the horizontal windows (the change is just a single pixel), but the vertical ones definitely look a little off in the top right corner. The new bounds are:
horizontal_window_bounding_box = {{-0.25, -0.28125},{0.25, 0.15625}},
vertical_window_bounding_box = {{-0.28125, -0.5},{0.03125, 0.125}},

Return to β€œBob's mods”