[1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Post by bobingabout »

Version 1.1 of bob's mods are out!

As usual, post any issues here.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1] bugs and balance issues.

Post by valneq »

I believe this has been the case for a long time, but please adopt the vanilla renaming of Effectivity modules into Efficiency modules. Then, technology and item would have the same name, rather than what it is now in 1.1.1:
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-11-28 01-41-51.png
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-11-28 01-41-51.png (2.13 MiB) Viewed 10706 times

BohemianCorporal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BohemianCorporal »

Well I don't know if this is the place to ask for help, but I have a little problem. I'm playing a full Bob gameplay on Marathon and 4x Cost. The thing is that the Greenhouse doesn't work as I think it should. The recipe for seeding is 1 Wood -> 1 Seeding and 10 Seeding -> 1 Wood. So instead of obtaining more wood I'm getting less.

Is this intended or is it a bug?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

BohemianCorporal wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:25 pm
Well I don't know if this is the place to ask for help, but I have a little problem. I'm playing a full Bob gameplay on Marathon and 4x Cost. The thing is that the Greenhouse doesn't work as I think it should. The recipe for seeding is 1 Wood -> 1 Seeding and 10 Seeding -> 1 Wood. So instead of obtaining more wood I'm getting less.
With Bob's mods alone, the recipes are:
1 wood β†’ 5 seedling
20 water + 10 seedling β†’ 15 wood
20 water + 10 seedling + 5 fertilizer β†’ 30 wood

What you see is the result of "Bigger Stacks Plus++" messing with the recipes. I reported this to the other mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BiggerSta ... a6451dd40e

BohemianCorporal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BohemianCorporal »

valneq wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:21 pm
BohemianCorporal wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:25 pm
With Bob's mods alone, the recipes are:
1 wood β†’ 5 seedling
20 water + 10 seedling β†’ 15 wood
20 water + 10 seedling + 5 fertilizer β†’ 30 wood

What you see is the result of "Bigger Stacks Plus++" messing with the recipes. I reported this to the other mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BiggerSta ... a6451dd40e
Wow, i thought it was a Bob's bug but I was wrong. Thank you very much for reporting this, I was about to delete my save and start over.

SevenMass
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SevenMass »

I think I found a small oversight.

I've tried playing with research cost multiplier, set it to 4X. I found that while all tech now cost 4X their normal amount of beakers, the "Automation" tech is still 10 beakers.

I suppose this is a deliberate feature, since it is the only tech you need to handcraft. And I agree with this feature. I do prefer that the first automation tech is indeed exempt from the cost multiplier.

However, when playing with bob's mods burner steam phase turned on. "Automation" is no longer the first tech, instead , "Basic Automation" is.

And I found that "Basic Automation" is effected by the 4X multiplication, but "Automation" is still 10 beakers.

This kind of defeats the point of this feature. I suggest switching this around when the burner and steam phase used.
Power to the MAS.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SevenMass wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:51 pm
I think I found a small oversight.

I've tried playing with research cost multiplier, set it to 4X. I found that while all tech now cost 4X their normal amount of beakers, the "Automation" tech is still 10 beakers.

I suppose this is a deliberate feature, since it is the only tech you need to handcraft. And I agree with this feature. I do prefer that the first automation tech is indeed exempt from the cost multiplier.

However, when playing with bob's mods burner steam phase turned on. "Automation" is no longer the first tech, instead , "Basic Automation" is.

And I found that "Basic Automation" is effected by the 4X multiplication, but "Automation" is still 10 beakers.

This kind of defeats the point of this feature. I suggest switching this around when the burner and steam phase used.
I was unaware that was even a thing. I'll look into it.
I also have a Patreon.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Copper tungsten and tungsten carbide are both made from powdered tungsten instead of tungsten plates, so it seems really strange that blue alien alloy uses plates.
Last edited by Mecejide on Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mecejide wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:43 pm
Tungsten, copper tungsten, and tungsten carbide are all made from powdered tungsten instead of tungsten plates, so it seems really strange that blue alien alloy uses plates.
I guess that's a point.
I also have a Patreon.

Black_Noise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Black_Noise »

Adjustable inserters don't seem to flip correctly, neither picup/dropoff orientation nor near-inserters:

Note that fixed-orientation items (e.g because of pipe inputs) give a "this blueprint cannot be flipped" message.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Black_Noise wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:13 pm
Adjustable inserters don't seem to flip correctly, neither picup/dropoff orientation nor near-inserters:

Note that fixed-orientation items (e.g because of pipe inputs) give a "this blueprint cannot be flipped" message.
I'd say this should be a base game bug to be honest.

Blueprint flipping is a brand new feature, it makes sense that the developers might forget a few things here and there.
when you set a custom vector(Pickup and drop locations) to an inserter in runtime, that custom vector is saved as part of the blueprint.
When you place that blueprint, my mod does nothing, the entire thing is controlled by the game engines blueprinting system.
Therefore, the game engine needs to be able to handle flipping custom vectors to match the new blueprint orientation.
I also have a Patreon.

Black_Noise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Black_Noise »

Thanks, I'll try opening a bug report there then.

EDIT: thanks to the devs the issue appears to be fixed for 1.1.7

Zylax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zylax »

Hello, I'm having an issue with Bob's Mining on the new version. I have a Bob+Angel's world that I've been playing for about 20 hours now, but the last time I started it up, it said that all techs for higher tiers of drills were removed from the game, and all of my Electric Mining Drill 2's got removed from my map. The steel axe techs from Bob's Mining are still present, only the higher drill tiers are gone. Is there anything I can do to get them back?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Zylax wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:40 pm
Hello, I'm having an issue with Bob's Mining on the new version. I have a Bob+Angel's world that I've been playing for about 20 hours now, but the last time I started it up, it said that all techs for higher tiers of drills were removed from the game, and all of my Electric Mining Drill 2's got removed from my map. The steel axe techs from Bob's Mining are still present, only the higher drill tiers are gone. Is there anything I can do to get them back?
Not sure. Check mod settings (from main game menu. settings -> mod settings), check in startup options, to make sure that the drills are turned on.
if they are turned on... or the setting is missing, ask angel, he over-rides some of my things.
I also have a Patreon.

quinoje
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by quinoje »

Steam just "force" updated me from 1.0 to 1.1.19. Getting the following mod incompatibilities message:

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "pump" (pump): next_upgrade target (bob-pump-2) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (pipe != pump).
Mods to be disabled:
β€’ 5dim_transport (1.1.2)
β€’ boblogistics (1.1.2)

Is this a known issue or can someone suggest a solution? Disabling these 2 mods somehow also shrinks my inventory capacity considerably.
Error loading mods dialog
Error loading mods dialog
2021-01-27_15-47-58.jpg (49.5 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
Attachments
mod-list.json
My mods
(4.41 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

quinoje wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:25 pm
Steam just "force" updated me from 1.0 to 1.1.19. Getting the following mod incompatibilities message:

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "pump" (pump): next_upgrade target (bob-pump-2) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (pipe != pump).
Mods to be disabled:
β€’ 5dim_transport (1.1.2)
β€’ boblogistics (1.1.2)

Is this a known issue or can someone suggest a solution? Disabling these 2 mods somehow also shrinks my inventory capacity considerably.2021-01-27_15-47-58.jpg
Yeah... In base (vanilla), pumps have the fast replace group "pipe", as do storage tanks. Because of this, I use that group for those.
I also set "next_upgrade" to allow the upgrade planner to upgrade items, like pumps.
Some mods like 5dim change the group, which breaks my mod.

The short answer is that these two mods are not compatible. I don't know why simply updating the game (and mods) would break things though, unless it's something 5dim only recently started doing.
I also have a Patreon.

quinoje
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by quinoje »

Hard to tell who's mod changed last, but not sure how else to run. Tried going back to factorio 1.0 and that caused a slew of new issues because I've upgraded all my mods and most of them are incompatible with 1.0. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do to either go backwards or make things compatible? I've also posted a bug report on 5dim's github but I'm thinking something changed in 1.1.19 that is specifically rejecting an incompatibility that was allowed before.

gmeforever
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gmeforever »

Hi Bob, love the mods. I recently upgraded a save from 1.0 to 1.1, and was wondering if it's normal to not be able to see the pure water recipe in the crafting tab. From what I remember from my last game in 0.17, the pure water recipes should be right next to the electrolysis recipes, but I can't find them at all.

FNEI shows me the pure water recipe, and if I hook up a distillery to water, it automatically produces pure water, but the recipe doesn't exist for rate calculation purposes.

Any idea what is going on? I have attached some debugging images.
Attachments
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (3.84 MiB) Viewed 9548 times
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 9548 times
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 9548 times
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (2.56 MiB) Viewed 9548 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

gmeforever wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:14 am
Hi Bob, love the mods. I recently upgraded a save from 1.0 to 1.1, and was wondering if it's normal to not be able to see the pure water recipe in the crafting tab. From what I remember from my last game in 0.17, the pure water recipes should be right next to the electrolysis recipes, but I can't find them at all.

FNEI shows me the pure water recipe, and if I hook up a distillery to water, it automatically produces pure water, but the recipe doesn't exist for rate calculation purposes.

Any idea what is going on? I have attached some debugging images.
I'm actually not sure why they're not showing up.
I looked, and you're right, they're not there.
I looked at the code, and they're not set to be hidden, so they really should be showing up, but they're not.
hmmm.
I also have a Patreon.

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

I just played through my first Bob's, with the only Angel's mod being the infinite resources. Excellent, as I'm sure you've heard many times.

I found that I was piling up massive amounts of some of the gems and not enough of the others via the infinite gems. I was thinking that an interesting way to deal with giant piles of rubies other than shooting them would be to grind them into silicon powder. In fact, all of the gems could have some equivalent endpoint: diamonds -> carbon, for example, or topaz -> 50/50 aluminium and silicon, etc. Alternatively, some very expensive alien artifacts could be made from excess gems, giving that an infinite source without farming the aliens.

Is this something you might add as way of balancing the excess waste products? If not, I'll consider making a small mod of my own which adds it as an option.

Return to β€œBob's mods”