Logistics Network Interface

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Boroho
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logistics Network Interface

Post by Boroho »

Hi!
After 200h of Factorio vanilla i tried the Bob's Mod, is unbelivable, is like to restart again the game, love it!

As other people iàm now encountering the problem of the alien artifact on the floor...
I saw the Logistic Network Interface have this description:
Set signals to give inactive robot special job in the network. Setting raw wood etc etc. See documentation for example (where is this documentation?)

Beacuse there is also the possibility to set one signal: Mark items on the ground, so the robot will take care of them, it will be super usefull with the alien artifacts!
But unfortunately i cannot use it proprerly, not sure if i'm doing something wrong or not (I'm not the best with the circuits...)
And online there is no information about that, I tried with the comparator, the logistic zone interface, the roboport, but seems the output is not working and none is begin marked in the ground.

Any suggestion for that? Last day i forgot the Pc opened for 1h and was INVADED by TONS of artifact (which i want to keep, just to collect them automatically)

Thanks a lot!!
Last edited by Boroho on Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Logisti Network Interface

Post by bobingabout »

Boroho wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:08 pm
Set signals to give inactive robot special job in the network. Setting raw wood etc etc. See documentation for example (where is this documentation?)
I'm not sure what this message is about to be honest, it's not something I've written.

Anyway, what is the Logistics Zone Interface?
Basically, The Roboport is an "All in one" entity, it handles:
  • Robot and Tool storage.
  • Robot charging
  • Logistic and construction zone
  • Logistic zone to wire interfacing
As such, Bob's logistics adds a specific entity that each performs one of those jobs.
  • Robochest (which also has 1 charging point in it, because the game engine FORCES robots to charge at any roboport they're trying to dock with, this was unavoidable)
  • Robot charging pads
  • Logistic zone extender.
  • Logistic zone interface
So, asking that question again, what is the Logistic Zone Interface?

It lets you connect a wire to the wireless network. That's pretty much it, that's all it does.

If you want to clear alien artifacts, the best way to do this is to grab a deconstruction planner, place it in your inventory, right click on it to open edit mode, then set the filter to "items" or "Items on floor" or whatever the option actually is, then grab it and just drag it over the area, it'll ignore everything that isn't an item (Artifacts are items!), and order a construction robot to come and pick it up.
Just make sure that the artifacts are inside a construction zone (the larger orange field around a roboport or logistic zone extender) or inside your personal roboport area, and robots will gather the artifacts for you.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:03 am
Just make sure that the artifacts are inside a construction zone (the larger orange field around a roboport or logistic zone extender) or inside your personal roboport area, and robots will gather the artifacts for you.
Tiny correction: Construction zone is green and large. Logistic zone is smaller and orange.
But as bobingabout wrote: the artifacts need to be in the larger, the construction zone.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

valneq wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:22 am
Tiny correction: Construction zone is green and large. Logistic zone is smaller and orange.
But as bobingabout wrote: the artifacts need to be in the larger, the construction zone.
I derped, you're right.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Boroho
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Boroho »

Alright!
Thanks for the clarification! It was less complicated than expected!

Ps. I found a problem with another mod which exchanged the description of some items, for that the description was mixed ...

Return to “Bob's mods”