Basic circuits, wood? or paper?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

YamatoPower9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Basic circuits, wood? or paper?

Post by YamatoPower9000 »

So I have a bunch of mods like angel's/AAI/More angel's/MadClown... so many of them... and I never even got to 3rd science.
My question is... on certain mods I had Basic Circuits made out of paper and something I don't remember, maybe cardboard... I've changed something and now they are made from Wood and Stone tablet and it buggers my mind. Any idea how to find out which mod changes that?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Basic circuits, wood? or paper?

Post by valneq »

If I recall correctly, Angel's Bioprocessing provides the
cellulose → paper → basic circuit board
pathway, while AAI Industries does something with stone into basic circuit board.

Normally, you should see which mods mess around with your recipes in the tooltip, as there is an Interface setting for that which is "on" by default. This should tell you which mods change the recipe and in which order.

Once you start a map with a set of mods, it is usually not a good idea to change the mod pack half way through.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Stone tablet comes from AAI Industries or maybe Spacexploration which include parts of AAI Industries from older map and cellulose => paper => basic circuit board i can confirm comes from one of Angel's mod from actual map but i don't know which one.

YamatoPower9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ok thank.
Even thou I remember using AAI when I made them out of paper. Check for confirmation.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

i can't tell i don't remember playing the full AAI combo with Angel's. But the only time i had stone tablet was using some part of AAI that are included in Spacexploration, it was something added to the receipe of the green circuit from vanilla i think.

Angel's circuit that uses paper are somewhat a lower tier than green circuit. You need paper for the circuit board, but you need to add some components made of copper and cellulose to make a full circuit usable in other things.

you could try with only Angel's and AAI, and then only 1 or the other, maybe there's a conflict on a receipe that is changed by 2 mods, and the changes you did in the modpack made it visible.

YamatoPower9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can I prioritize Angel's somehow?

YamatoPower9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Turned Off AAI and now Basic circuit board is made of Wooden board -> wood which... not as fun as paper and another stuff.
BCB has a red color which I suppose alternate textures - ShinyBobGFX...
As I switching off mods it gets progressively worse. Without ShinyBobGFX and AAI BSB now looks like yellow sandpaper.
I'll play around more.

Return to “Bob's mods”