Bobs mods: Stuck at game start

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Hiekie
Inserter
Inserter

Bobs mods: Stuck at game start

Post by Hiekie »

After having a lot of fun with another mod I decided to go a step up with bobs mods
(Only bobs mods game) I disabled all other components and enabled everything of bobs.

I left all the mod settings default..
One of the very first buildings I need (greenhouse) is requesting glass..
In the default mod settings al "extra ores" are disabled in the default setup. How do I get glass? (green house asks for glass, glass asks for Galena (lead ore) <disabled if u run bobs in default settings)
Is there another way to get glass or do I have to reconfigure the settings and restart the map ? (only played for 20-30 minutes thus far, not that bad..)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bobs mods: Stuck at game start

Post by bobingabout »

Hiekie wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:03 pm
After having a lot of fun with another mod I decided to go a step up with bobs mods
(Only bobs mods game) I disabled all other components and enabled everything of bobs.

I left all the mod settings default..
One of the very first buildings I need (greenhouse) is requesting glass..
In the default mod settings al "extra ores" are disabled in the default setup. How do I get glass? (green house asks for glass, glass asks for Galena (lead ore) <disabled if u run bobs in default settings)
Is there another way to get glass or do I have to reconfigure the settings and restart the map ? (only played for 20-30 minutes thus far, not that bad..)
To have anything ask for Glass, it means you have bobplates (Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates) installed.
There's an option in bobplates (on by default) to override Ores mod settings, which means all ores except Cobalt and Sulfur will be turned on.
This means, if you left everything as default, you should have Quartz, Galena and Tin ores in your starting area. Quartz gives both Glass and Silicon, Galena is Lead and Tin is Tin (obviously)
Cobalt on the other hand is still required, but the ore isn't turned on... why? There's a recipe called Advanced copper processing that gives Cobalt Oxide as a byproduct. You don't actually need specifically "Cobalt ore" for anything, it's first processing stage is to turn it into Cobalt Oxide, which is used to make Cobalt plates(Which themselves aren't used in anything directly, Cobalt Steel is, which is an alloy of Cobalt and Iron) and Lithium batteries.

In short, if you left all options at default... you should have Quartz in your starting area, and be able to smelt it into Glass.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Hiekie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hiekie »

All bobs mods are enabled.. I don't have the mod bobs plates.. it looks like it's integrated into Bobs metals, Chemicals and intermediates mod.
All settings there I left default..
In the default setting for the mod is the option Ore enable override switched off.
I used the mod " simple packs - Bobs mods to download and update all bobs modules.
So this is looking like a bug that that option is switched off by default?
I currently run Factorio 18.22

Mod I played before was Krastorio 2. It's mod is switched off and the game is restarted before starting the bobs mods game.
I had no patches of other ores in my game . Only stone, coal , and iron are in my starting area.
Other mods I have enabled are Angels Addons - crawler train (I switched it on accidentally in a previous game, I actually like this train so I enabled it again and the disco science mod

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Hiekie wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:34 pm
All bobs mods are enabled.. I don't have the mod bobs plates.. it looks like it's integrated into Bobs metals, Chemicals and intermediates mod.
All settings there I left default..
In the default setting for the mod is the option Ore enable override switched off.
I used the mod " simple packs - Bobs mods to download and update all bobs modules.
So this is looking like a bug that that option is switched off by default?
I currently run Factorio 18.22

Mod I played before was Krastorio 2. It's mod is switched off and the game is restarted before starting the bobs mods game.
I had no patches of other ores in my game . Only stone, coal , and iron are in my starting area.
Other mods I have enabled are Angels Addons - crawler train (I switched it on accidentally in a previous game, I actually like this train so I enabled it again and the disco science mod
Checking...

Code: Select all

{
    type = "bool-setting",
    name = "bobmods-plates-oreoverride",
    setting_type = "startup",
    default_value = true,
  },
Definitely turned on by default.

However... Angels mods do force settings within my own mods... if it was turned off, it is possible that an angel's mod is doing it when it shouldn't be.
Bob's mods should be fully compatible with Disco science.

You NEED the ores, and the options should be turned on. You can change them (from the main menu, will require a restart, but the settings will persist when you load your game) and continue playing the game if you then enter a command.

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate")
though, the game sees this like cheating and disables achievements, so if you want them in your game, you'd need to start over.
I also have a Patreon.

Hiekie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hiekie »

I did restart the game and turned the option override on.
In the new game settings I now get a LOT of ores to configure it's size / richness etc..
This is the behavior it should have?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Hiekie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:04 am
I did restart the game and turned the option override on.
In the new game settings I now get a LOT of ores to configure it's size / richness etc..
This is the behavior it should have?
Yes

In base game you have 8 resources total.
Wood, Water, Iron, Copper, Coal, Stone, Oil and Uranium.

Bobs mods adds another 14, plus 2 resource nodes.
Tin, Lead, Quartz, Nickel, Zinc, Silver, Gold, Bauxite, "Gems", Cobalt, Thorium, Rutile, Tungsten and Lithia water... Gems is actually 6 different ones, unless you have sortable gems turned on.
Also nodes added for Sulfur (Which is a base game intermediate) and Ground water (which is Pure water with default settings, which is an intermediate, because you make it from water)
Cobalt and Silver are also intermediates from some recipes.

Anyway... Base game concept is: "Make something better by using more of the same resources"
my concept is: "Make something better by using more different resources"
Though, I do kinda cheat at the end there with Nitinol and Tungsten alloys, because those are Alloys, made from multiple existing resources rather than all new ones. Oh, and yes, there's even more intermediate metal alloys in the list too, like bronze, brass and invar.
I also have a Patreon.

Hiekie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hiekie »

Thanx for the assistance!
Wish me good luck ;)
(playing a bobs mods only game , adding angels will be the step after I complete the bobs game.. )

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Hiekie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:12 pm
Thanx for the assistance!
Wish me good luck ;)
(playing a bobs mods only game , adding angels will be the step after I complete the bobs game.. )
it has been a long time since I've played my own mods beginning to end.

I tend to start over and not get very far (Because I go and do something else) or just test things out in my 6 year old game.

Good luck!
I also have a Patreon.

Hiekie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hiekie »

I gave up playing bobs.. it's far to overwhelming for me and can't get a clue to start up production.. Respect to the players who finish the game with this mods enabled..
Before bobs I played Krastorio 2, it gave me about 30 new buildings and about 60 items to produce..
I actually was looking for mods which " slighty" change the way of play of vanilla.
But, the mods do look great and for the hardcore players it will be a worthfull addon ..!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Hiekie wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:00 pm
I gave up playing bobs.. it's far to overwhelming for me and can't get a clue to start up production.. Respect to the players who finish the game with this mods enabled..
Before bobs I played Krastorio 2, it gave me about 30 new buildings and about 60 items to produce..
I actually was looking for mods which " slighty" change the way of play of vanilla.
But, the mods do look great and for the hardcore players it will be a worthfull addon ..!
Yeah, Full bobs can be a bit overwhelming...
Suggestion, Try it without the Electronics mod. and things will be a whole lot easier.

you could also drop Revamp and Plates (and if you drop plates, might as well drop Ores) and it'll be a whole lot easier, though without these two, that's pretty much eliminating all the new production chains.
I also have a Patreon.

Teodor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Teodor »

Bob, please read and help me because only you can!
I'm into 500+ hours of gameplay and I researched every recipe possible up until it requires chemical science pack (blue vial), and I can make a lot of materials and alloys but to produce chemical science pack in any case I need processed Cobalt which is impossible to make unless you have it unlocked, which yet again requires processed cobalt to unlock recipe to process cobalt :) :? I have many Bob's mods, maybe even all of them, and I also have Angel's smelting and other Angel's mods combined with yours. So do you have any clue on how to break the ice and start producing those chemical science packs because in the previous gameplay, which got deleted somehow last year, I even made it all the way to nitinol and tungsten processing which is beyond cobalt.
Thank you in advance!

Return to “Bob's mods”