Help me out with missing/wrong Prerequisites

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Help me out with missing/wrong Prerequisites

Post by Mecejide »

The missing prerequisites for the technologies that use the logistic science pack and utility science pack:
Advanced Logistic and Construction Robotics 3-Tungsten Alloy Processing
Advanced Logistic and Construction Robotics 3-Nitinol Processing
Modular Roboports 4-Utility Science Pack
Robotics 4-Utility Science Pack
Logistic System 3-Utility Science Pack
Logistic System 3-Advanced Electronics 3
Logistics 5-Utility Science Pack
Inserter Capacity Bonus 4-Utility Science Pack
Worker Robot Cargo Size 3-Utility Science Pack
Character Logistic Trash Slots 5-Utility Science Pack
Worker Robot Speed 5-Utility Science Pack
Stack Inserter Capacity Bonus 7-Utility Utility Science Pack

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

The missing prerequisites for the technologies that use the production science pack and utility science pack:
Deuterium Fuel Reprocessing-Deuterium Nuclear Power
Effect Transmission 3-Utility Science Pack
Vehicle Solar Panel Equipment 5-Utility Science Pack
Distillery 5-Utility Science Pack
Vehicle Fusion Cell Equipment 3-Utility Science Pack
Steel Axe 6-Utility Science Pack
Vehicle Fusion Reactor Equipment 3-Utility Science Pack
Hydrazine Generator-Utility Science Pack
Deuterium Processing-Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing
Lab Research Speed 6-Utility Science Pack
Mining Productivity 3-Utility Science Pack
That's all of them.

Tarymar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tarymar »

Hello! been trying ur mods recently and I love it!! but I have a problem with my battery research... I cant start the research even if I have met all the presequisite... even FNEI cant find the item

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Tarymar wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:07 am
Hello! been trying ur mods recently and I love it!! but I have a problem with my battery research... I cant start the research even if I have met all the presequisite... even FNEI cant find the item
It's not something I get when running all of my mods.
However, I have heard of other people getting issues like this when they use a large array of mods together. I'd need more information about what mods and settings you're using before I can look into it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mecejide wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:02 am
Rocketry-Tungsten Processing
I am slowly working through these.
Some of them are interesting.

Again, here, I don't want to add Tungsten Processing to Rocketry, because it's used by Rocket engine, 1 component that isn't actually useful YET.
Looking at WHY it is there, it appears it was intended to be part of the rocket silo's "Rocket part" construction, but never included, and its first use is on Rockets, one of my technologies.

So, 2 possible fixes:
1. Move the unlock to Rockets, and put the tungsten processing prerequisite on there.
2. Include the rocket engine in the rocket silo's rocket part recipe as originally intended, adding rocketry as a prerequisite for the rocket silo, but also put the tungsten processing prerequisite on the Rocket technology, as not to block access to the rocket launcher. (Tech level difference)

I'm going for Option 2. it doesn't make all that much sense because you have access to a recipe you can't craft yet, but its also useless until later. the alternative would be to move the rocket engine to rockets research, but also into rocket silo research. I'd rather have rocketry as a common point.
it's complicated.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's also revealing a few things that could be done better. like... Tanks 2 and 3 unlocking a bunch of artillery ammo.

I think it would be better to nerf the requirements of artillery a little, and have tanks 2 require artillery as a prerequisite, this means that when you unlock the tank with an artillery weapon, you'll have artillery ammo already.
Then move the artillery ammos off tanks technologies, and give them their own, with prerequisites of artillery, and any additions like the alien sciences.
Same with scatter cannon shells, give it it's own technology that has tanks (1) and shotgun shells as prerequisites.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mecejide wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:54 pm
Physical Projectile Damage 6-Utility Science Pack
Weapon Shooting Speed 6-Utility Science Pack
Congratulations, you found holes in the base game.

I made a bug report: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82231&p=484193#p484193

Many of the base game's "upgrade" technologies lack the prerequisites, so, until they fix it, I'll leave them off too.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Recently, we started looking into making the tech tree of Angel's mods more coherent and also more consistent with Bob's mods. (It's about time!)

In this process, someone posted a long list of technologies (viewtopic.php?f=185&t=90826) that lack one or two science packs for the research process. Especially science packs that previous technologies require. Most of the technologies in that list are from Bob's mods and I was able to confirm most of the findings. Only Resin 3 is an Angel's technology. The rest is either Bob's or Vanilla.

While some of the different science pack requirements are reasonable (require military instead of chemical or logistic instead of production), some of them are definitely not: All the different tiers of repair packs require only transport and automation science, although they depend on much more complicated technologies. Feel free to take a look at the list and modify the technology requirements of your techs if you agree with the idea that a technology – in general – should require all the science packs that its dependencies required. Unless there are good reasons not to.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

In preparation for looking through the tech tree of Angel's + Bob's, I started looking at the tech tree of Bob's mods alone.

Setup: All the mods by bobingabout. All settings default, except Burner power phase is active.
Save to sync setup:
BobsTechtree.zip
(4.3 MiB) Downloaded 143 times

The Issues, Part 1: Steam Science, Automation Science, Transport Science

Technology "lab" is the only technology that requires both steam science and automation science. All other early game technologies require either one or the other. What is the rationale behind making "lab" special in that regard? In order to make all the other automation science technologies researchable after replacing every single burner lab with an electric one?
Why not make "lab" a pure "automation science" technology, too, and just drop the requirement on steam science packs?

Technology "inserter-stack-size-bonus-1" is the first in a long line. It does not have "logistic-science-pack" as a prerequisite while requiring that pack for research. In vanilla, the first tier always accounts for requirements correctly, only at tier 2 do they ignore additional science pack requirements in the dependence definitions.

Technology chain for "toolbelt" behaves differently: Every single one of the toolbelt technologies depends explicitly on the science pack it requires. This is not consistent with the way vanilla deals with pure bonus technology chains. In vanilla, ony the first technology in a chain (in this case "toolbelt") should depend on its science pack. All subsequent toolbelt technologies should only depend on their predecessor, while still requiring increasing tiers of science packs to perform the actual research. This simplifies the tech tree and reduces it to the meaningful dependencies. According to Wube, they expect their players to be smart enough to understand that you need to unlock the science pack before you can get the bonusses. This is reasonable. I recommend doing the same in Bob's mods for technology chains that only give increasing bonuses without unlocking any recipe.

Technology "bob-distillery-2" has no dependence on "steel-processing" although its only recipe requires steel. When introducing "steel-processing" as a prerequisite, you can drop the explicit dependence on "electrolysis-1".

Technology "vehicle-solar-panel-equipment-2" lacks a dependency on "advanced-electronics".

Technology "vehicle-belt-immunity-equipment" lacks a dependency on "advanced-electronics".

Technology "fluid-handling" is a weird case. It unlocks somewhat unrelated things: storage-tanks, pumps, and a lot of barreling recipes.
However, this is largely inconsistent in its current form. I suggest splitting it into three separate technologies.
  1. "fluid-handling" would unlock the storage tanks, pump, and valves. This tech would remain at this position in the tech tree.
  2. "fluid-barrel-processing" would unlock the "empty-barrel", as well as all regular fluid barreling recipes. Its prerequisites would be "water-bore-1", "steel-processing", and "automation-science-pack". It would thus be a sister technology to the currently existing "gas-canisters".
  3. "fluid-canister-processing" would unlock the "empty-canister" as well as all the canister filling recipes. Its prerequisites would be "plastics" and thus indirectly "fluid-processing"
Furthermore, currently "fluid-handling" unlocks the recipe "fill-petroleum-gas-barrel" and "empty-petroleum-gas-barrel" which indeed requires a gas bottle (Bob's mods), rather than a barrel (vanilla). This might be a compatibility issue with vanilla.

Technology "cliff-explosives" is missing a prerequisite that unlocks "empty-barrel". Currently, that would be "fluid-handling". As per my suggestion, that should be "fluid-barrel-processing".

Technology "oil-processing" should depend on "chemical-plant" since that is a most logical precursor technology. Additionally, that would guarantee that all new recipes unlocked by "oil-processing" are usable at time of research.

Technology "flammables" is currently empty. This might not be desirable, albeit the same in vanilla.
One possibility is to cannibalize the technology "solid-fuel" from Bob's revamp. The latter unlocks 5 recipes for solid fuel and 1 for enriched fuel blocks. However at that point in the game, only "solid-fuel-from-hydrogen" is truly usable. All other recipes would fit more naturally into "flammables". That would require to have "solid-fuel" as a prerequisite to "flammables".

Technology "stack-inserter" depends on "advanced-electronics", but the fast stack inserter itself does not require electronic circuit boards for crafting. Is that intended? Is that a result of some semi-automatic replacement from the inserter overhaul? Maybe this tech should not depend on "advanced-electronics"?

Technology "gem-processing-2" depends on "chemical-science-pack", however it does not require chemical science packs for its own research.
Furthermore, not all technologies that depend on it require chemical science packs. It feels as if it should not depend on "chemical-science-pack".
Otherwise, this tech and all following technologies should require chemical science pack in order to maintain a coherent progression.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

valneq wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:48 am
The Issues, Part 1: Steam Science, Automation Science, Transport Science

Technology "lab" is the only technology that requires both steam science and automation science. All other early game technologies require either one or the other. What is the rationale behind making "lab" special in that regard? In order to make all the other automation science technologies researchable after replacing every single burner lab with an electric one?
Why not make "lab" a pure "automation science" technology, too, and just drop the requirement on steam science packs?
In theory, everything that you research before Lab uses steam science, and everything after it is researched in the lab using science pack 1 (Automation)
It uses both because, its still burner phase, because you're researching it in a burner lab, but to make sure you can make the newly required automation science packs already.

Now, I could just add steam science pack, but when I did this, labs with more than 8 different science packs break the GUI. It may have been fixed, or just break less hard, but still, I didn't want more than 8 science packs per lab.

valneq wrote:
Technology "inserter-stack-size-bonus-1" is the first in a long line. It does not have "logistic-science-pack" as a prerequisite while requiring that pack for research. In vanilla, the first tier always accounts for requirements correctly, only at tier 2 do they ignore additional science pack requirements in the dependence definitions.
This is either a case of the base game changing shit on me, or it just not being reported previously. a reasonable thing to change.
valneq wrote:
Technology chain for "toolbelt" behaves differently: Every single one of the toolbelt technologies depends explicitly on the science pack it requires. This is not consistent with the way vanilla deals with pure bonus technology chains. In vanilla, ony the first technology in a chain (in this case "toolbelt") should depend on its science pack. All subsequent toolbelt technologies should only depend on their predecessor, while still requiring increasing tiers of science packs to perform the actual research. This simplifies the tech tree and reduces it to the meaningful dependencies. According to Wube, they expect their players to be smart enough to understand that you need to unlock the science pack before you can get the bonusses. This is reasonable. I recommend doing the same in Bob's mods for technology chains that only give increasing bonuses without unlocking any recipe.
Again, a reasonable thing to change.
This is actually one of those where I did it, because somebody pointed out missing prerequisites, before people reported all of them, even the base game ones, at which point I stopped adding them in. I just didn't go back and undo it.
valneq wrote:
Technology "bob-distillery-2" has no dependence on "steel-processing" although its only recipe requires steel. When introducing "steel-processing" as a prerequisite, you can drop the explicit dependence on "electrolysis-1".
Sure. Though, the library will automatically drop the electrolysis 1 dependency, as it includes a redundant dependency check. The only redundant dependencies it doesn't drop, are those that include the same name. (all dashes and numbers are deleted, then name compared, if the name is the same, it isn't dropped)
valneq wrote:
Technology "vehicle-solar-panel-equipment-2" lacks a dependency on "advanced-electronics".
Technology "vehicle-belt-immunity-equipment" lacks a dependency on "advanced-electronics".
Solar was probably missed, Belt immunity is new... its a copy of the base game belt immunity research, shouldn't that have the same issue?
valneq wrote:
Technology "fluid-handling" is a weird case. It unlocks somewhat unrelated things: storage-tanks, pumps, and a lot of barreling recipes.
However, this is largely inconsistent in its current form. I suggest splitting it into three separate technologies.
  1. "fluid-handling" would unlock the storage tanks, pump, and valves. This tech would remain at this position in the tech tree.
  2. "fluid-barrel-processing" would unlock the "empty-barrel", as well as all regular fluid barreling recipes. Its prerequisites would be "water-bore-1", "steel-processing", and "automation-science-pack". It would thus be a sister technology to the currently existing "gas-canisters".
  3. "fluid-canister-processing" would unlock the "empty-canister" as well as all the canister filling recipes. Its prerequisites would be "plastics" and thus indirectly "fluid-processing"
Furthermore, currently "fluid-handling" unlocks the recipe "fill-petroleum-gas-barrel" and "empty-petroleum-gas-barrel" which indeed requires a gas bottle (Bob's mods), rather than a barrel (vanilla). This might be a compatibility issue with vanilla.
I'd need to look into this one myself. I think ALL of the barrelling recipes are added her by data-updates.lua in the base mod.
This would also be an annoying one to sort out, I mean, many of these barrelling recipes will likely be unlocked before the ability to even make them. instead of being assigned to a special technology, it might be better to assign each to the technology that unlocks the fluid.
However, that also raises the issue of what to do with fluids researched (or just available like steam and water) before the machine that unlocks barrelling/canisters, when you also consider that depending on the vanilla barrelling setting, this could either be the Pump (barrelling pump), or Assembling machine 2.
Either way, a lot of work.
valneq wrote:
Technology "cliff-explosives" is missing a prerequisite that unlocks "empty-barrel". Currently, that would be "fluid-handling". As per my suggestion, that should be "fluid-barrel-processing".
Why do cliff explosives need a barrel?
valneq wrote:
Technology "oil-processing" should depend on "chemical-plant" since that is a most logical precursor technology. Additionally, that would guarantee that all new recipes unlocked by "oil-processing" are usable at time of research.
Depending on mod config, sometimes it does. or the chemical plant depends on oil processing.
I'd need to look into this one.
valneq wrote:
Technology "flammables" is currently empty. This might not be desirable, albeit the same in vanilla.
One possibility is to cannibalize the technology "solid-fuel" from Bob's revamp. The latter unlocks 5 recipes for solid fuel and 1 for enriched fuel blocks. However at that point in the game, only "solid-fuel-from-hydrogen" is truly usable. All other recipes would fit more naturally into "flammables". That would require to have "solid-fuel" as a prerequisite to "flammables".
hmmmm
valneq wrote:
Technology "stack-inserter" depends on "advanced-electronics", but the fast stack inserter itself does not require electronic circuit boards for crafting. Is that intended? Is that a result of some semi-automatic replacement from the inserter overhaul? Maybe this tech should not depend on "advanced-electronics"?
Probably something in the overhaul that didn't account for it.
Also, it may seem semi-automated, but it's just the result of a lot of code re-writing and simplification. if files kept track of editing time, you'd probably find that one near the top of the list, only really behind the control.lua files in many of my mods.
valneq wrote:
Technology "gem-processing-2" depends on "chemical-science-pack", however it does not require chemical science packs for its own research.
Furthermore, not all technologies that depend on it require chemical science packs. It feels as if it should not depend on "chemical-science-pack".
Otherwise, this tech and all following technologies should require chemical science pack in order to maintain a coherent progression.
this is an error. It was cut down to only need the first 2 science packs in a recent patch, where I forgot to remove the prerequisite.
I've already fixed, but not released this one.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:21 am
valneq wrote:
I'd need to look into this one myself. I think ALL of the barrelling recipes are added her by data-updates.lua in the base mod.
Somehow, all the gas bottling recipes are only in "gas-canisters", not in "fluid-handling". Based on that observation I thought there was a system in place to add groups/classes of barreling type recipes to specific technologies.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

valneq wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:38 am
bobingabout wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:21 am
valneq wrote:
Somehow, all the gas bottling recipes are only in "gas-canisters", not in "fluid-handling". Based on that observation I thought there was a system in place to add groups/classes of barreling type recipes to specific technologies.
oh, yeah, because I made my own script to build those.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

valneq wrote:
In preparation for looking through the tech tree of Angel's + Bob's, I started looking at the tech tree of Bob's mods alone.

Setup: All the mods by bobingabout. All settings default, except Burner power phase is active.
Save to sync setup: BobsTechtree.zip
The Issues, Part 2: Military Science, Chemical Science

Technology "nitroglycerin-processing" lacks a dependency on "sulfur-processing". Otherwise, none of the new recipes are really useful.

Technology "bob-laser-rifle" depends on "military-3" (which is chemical science tech) but itself does not require chemical science. Also its direct followup tier 2 does not require chemical science.
I believe this is an error. The tech "bob-laser-rifle" should depend on "advanced-electronics" and "military-science-pack" rather than on "military-3".
Then, also "bob-laser-rifle-ammo-2" could drop its requirement of chemical science packs. There is no reason to require them.

Technology "bob-rocket" is only military science tech, but depends on "tungsten-processing" which is chemical science tech. The recipe "rocket-body" indeed requires "rocket-engine" made from tungsten, but also "processing-unit" (aka electronic logic board). Currently "bob-rocket" does not depend on "advanced-electronics-2" which unlocks the "processing-unit". Both of these prerequisites are genuine chemical science techs. I believe that "bob-rockets" itself should require both military science and chemical science, maybe even depend on "military-3" (like vanilla's "explosive-rocketry") to make this more deliberate.

Technology "vehicle-motor-equipment" lacks a dependency on "advanced-electronics-2" for the "processing-unit" (aka electronic logic board).

Technology "exoskeleton-equipment-2" lacks a dependency on "advanced-electronics-2" for the "processing-unit" (aka electronic logic board).

Technology "vehicle-laser-defense-equipment-1" depends on "gem-processing-2". Since "gem-processing-2" will not depend on "chemical-science-pack", "vehicle-laser-defense-equipment-1" should drop its requirement of chemical science packs.
If that happens, also "vehicle-laser-defense-equipment-2" can become regular military science tech. "vehicle-laser-defense-equipment-3" should remain a military+chemical science tech, thus showing reasonable progression.

Reminders:
"bob-repair-pack-4" should become genuine chemical science technology, since it rightfully depends on "advanced-electronics-2".
"bob-repair-pack-5" should become genuine chemical science technology, since it rightfully depends on "advanced-electronics-3".

Technology "battery-mk2-equipment" should drop its dependence on "low-density-structure". This is likely a remnant of the vanilla recipe.

Technology "military-3" requires both chemical science and military science and correctly depends on them.
However, four technologies that depend on "military-3" only require chemical science, not military science. For some technologies that might be intended. I don't know how to tell.
Technologies that don't require military science: "poison-mine", "radars-3", "slowdown-mine", "alien-research"
As mentioned earlier, "bob-laser-rifle" depends on "military-3" but only requires military science not chemical science. Most likely a mistake.

Technology "distractor-mine" depends indirectly on "military-3" and also does not require military science, similar to the other "*-mine" techs.

Technology "artillery" unlocks four recipes. At the time of research only two are usable: "artillery-wagon" and "artillery-shell".
The "artillery-targeting-remote" requires "processing-unit" to be craftable. Hence "artillery" could/should depend on "advanced-electronics-2". In vanilla "artillery" depends on "military-4" and thus indirectly depends on that already.
The "artillery-turret" requires "concrete", but the tech does not depend on that. The same is the case in vanilla. Reported here, but deemed "not a bug".

Technology "personal-laser-defense-equipment" depends on "low-density-structure" but the equipment does not require lds to be crafted. In vanilla this is different. But with Bob's Personal Equipment, you can safely remove the dependence on "low-density-structure".
With this change, you could move this technology further up the tech tree, replacing the dependence on "power-armor" with a dependence on "modular-armor" and remove the requirement on chemical sceince, thus stretching out the laser defense equipment progression.

Technology "vehicle-roboport-equipment-2" (and thus also "vehicle-roboport-modular-equipment") is locked behind "advanced-logistic-science-pack" but does not require it for research. Only "vehicle-roboport-equipment-3" requires the advanced logistic science.

Technology "bob-poison-artillery-shells" depends on "alien-green-research" but only requires regular science packs equivalent to only "science-pack-gold". I suspect that this tech should actually require gold science pack and green alien science, and therefore be researched in the alien lab.

Technology "bob-fire-artillery-shells" depends on "alien-red-research" but only requires regular science packs equivalent to only "science-pack-gold". I suspect that this tech should actually require gold science pack and red alien science, and therefore be researched in the alien lab.

Technology "bob-explosive-artillery-shells" depends on "alien-yellow-research" but only requires regular science packs equivalent to only "science-pack-gold". I suspect that this tech should actually require gold science pack and yellow alien science, and therefore be researched in the alien lab.

Technology "bob-turrets-5" depends correctly on "nitinol-processing" but does not require production science to be researched.

Technology "radars-4" depends correctly on "nitino-processing" and "advanced-electronics-3", but does not require production science pack. It furthermore depends on "military-4" but does not require utility science pack.

Technology "bob-laser-rifle-ammo-5" depends correctly on "battery-3" but does not require production science.

Technology "bob-energy-shield-equipment-3" depends correctly on "advanced-electronics-3", but does not require production science pack.

Technology "vehicle-energy-shield-equipment-3" depends correctly on "advanced-electronics-3", but does not require production science pack.

Technology "vehicle-laser-defense-equipment-5" depends correctly on "battery-3" and "nitinol-processing", but does not require production science pack.
Last edited by valneq on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Addendum:

Technology "bob-energy-shield-equipment-4" requires alien science packs but does not depend on "alien-research".

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

valneq wrote:

Save to sync setup: BobsTechtree.zip
The Issues, Part 3: (Advanced) Logistic Science, Production Science, Utility Science

The following technologies depend on "advanced-logistic-science" as well as other technologies unlocked by "production-science-pack" but do not require production science packs for research: "electric-pole-4", "electric-substation-4", "bob-armoured-railway-2", "bob-armoured-fluid-wagon", "bob-fluid-handling-4".

Technology "bob-battery-equipment-4" requires alien science for research but does not depend on "alien-research".

Technology "bob-tanks-3" requires military, chemical, and utility science packs – same as "military-4". It would be natural to have "bob-tanks-3" depend on "military-4".

Technology "personal-laser-defense-equipment-4" requires utility science packs, but does not depend on any tech that would indicate why – "military-4" would be a natural prerequisite.

Technology "vehicle-big-turret-equipment-3" depends directly on "utility-science-pack". A more natural prerequisite would be "military-4".

Technology "vehicle-laser-defense-equipment-6" requires utility science packs, but does not depend on any tech that would indicate why – "military-4" would be a natural prerequisite.

Technology "bob-plasma-turrets-5" depends directly on "utility-science-pack". A more natural prerequisite would be "military-4".

Technology "fusion-reactor-equipment-2" requires alien science for research but does not depend on "alien-research".

Technology "bob-power-armor-3" requires alien science for research but does not depend on "alien-research".

Technology "rocket-control-unit" depends on "advanced-electronics-3" but does not require production science pack.

Technology "bob-robotics-4" depends on "battery-3" and "advanced-electronics-3" but does not require production science pack.

Technology "combat-robotics-4" depends on "bob-robotics-4" which is advanced logistic science tech, but does not require advanced logistic science for research.
Since it also depends on "bob-robotics-4" should require production science, this tech should also require production science, too.

Technology "personal-roboport-mk4-equipment" depends on "battery-3", "advanced-electronics-3", and "nitinol-processing" but does not require production science pack.

Technology "vehicle-roboport-equipment-4" depends on "battery-3", "advanced-electronics-3", and "nitinol-processing" but does not require production science pack.

Technology "bob-atomic-artillery-shell" does not depend on "atomic-bomb", although that would be a natural precursor technology.

Technology "deuterium-fuel-cell-2" depends on "bob-nuclear-power-3" but does not require utility science for research.

Technology "rocket-silo" depends on "rocketry" but does not require military science for research.

Technology "space-science-pack" depends on "radars-4" and via "rocket-silo" on additional military tech, but does not require military science for research.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

[1.1.1]
"gun-turret" and "stone-wall" require automation science pack, but with burner power phase do not depend on the "automation-science-pack" technology.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

I’ve noticed many instances of a technology that doesn’t use a certain science pack even though one or more of its prerequisites do. Here they are, excluding the ones I know are intentional.
Repair pack 4-chemical
Repair pack 5-chemical, production
Laser rifle-chemical
Rocket-chemical
Turrets 4-military
Laser turrets 3-military
Radars 3-military
Poison mine-military
Slowdown mine-military
Distractor robot mine-military
Vehicle roboport equipment 2-logistic (this one is a bit different since it’s the technology that unlocks the pack)
Plasma turrets 3-military
Alien research-military
Turrets 5-production
Radars 4-production, utility
Laser rifle ammo 5-production
Energy shield 3-production
Vehicle energy shield equipment 3-production
Vehicle laser defense equipment 5-production
Fluid handling 4-production
Electric poles 4-production
Armoured railway 2-production
Substations 4-production
Armoured fluid wagon 2-production
Deuterium fuel cell 2-utility
Rocket control unit-production
Laser turrets 5-production
Sniper turrets 3-production
Tanks 3-production
Artillery turret 3-production
Artillery wagon 3-production
Destroyer-logistic
Personal laser defense 5-production
Personal laser defense 6-production
Vehicle laser defense equipment 6-production
Plasma turrets 5-production
Laser robot-logistic, production
Advanced logistic and construction robots 3-production
Modular roboports 4-production
Robotics 4-production
Logistic system 3-production
Logistics 5-production
Personal roboport MK4-production
Vehicle roboport equipment 4-production
Rocket silo-military
Space science pack-military

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

I noticed that “solar energy” is a prerequisite of “portable solar panel” but not “vehicle solar panel equipment 1”.

Return to “Bob's mods”