[0.18] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by clampi »

Hello Bob,

Whilst the issues were reported earlier and you acknowledge them as fixed, but I still encounter them with latest version of mods, I report them again

bobtech_0.18.0
technology "steam-power" needs
icon_size = 64
icon_mipmaps = 4

bobrevamp_0.18.0
technology "solid-fuel" needs the same as above

bobmining_0.18.0
Technologies "steel-axe-2" to "steel-axe-6" needs the same.

EDIT: Added bobmining
Last edited by clampi on Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

clampi wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:04 am
Hello Bob,

Whilst the issues were reported earlier and you acknowledge them as fixed, but I still encounter them with latest version of mods, I report them again

bobtech_0.18.0
technology "steam-power" needs
icon_size = 64
icon_mipmaps = 4

bobrevamp_0.18.0
technology "solid-fuel" needs the same as above
They are "Fixed", but not released yet. the main reason being that these are just some "minor" graphic issues, and the other bugs that I did release were more game breaking, or I actually did some work on the mod.
In theory, I could just release them, but I wanted to wait until it was a little more than just minor code change to fix a minor graphic bug.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

Hello Bob,

More like a balance or recipe matching issue I noticed. There is no specific expensive recipe data for your custom pipes, unlike the vanilla iron pipe recipe which is split by cost: normal is 1 plate, expensive is 2. Not sure if by intent or omission, so I noted here.

"Oil Processing" technology is missing a dependency on the new "Pumpjack", as you need the crude oil in order to refine it. You do have a statement that was supposed to add the dependency in line 25 from bobrevamp/data-updates.lua, but the statement no longer works as "oil-processing" does not have "steel-processing" as a prerequisite anymore, was replaced with "fluid-handling" some releases ago. Thus the dependency is never added. I suggest replacing the statement with

Code: Select all

bobmods.lib.tech.add_prerequisite("oil-processing", "pumpjack")
which achieves the intent.

'titanium-processing' is missing a dependency on lubricant. 'titanium-bearing' recipe, unlocked by technology, requires it. Probably you relied on lubricant recipe being unlocked by 'oil-processing' in the past, but that was put in a separate technology some time ago.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

clampi wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:00 am
"Oil Processing" technology is missing a dependency on the new "Pumpjack", as you need the crude oil in order to refine it. You do have a statement that was supposed to add the dependency in line 25 from bobrevamp/data-updates.lua, but the statement no longer works as "oil-processing" does not have "steel-processing" as a prerequisite anymore, was replaced with "fluid-handling" some releases ago. Thus the dependency is never added. I suggest replacing the statement with

Code: Select all

bobmods.lib.tech.add_prerequisite("oil-processing", "pumpjack")
which achieves the intent.
Would need a bit more information on this, such as which mods you have installed (mining, plates, and revamp are the main ones here) and if you changed any options from default, because there's more than one config for the oil tech tree, and even 2 entire overhauls in revamp.

I'll look at the pipes, and probably wont do anything with the titanium. you don't necessarily need the bearings to build things, so I don't want to artificially put it behind a lubricant wall.
I also have a Patreon.

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

Hello Bob,

I already investigated the root cause and provided the fix. If you go on that line and check the statement, think what is supposed to do then look at the state of data.raw.technology ...you will see the same.

if you want to replicate:
lib
revamp
Nuclear power overhaul - not relevant
New Oil and Sulfur overhaul - unchecked
Old Oil and Sulfur overhaul - checked

rest - not relevant, happens with, happens without

Regarding the titanium bearing, the recipe does require lubricant. Haven't seen any conditional that would remove the lubricant from the recipe either. Not sure what's artificial about that.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

clampi wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:14 pm
Hello Bob,

I already investigated the root cause and provided the fix. If you go on that line and check the statement, think what is supposed to do then look at the state of data.raw.technology ...you will see the same.

if you want to replicate:
lib
revamp
Nuclear power overhaul - not relevant
New Oil and Sulfur overhaul - unchecked
Old Oil and Sulfur overhaul - checked

rest - not relevant, happens with, happens without

Regarding the titanium bearing, the recipe does require lubricant. Haven't seen any conditional that would remove the lubricant from the recipe either. Not sure what's artificial about that.
not everything that is built from Titanium requires Bearings. Making ALL titanium processing require lubricant because one of the intermediates on the technology requires it means that all other items that don't need the bearings get locked behind Lubricant when they don't need it.
I also have a Patreon.

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

More dependencies

bobelectronics
  • if the recipe for "processing-electronics" has "silicon-nitride" as ingredient, you also need to add "ceramics" as a prerequisite for "advanced-electronics-3". One cannot craft CPU's or "advanced-processing-unit" without "silicon-nitride" in that case.
  • "advanced-electronics-3" requires as prerequisite "production-science-pack", one cannot research without.
bobplates
  • "tungsten-processing" should have "nickel-processing" as prerequisite. That's because the 'main' recipe of the technology, "bob-tungsten-plate" requires "nickel-plate". Not sure if the same "lock behind technology wall" argument applies here.
  • {"bob-ruby-3", "bob-sapphire-3", "bob-emerald-3", "bob-amethyst-3", "bob-topaz-3", "bob-diamond-3"} recipes are by default enabled. However, to craft those recipes one needs a crafting machine, from any of the *-automation-* technologies. Maybe creating a gem-ore-separation-into-raw-gem technology, adding those recipes to said technology and setting the earliest *-automation-* technology, depending on burner/steam/electricity settings, as a dependency would be a more clean approach. Also, adding the new technology as a dependency of "gem-processing-1".
bobrevamp (only with old oil revamp)
  • "chemical-plant" needs "logistic-science-pack" as prerequisite, need the "logistic-science-pack" to research it.
  • "sulfur-processing" needs "oil-processing" as dependency. Reasons: {"oil-processing-with-sulfur", "oil-processing-with-sulfur-dioxide", "oil-processing-with-sulfur-dioxide-2", "oil-processing-with-sulfur-dioxide-3"} recipes require crude-oil as ingredient, which should be a prerequisite of oil-processing as discussed in a previous post. Those recipes need "oil-refinery" crafting entity, "oil-refinery" recipe being unlocked by "oil-processing". Without crude-oil or oil-refinery one cannot craft sulfur.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

clampi wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:13 pm
More dependencies

bobelectronics
  • if the recipe for "processing-electronics" has "silicon-nitride" as ingredient, you also need to add "ceramics" as a prerequisite for "advanced-electronics-3". One cannot craft CPU's or "advanced-processing-unit" without "silicon-nitride" in that case.
  • "advanced-electronics-3" requires as prerequisite "production-science-pack", one cannot research without.
bobplates
  • "tungsten-processing" should have "nickel-processing" as prerequisite. That's because the 'main' recipe of the technology, "bob-tungsten-plate" requires "nickel-plate". Not sure if the same "lock behind technology wall" argument applies here.
  • {"bob-ruby-3", "bob-sapphire-3", "bob-emerald-3", "bob-amethyst-3", "bob-topaz-3", "bob-diamond-3"} recipes are by default enabled. However, to craft those recipes one needs a crafting machine, from any of the *-automation-* technologies. Maybe creating a gem-ore-separation-into-raw-gem technology, adding those recipes to said technology and setting the earliest *-automation-* technology, depending on burner/steam/electricity settings, as a dependency would be a more clean approach. Also, adding the new technology as a dependency of "gem-processing-1".
bobrevamp (only with old oil revamp)
  • "chemical-plant" needs "logistic-science-pack" as prerequisite, need the "logistic-science-pack" to research it.
  • "sulfur-processing" needs "oil-processing" as dependency. Reasons: {"oil-processing-with-sulfur", "oil-processing-with-sulfur-dioxide", "oil-processing-with-sulfur-dioxide-2", "oil-processing-with-sulfur-dioxide-3"} recipes require crude-oil as ingredient, which should be a prerequisite of oil-processing as discussed in a previous post. Those recipes need "oil-refinery" crafting entity, "oil-refinery" recipe being unlocked by "oil-processing". Without crude-oil or oil-refinery one cannot craft sulfur.
I agree with advanced electronics 3 requiring ceramics, I thought it had that already.
I agree with tungsten plate needing nickel.
I'm not sure the other recipes need to have automation as a prerequisite, it's unlikely you'll be able to do anything with the gems until much later anyway... but maybe.
By Logistic science pack, I presume you mean science pack 2, not my Logistic science pack, the pink one. but, sure, if the chemical plant technology requires the second pack, and everything before it only uses the first pack, then it should have the second pack as a prerequisite.
I disagree with the oil processing thing... I mean, it does make sense that those recipes should require oil processing AND sulfur processing, but unless I make a new technology just for those 4 recipes, they can't have both. meanwhile sulfur processing allows the transformation between sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur and sulfuric acid, the first one being a by-product of lead or nickel processing, which is earlier tech, so being able to process it without oil is a possibillity.
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

The description for Inserter overhual setting has a textual issue: "...but you can use make any inserter long..."

For the Electric Chemical Furnace, the following recipes are new (as in the Steel/Standard Chemical Furnace don't have them):

Intermediate Products
- Iron Plate
- Copper Plate

Bob's Materials Category
- Tin Plate
- Silver Plate
- Lead Plate
- Glass
- Rubber

These are standard to the Metal Mixing furnaces. I think this is the mixed-mode stuff creeping in early?

I have all the Bob's mods turned on.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kirazy wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:44 am
The description for Inserter overhual setting has a textual issue: "...but you can use make any inserter long..."

For the Electric Chemical Furnace, the following recipes are new (as in the Steel/Standard Chemical Furnace don't have them):

Intermediate Products
- Iron Plate
- Copper Plate

Bob's Materials Category
- Tin Plate
- Silver Plate
- Lead Plate
- Glass
- Rubber

These are standard to the Metal Mixing furnaces. I think this is the mixed-mode stuff creeping in early?

I have all the Bob's mods turned on.
the chemical furnace is intended that way.
The first tier, stone, the chemical furnace is more of just a boiler, or a kettle, its not designed to melt metal.
The second tier, the steel furnace version of it, is basically just a standard furnace with a fluid input, so it can do the job of a standard furnace, AND a stone chemical furnace
Mixing is designed to melt metals from the start, so does both (Mixing and smelting) sets of recipes from the start.
And then when you get to T2 electric, you have the multi-purpose furnace thats all 3 in one.

As you can see, the trend is that the higher tier you go, the more each can do.
I also have a Patreon.

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

I've run into a copy-paste bug. See the screenshot here:
20200213213610_1.jpg
20200213213610_1.jpg (677.42 KiB) Viewed 4909 times
I've used the adjustable inserters GUI to adjust the top inserter to have range two instead of one, both for dropoff and pickup. Then I've copy-pasted that to the bottom inserter. In the screenshot, I'm hovering the mouse over the bottom inserter.

Note that the yellow arrow for the inserter is the expected length.

Also note that the white drop box is on the bottom belt at range one from the inserter. This is actually where the inserter will drop items.

I'd expect the bottom inserter to drop things on the top belt, which is at range two instead.

I've attached the savegame, which only has the adjustable inserters mod enabled.
Attachments
BobsInsertersBug.zip
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 87 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DrJones wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:41 pm
I've run into a copy-paste bug. See the screenshot here:

20200213213610_1.jpg

I've used the adjustable inserters GUI to adjust the top inserter to have range two instead of one, both for dropoff and pickup. Then I've copy-pasted that to the bottom inserter. In the screenshot, I'm hovering the mouse over the bottom inserter.

Note that the yellow arrow for the inserter is the expected length.

Also note that the white drop box is on the bottom belt at range one from the inserter. This is actually where the inserter will drop items.

I'd expect the bottom inserter to drop things on the top belt, which is at range two instead.

I've attached the savegame, which only has the adjustable inserters mod enabled.
As I've mentioned somewhere previously... This isn't a bug I can fix. I don't have independent control over what the yellow arrow says, and where the inserter chooses to actually drop things, I just say: drop_position = {inserter_position.x, inserte_position.y -2} which would be 2 tiles above the inserter. So in this case, the yellow marker and the function both change at the same time.
in the case of copy and paste... the settings are copied automatically, entirely a game engine function, my mod doesn't change anything. (I have an conditions written in to only do anything if the player is holding an inserter, and ignore anything with blueprints)

So if its a copy paste issue, its a base game issue, nothing I can do about it, needs reporting to the game's main bug reporting forum.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:10 pm
So if its a copy paste issue, its a base game issue, nothing I can do about it, needs reporting to the game's main bug reporting forum.
I ran into the same issue. Just to clarify: It happens when you copy&paste an inserter's settings via shift left/right click to another existing one. Everything works correctly when you copy an inserter with some length/offset settings, paste a ghost from that, and then place an inserter manually on top of the ghost.

In 0.17 it used to work either way. Something has changed in the mean time. You still think we should report this as a vanilla bug?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

valneq wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:17 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:10 pm
I ran into the same issue. Just to clarify: It happens when you copy&paste an inserter's settings via shift left/right click to another existing one. Everything works correctly when you copy an inserter with some length/offset settings, paste a ghost from that, and then place an inserter manually on top of the ghost.

In 0.17 it used to work either way. Something has changed in the mean time. You still think we should report this as a vanilla bug?
Yes, I have absolutely no control over what happens when you paste Settings with the Shift Left/right click thing. (well, in theory I do have control, but don't do anything with it, so if it copies the positions or not (I'm not the one to say if it should or not) it should function correctly with the range change, or without it, if its copying part of the setting, but not the other part, thats a base game thing... or another mod that isn't mine?)
I also have a Patreon.

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

Ok, good to know. I've reported it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81263

Xnl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xnl »

I noticed bug in rendering splitter tier 1 orientated to north. It's moving sprite of main part of splitter past its bondary.
Attachments
screen01.png
screen01.png (60.28 KiB) Viewed 4643 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Xnl wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:42 am
I noticed bug in rendering splitter tier 1 orientated to north. It's moving sprite of main part of splitter past its bondary.
I just tested this myself, it works fine for me.
what version of the game/mod are you running, and could you be using another mod that replaces the graphic?

Also I noticed this is the low-res version, so I had to change my settings to test it.
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

It's also my reksin mod and I'm betting 0.17. Lemme go fix that.
Edit: And fixed. Explicitly defined sizes now; Bob's logistics is using an older version of the splitter graphic. The base game has a newer one for 0.17 with a different resolution and I had used that.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

we play without bobmodules usually because they are too overpowered - the defaults seem way out of whack, are raw really enabled by default?

like many others, i feel they would be better balanced as they are by Seablock, so that the top 8th tier is slightly less powerful than a tier 3 vanilla module. this would make it a more gradual progression curve and help avoid the problems of overpowered productivity modules. why are there extra beacons at all? they aren't a UPS sink, right?

but when playing without bob modules, there is an off balance in the consumption of sodium hydroxide and there is no way to dispose of it. this is worse when playing with bobrevamp, bobtech, and bobelectronics but not bobmodules because the main sink of NaOH I now realise on our current playthrough (WITH bobmodules) is the module cases.

so to me now there is no point in playing without the bobmodules because otherwise the balance is incredibly thrown off, but with the bobmodules, play through progression feels wrong.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Not a bug per se but the 'data-final-fixes.lua' has a type in the comment section.
--This file exists because AAII is annoying.

if settings.startup["bobmods-burnerphase"].value == true then
data.raw["lab"]["burner-lab"].inputs = {"steam-science-pack", "automation-science-pack"}
end
has an extra A, meh is petty I know but I figured I saw it I'll say something

Return to “Bob's mods”