[0.18.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by kirazy »

CharonM72 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:54 pm
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what are the plans for 1.0? And is there a timeframe for when Bob's mods will be fully ready to use with 1.0?

I've been abstaining on Factorio until 1.0 and I plan to dive in headfirst with a Bob's+Angel's campaign.
There will be minimal changes from 0.18 to 1.0, because 0.18 is 1.0, just not finalized. So releasing for 1.0 will probably mostly amount to version changes.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

CharonM72 wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what are the plans for 1.0? And is there a timeframe for when Bob's mods will be fully ready to use with 1.0?

I've been abstaining on Factorio until 1.0 and I plan to dive in headfirst with a Bob's+Angel's campaign.
In case kirazy’s answer did not make it clear: Bob's mods are compatible with the experimental 0.18 already, so they will be ready to use for 1.0 very shortly after release. Bob is usually fairly quick about that.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

CharonM72 wrote:

Basically, to build on what the others already said... There has already been a fair amount of work gone into expanding the mods for 0.18, and since there isn't going to be a 0.18 stable, jumping straight into version 1.0 of the game, my mods will requires very little changes if any to make them work on 1.0, probably released on the same day.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

CharonM72
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CharonM72 »

That's very exciting. Glad to know I can hop right in. It's a Friday too so I'll probably not get any sleep that weekend...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

CharonM72 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:59 am
That's very exciting. Glad to know I can hop right in. It's a Friday too so I'll probably not get any sleep that weekend...
They're releasing on a friday... they never learn their lesson, do they.
Can't fix any game-breaking issues unless you work weekends when you do that... I mean, there shouldn't be any, but then they've had about 4 game breaking updates doing what should be minor changes over the course of 0.18.
I also have a Patreon.

lagelace
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lagelace »

Just loaded up an old 1.8 save and all my mining drill mk2s are gone. Is this related in some way to the change of the mining drill graphic? I'd really love to have them back as I'm pretty screwed on this world without them.

I also have angel's mods, if that's relevant.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

lagelace wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:53 pm
Just loaded up an old 1.8 save and all my mining drill mk2s are gone. Is this related in some way to the change of the mining drill graphic? I'd really love to have them back as I'm pretty screwed on this world without them.

I also have angel's mods, if that's relevant.
I dunno right now if I'm honest. it really shouldn't have effected them though, because to fix the issue last time, I just changed it to copy the original, so when they changed, it should have just copied the new version instead.

I've not tested anything with the latest update, and I'm kinda on break from modding right now, but others tell me that my mods seem to be fine.
I also have a Patreon.

lagelace
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lagelace »

Hmmm well maybe it's just a problem on my end then, cause I haven't found anyone else mentioning the same issue anywhere.

Thanks for the reply.

strider_ani
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by strider_ani »

Hi Bob, just was wondering as I am quite fond of using the gas venting pump that was in bob plates. But I can't seem to find it anymore. Did you remove it and if so is there a way I can use it still?

I like that it was only enabled to filter out certain gases, it made sense as oxygen or hydrogen doesn't need to be burned and can just be voided into the atmosphere.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

strider_ani wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:23 am
Hi Bob, just was wondering as I am quite fond of using the gas venting pump that was in bob plates. But I can't seem to find it anymore. Did you remove it and if so is there a way I can use it still?

I like that it was only enabled to filter out certain gases, it made sense as oxygen or hydrogen doesn't need to be burned and can just be voided into the atmosphere.
it should still just be in there, nothing has changed about it recently.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”