[0.17] Bob's Ores: Question about spawining ores

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Gambolputty
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17] Bob's Ores: Question about spawining ores

Post by Gambolputty »

Hi,

we would like to add cobalt ore to our existing world. Trying the command /c game.regenerate_entity("cobalt-ore") fails because "Entity cobalt-ore is not autoplacable".

Researching the issue it seems that I need to activate the ore somehow, but I could not figure out what settings in which config file exactly I have to change. Or is it actually impossible to add cobalt-ore after a world has been generated?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Bob's Ores: Question about spawining ores

Post by bobingabout »

Gambolputty wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:25 pm
Hi,

we would like to add cobalt ore to our existing world. Trying the command /c game.regenerate_entity("cobalt-ore") fails because "Entity cobalt-ore is not autoplacable".

Researching the issue it seems that I need to activate the ore somehow, but I could not figure out what settings in which config file exactly I have to change. Or is it actually impossible to add cobalt-ore after a world has been generated?
That command should work, There are only 2 situations where cobalt-ore should not be autoplacable.
1. Cobalt ore is turned off (which it is by default) in the bob's ores mod section of the mod options. (Mod options is another button to press once you press the main Options button from the main menu. You can't change it if you've loaded a game, but once the setting is change, it applies to existing games too)
2. You have RSO installed. (Resource Spawn Overhaul) RSO disabled all autoplace data and uses it's own ore generation system via scripts. If you are using RSO, you'd need to look it up or ask about it in the RSO forums.

If you can't regenerate the ore somehow... just explore more, it'll show up in new areas.

For the record, you don't NEED Cobalt ore, the ore itself is only used to make Cobalt Oxide. The Oxide is used to make everything that uses Cobalt.
Cobalt Oxide is available from Copper ore using the "Copper plate smelting with Cobalt oxide" or similarly named recipe, which is unlocked by the Cobalt Processing technology. The icon is a copper plate with a pile of blue powder (Cobalt oxide's icon) on it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”