Compatibility Question

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

nash39619
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Compatibility Question

Post by nash39619 »

Hey,

I know this has probably been asked a lot of times, but I could not find it scanning through the posts.
Are your mod’s compatible with DyTech?
I’ve been using your Enemy mod with DyTech and it seems to work great and I’m having a lot of fun with it. For my next game I’d like to add your Ore, Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates & Warefare.

I’m a little worried how the ores and recopies will affect each. Do they both exist or does one override the other?
I tried Shadows mod combo pack, and he had both and a lot more, but I don’t know if he made any edits. I stopped using it because I got a crash I could not get around.
Thanks,.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Compatibility Question

Post by bobingabout »

nash39619 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:23 am
Hey,

I know this has probably been asked a lot of times, but I could not find it scanning through the posts.
Are your mod’s compatible with DyTech?
I’ve been using your Enemy mod with DyTech and it seems to work great and I’m having a lot of fun with it. For my next game I’d like to add your Ore, Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates & Warefare.

I’m a little worried how the ores and recopies will affect each. Do they both exist or does one override the other?
I tried Shadows mod combo pack, and he had both and a lot more, but I don’t know if he made any edits. I stopped using it because I got a crash I could not get around.
Thanks,.
It's been a long time since I've tried Compatabillity with DyTech. I thought DySoch stopped supporting it and made a new mod set called DyWorld.

Anyway, they "Work" together last time I tried (Which was in 0.16) but there may be the occasional overlap where we use the same name for things.
I used the same names for metal plates etc on purpose, so even if there's more than one way to make a metal plate, you'll end up with the same item that can be used for anything, rather than a bobsmods version and a DyTech version.

TL;DR, just try it and see. it SHOULD be playable even if there is a bit of overwriting.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”