Builds with Bob's

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Builds with Bob's

Post by SpeedDaemon »

I made it through two partial games of Factorio before I decided it needed to be more complicated and installed most of Bob's stuff. :)

I'll throw these up here for feedback, or in case anyone else finds them useful...

Basic circuits. Can be mirrored on the other side of the output belt if required. Takes a lot of tree farms to keep running at full speed...
(the img tag cuts off the right side - right-click/view image to see the whole thing)
Basic Circuits
Electronic circuits. Doesn't include the whole chain, but very scalable. Could probably be improved/simplified by moving the output belt one tile closer in and alternating long-handed/far-handed inserters.
Electronic Circuits
Beginnings of my chemical (primarily gas-only) production plant. Almost all of the output will be shipped to the central smelting area for metal production. Excess hydrogen will probably go to solid fuel for the trains.
Chem outpost

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

those look pretty good. The only thing I might change on the gas chain there is to use a long handed inserter to feed from one chem furnace making salt directly into the electrolyser with pipes inbetween.
Like in this image but perhaps with less pipes http://bobingabout.gamemod.net/Factorio ... olysis.png
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

bobingabout wrote:those look pretty good. The only thing I might change on the gas chain there is to use a long handed inserter to feed from one chem furnace making salt directly into the electrolyser with pipes inbetween.
Like in this image but perhaps with less pipes http://bobingabout.gamemod.net/Factorio ... olysis.png
I thought about that, but wasn't sure whether a 1:1 between salt-makers and electrolyzers would keep up (those are the MK2 electrolysis plants). I still haven't gotten around to getting module production set up, so I can't tune it. I might do it offset with buffer chests in between, which would probably keep the salt water plants bursting at full for as long as they're likely to run that hard. That one is still a bit of a work in progress, since I don't even have a place for the train to go yet. :)

I purposely set up basic electrolysis separate, so filling hydrogen storage on one wouldn't kill oxygen or chlorine production on the other. I'm also wondering whether I should do HCl by just running the salt water plants straight into the HCl plants as a totally separate setup. I'm trying to break the habit of being frugal with my production buildings even though they're only a one-time cost. :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

the HCl production recipe uses the same speed as the Salt water Electrolysis recipe, and consumes the same as the electrolysis produces. So you can just place them next to each other and it will work. So it is an option.
I also have a Patreon.

SpeedDaemon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SpeedDaemon »

bobingabout wrote:the HCl production recipe uses the same speed as the Salt water Electrolysis recipe, and consumes the same as the electrolysis produces. So you can just place them next to each other and it will work. So it is an option.
That's where I eventually ended up. Don't have pics, right now, but I have two lines of Salt, water pipes, three tiles with salt buffer/NaOH extraction, water pipes, and electrolysis. One side has the HCl plants stuck on the outputs.

bbgun06
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bbgun06 »

My brother and I have been playing with Bob's Mods for some time. We are really enjoying the additional complexity. After finishing the game, there's not much replay value in the vanilla game.
Here we have electronic circuit production: (Hit Ctrl+Minus to see the whole image)
Circuits
I thought that green and blue circuits would be more complicated, but they only add a few extra things. Here I am adding CPU production to the same basic design:
CPU
Additional resources make it difficult to route belts properly:
Belts
Here is our map. We only just started building modules, at the north end (Where the two warnings are) is the start of module production.
Map
Here are two final shots showing the whole factory:
Factory North
Factory South

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Just wanted to share a schematic for Advanced Circuits using a bus system
ADV CIRCUITS - BOBS.gif
ADV CIRCUITS - BOBS.gif (246.02 KiB) Viewed 11482 times
Required inputs are:
liquids - Iron Chloride, water and hydrogen chloride (from left to right from the top)
solids - tin pl, cu pl, raw wood, lead pl, tin pl, Coal, plastic, cu pl, tin pl, quartz and stone (left to right from the bottom)

Outputs for future electronics - solder, Phenolic Board and Electronic components 1 and 2 combined on single belt (exit to the right read from the top)

Quantities aren't balanced yet, but the layout should be expandable up to the limit of the belt supply/delivery.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Could you post a higher resolution picture? Zooming in on that schematic is useless because all the small text is lost to the evils of rasterisation.

Ezzue
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ezzue »

Hey y'all!
I don't have anybody I know, playing Factorio besides me.. So I'm dying to show someone, what I have created and what my end goals are.
So, my goal is to automate everything there is to Bob's Mods. Without Logistics-bots! Only with belt.
This is what I have achieved so far, 43 hours in.
Everything!!
Everything!!
Udklip 2.PNG (265.68 KiB) Viewed 11388 times
Both A- and B-base
Both A- and B-base
Udklip.PNG (279.61 KiB) Viewed 11388 times
If you would like to see more in detail, I can maybe make a video or show some more pictures :)

-Ezzue :geek:

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I dig the train network
I also have a Patreon.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

My 1/s Raw Speed Mk3 factory:
http://olaudix.netne.net/factorio/scree ... ry_day.jpg
http://olaudix.netne.net/factorio/scree ... _night.jpg
http://olaudix.netne.net/factorio/scree ... _close.jpg
I only use Mk2 in assemblers since i don't have any other. Next step: Mk4 factory with Mk3 in assemblers. You see where this is going i hope :D

PS. 1/s MK5 Assembler factory partially visible on the right.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

what's with the funky looking chests and roboports?
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

bobingabout wrote:what's with the funky looking chests and roboports?
I was about to ask the same question. And Ezzue, I'd love to see more pictures!

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

SHiRKiT wrote:
I was about to ask the same question. And Ezzue, I'd love to see more pictures!
Roboports are MK2 from 5dim mods. As for the chests i made my own mod with wooden logistic chests. They are cheaper to make but inventory size is of wooden chest.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, that makes sense.
I also have a Patreon.

Ezzue
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ezzue »

Hey again!
This is my 60+ hour Bob's mod factory! But not finished yet though. http://imgur.com/a/TXQQw
Basically this save is all about belts. Everything is made by belts! The only robots are repairing, blue prints and supplering me.

I stole the circuit setup from factory B, and reworked it to Bob's circuits, from a mister repkap11 from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _circuits/ . (A little overkill but you never know..)
Other than that, it's basically self design.

Ask away if you want anything expained! :D

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

@Ezzue, that looks like a hella lot of concrete.

Ezzue
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ezzue »

Ackos wrote:@Ezzue, that looks like a hella lot of concrete.
Yep. It's an addiction!

Ezzue
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ezzue »

bobingabout wrote:I dig the train network
Thank you!

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I wish I could be this organised with my factories.

Also, wow, I knew there was a reason I stuck with RSO when playing Bob's, no matter what.

Return to “Bob's mods”