Change in chemical science pack in 17.60

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Steen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Change in chemical science pack in 17.60

Post by Steen »

In this version the science pack recipe is changed to sulfur instead of the solid fuel it was before. In bobs/angels it is kinda a pain in the ass to make sulfur, because it is often made in a loop where its recycled. So is it maybe possible to change the recipe back to use solid fuel?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Change in chemical science pack in 17.60

Post by bobingabout »

Steen wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:33 am
In this version the science pack recipe is changed to sulfur instead of the solid fuel it was before. In bobs/angels it is kinda a pain in the ass to make sulfur, because it is often made in a loop where its recycled. So is it maybe possible to change the recipe back to use solid fuel?
I've had a look through the changes of 0.17.60, and know I'll need to make some changes to make my mods work, but haven't come up with a full list yet.
In theory, in bob's mods, you probably don't need to change away from sulfur. the process is a little longer, but still possible. I haven't decided if I want to undo this one yet.

But for Angels mods? I hadn't really thought about it... you'd have to ask Angel about it, but I can see why it would be even more difficult, too difficult for SP3.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

That is incorrect.

Sulfur is the easiest thing in Angel's to overproduce than any other item in the game. What you're doing wrong is that you're not washing your coal into coke to produce sulfuric waste water. Doing this early on will produce tens of thousands of sulfur per hour, eventually up to hundreds of thousands of sulfur as you scale upward.

The science pack change is actually the most welcoming thing for Angel's players to finally make use of the millions of stored sulfur throughout the game.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Light wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:33 pm
That is incorrect.

Sulfur is the easiest thing in Angel's to overproduce than any other item in the game. What you're doing wrong is that you're not washing your coal into coke to produce sulfuric waste water. Doing this early on will produce tens of thousands of sulfur per hour, eventually up to hundreds of thousands of sulfur as you scale upward.

The science pack change is actually the most welcoming thing for Angel's players to finally make use of the millions of stored sulfur throughout the game.
It's also stupid easy to get in bob's mods. you can mine it stright up, it's also a byproduct in T2 lead processing and nickel processing, and new overhaul in revamp pretty much forces you to make it to be able to get plastic.
I also have a Patreon.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 pm
That is incorrect.

It's also stupid easy to get in bob's mods. you can mine it stright up, it's also a byproduct in T2 lead processing and nickel processing, and new overhaul in revamp pretty much forces you to make it to be able to get plastic.
Indeed. Angel's provides various ways to get a resource, though it seems some people likely stick to the first method they unlock and fail to notice the far superior alternatives as they progress down the tech tree. (Easy sulfur is green though...)

Was sulfur generation enabled by default since 0.14? I do recall during my Bob only playthrough not seeing sulfur on the map until I noticed the toggle for it within the config file. I had resorted to lead processing for most of it I believe, though after that toggle was enabled it was a breeze to get in the millions too.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:32 pm
bobingabout wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 pm
That is incorrect.

Indeed. Angel's provides various ways to get a resource, though it seems some people likely stick to the first method they unlock and fail to notice the far superior alternatives as they progress down the tech tree. (Easy sulfur is green though...)

Was sulfur generation enabled by default since 0.14? I do recall during my Bob only playthrough not seeing sulfur on the map until I noticed the toggle for it within the config file. I had resorted to lead processing for most of it I believe, though after that toggle was enabled it was a breeze to get in the millions too.
Sulfur ore is and always have been off by default, because you really don't need it, it's just that easy to get.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to β€œBob's mods”