burning more fluids?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

burning more fluids?

Post by Bizobinator »

Are there any other fluids we can use in the oil-burning boilers? I'm playing w/Angels, and I'd love to be able to use Butane, natural gas, etc.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: burning more fluids?

Post by bobingabout »

Bizobinator wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:42 pm
Are there any other fluids we can use in the oil-burning boilers? I'm playing w/Angels, and I'd love to be able to use Butane, natural gas, etc.
from memory, the fluids you can burn as a fuel include... Hydrogen, Crude oil, Heavy oil, light oil, petroleum gas, Glycerol, Liquid fuel (I think that's what it's called, could be fuel oil) and Hydrazine.
I have considered some other gasses, but since "Petroleum Gas" is nondescript, it kinda covers natural gas, butane/propane etc.

However, I also understand that angle might delete some of the fuel values I've assigned... A lot of people ask what they're supposed to do with hydrogen when making steel, a byproduct of the oxygen required from Electrolysis. My answer is "Burn it for fuel in an oil boiler", and some people have responded that it doesn't work, when they're using angel's mods.

Be weary of pollution multipliers though, some things you might think of as a dirty fuel, like Crude oil, have a pretty high multiplier, so your oil boilers will spew massive clouds of pollution if you fuel them with crude oil.
The latest version of the game does report some pollution multipliers, including those of fluids, and I believe in the next version of the game (0.17.53) that it will actually tell you all the multipliers, as there was a bug report about it that was recently marked as solved.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Yup! Crude oil has a narsty 1000% pollution modifier! o_O

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Bizobinator wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:48 am
Just because you CAN burn it, doesn't mean you should. with that kind of multiplier, it should be encouragement enough to make people process it and burn the products instead.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Chibiabos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chibiabos »

D'OH

I have been trying to work toward getting setups to burn oil for the oil burner, only to find this thread and find out I can burn any combustible fluid!

Thanks for giving me a big derp, bob. :P Any chance you might bork your entire mod by changing the name from "Oil Burner" to less specific "Fluid Burner?"

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:34 am
Bizobinator wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:48 am
Just because you CAN burn it, doesn't mean you should.
Oh?

Return to “Bob's mods”