How to handle Poisonous Spitters

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Liccao
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to handle Poisonous Spitters

Post by Liccao »

Hi My and a Friend is playing a map using mods. One of the Mods is Bob's Enemies.
We are against the orginal Blue Bitters & Spitters when they attack. But when we have to go out and kill bases we will meet some for Bob's enemies
a pink, yellow, purple and the one there tricks us a Green one named "Giant poison spitter"

This version is too strong for where we are in our playtrough, the others have mutch HP and hard to kill but the Green one only have to hit us one time before dead.

Any know how to handle thies dudes. We are using "Power Armor"
4x energy Shields from basegame
4x MK3 Personal Laser Defense from an other of Bob's mods
12x mk4 soler panals
2x Battery MK3

Any idea for what we have to upgrate to not die that fast tbh if it hits us we are dead 2 sec after and the other have to go out at take agro and die too

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to handle Poisonous Spitters

Post by bobingabout »

Liccao wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm
Hi My and a Friend is playing a map using mods. One of the Mods is Bob's Enemies.
We are against the orginal Blue Bitters & Spitters when they attack. But when we have to go out and kill bases we will meet some for Bob's enemies
a pink, yellow, purple and the one there tricks us a Green one named "Giant poison spitter"

This version is too strong for where we are in our playtrough, the others have mutch HP and hard to kill but the Green one only have to hit us one time before dead.

Any know how to handle thies dudes. We are using "Power Armor"
4x energy Shields from basegame
4x MK3 Personal Laser Defense from an other of Bob's mods
12x mk4 soler panals
2x Battery MK3

Any idea for what we have to upgrate to not die that fast tbh if it hits us we are dead 2 sec after and the other have to go out at take agro and die too
Poison (and fire, but they're rarer as spitters, more common as biters) are T5 enemies (Tiers in order being Small, Medium, Big, Huge, Giant, Titan, Behemoth, Leviathan), T5 is when the really nasty ones start to show up. T4 introduces area damage, such as Explosion, T5 gives persistent area effects, gas cloud, ground on fire, kind of not as impressive when the base game has acid on the floor now, and a Sticker also in base game, but the acid sticker slows you down, the fire sticker and my poison sticker deal damage over time. I would say your best strategy is to dodge the projectile, however, there's a known issue where SOMETIMES it seeks and hits you, where other times it doesn't, which is strange. I reported it to the devs and all they said is "use a stream", that's what the new base game acid spit is.

Anyway, the sticker is killing you, you basically have to avoid it (Which as described is bugged and sometimes seeks to hit you anyway) or tank it. which basically means... higher tier armor and/or shields, or more shields. I usually stand around wearing 24 shield MK6 in a power armor MK5 and don't even take damage from those attacks.

Interesting thing to note, Stickers effect player characters, cars and tanks, but not turrets or trains. So another strategy could be to cram 3 or 4 exo-skeletons in there to outrun the projectiles (even seeking they have a range limit) and lure enemies towards your turrets.

Either way, by the sounds of it, if you're getting those spitters, you've made the enemies evolve too fast... HOWEVER, there's also poison worms out there... and those would be the real problem, as even though they're only on Big level, they still throw that deadly spit at you.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to handle Poisonous Spitters

Post by Light »

While poison spitters may be an issue at the moment, the lack of preparation would imply that pollution management must be made a higher priority to prevent the real juicy threats that lurk around the corner. Not only that, but also to prevent more poison spitters from spawning more frequently as the evolution climbs.

Consider using the power of the preemptive tank crush to your advantage before running and gunning and you shouldn't struggle too much from reinforcements. The two of you driving in and crushing nests will provide a significant starting advantage even if they're destroyed in the process. After crushing all you can then you simply dodge attacks and clean up the remainder of what's left. It's quite powerful if done right, especially with vehicle equipment and repair packs to continue the fight should the tanks be in critical HP after the assault.

Return to “Bob's mods”