Advanced Classes

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

autopoiesis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Advanced Classes

Post by autopoiesis »

Are there plans to add higher tier classes/bodies to bob's classes, or are the higher tiers of power armor meant to invalidate them?

I think that instead of having miner, builder, scout mk2 with larger bonuses, it might be better if higher tier of classes could instead be modeled on the mid and late game roles that different people take. For example, there could be railroader class with increased map-reveal vision, reach, impact resistance against trains; or there could be an automobilist class that has the ability to craft wood and slowly repairs objects around them; or some sort of logistician class that has increased runspeed and inventory space for running around the base placing belt.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Advanced Classes

Post by bobingabout »

There are plans to add more classes, but I forgot the main one I was thinking of.
There were going to be MK2 and even MK3 classes, but also mixed classes, where the bonuses of 2 classes were combined, for example, mining and build speed.

However, I am still open to ideas classes, and on what each class should be.

Keep in mind I am limited by the game engine, most of what you suggest isn't possible, I'm limited to whatever stats are listed on the entity itself, and the modifies listed in lua-api on entity control.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”