[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

GreatAlucard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by GreatAlucard »

Well, I couldn't really, stone pipes wouldn't show up at all.

Also, I've ran into a new problem, now with Zgroup turned off I can see the stone pipes, although, the stone pipe was the only new one that appeared. (Zgroup has likely no relation with this and I believe brass pipes would not appear with it turned on either)

It's probably unrelated to the previous problem even though it is similar but...

Buildings that need brass pipes are currently impossible to build, there are no brass pipes on my list, and differently than what happened before they don't get automatically built when I try to make buildings, which makes all buildings that need brass pipes impossible to make (Not sure if this would be the same for the endgame pipes though).

On the research screen I can actually see the brass pipes under their proper research, which I already have, but even though I can make the other buildings that came with it (Boilers MKIII in the current case), I can't make the pipes.

PS: Can't see tungsten or plastic pipes either... I can see 4 types of pipe, Stone, Iron, Steel and Bronze.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

ukezi wrote:Z group does some things. also there are some balance changes in there. You can build anything if you use the search function.
If you use the default config, in a default bobs install

It won't load with bobmodules
Some pipes are removed and also removed from recipes,
Electronics Assembly Machines are removed.
No you can't search for them.
If your using angels it breaks stuff in angels too.
Removing zgroup change from your save is not easy..

Zgroupchange needs to renamed to zChangesallkindsofthings
GreatAlucard wrote: On the research screen I can actually see the brass pipes under their proper research, which I already have, but even though I can make the other buildings that came with it (Boilers MKIII in the current case), I can't make the pipes.
The easiest way to fix this would be to run this command to re-research all of your technologies (there could be some unintended sideaffects so make a save before just in case)

Code: Select all

/c
for _, tech in pairs(game.player.force.technologies) do
	if tech.researched then
		tech.researched=false
		tech.researched=true
	end
end

GreatAlucard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GreatAlucard »

I'll do it to test but, before I put some extra hours in the game, is it worth it to keep playing in this save at all?

Depending on how harsh those side effects could be it might be best to start over, even though this save is about 40 hours in, specially if any of them is long term.

It did fix the problem but since I'm not sure as to what I should expect as side effect I don't know if there are any (It did mess with the toolbar hotkeys but that is pretty easy to fix).

Thank you for the assistance, by the way.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

It shouldn't be anything that is game breaking if it is anything at all. I am just not sure of the effect unlearning and relearning techs has on the character modifier techs.

GreatAlucard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GreatAlucard »

That is goo to hear.

The character bonuses seem Ok, at least the ones I could easily check.

Once again, thank you for the help.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

I must be missing something because I'm wondering: Armored Trains... Why?

Biters don't attack trains anyway, do they? And a moving train can plow through a horde of biters, yes?

The train's tier system is a little confusing to me because it splits between "Train Mk x" and "Armored" rather than just continuing up the Mk x line.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Recon777 wrote:I must be missing something because I'm wondering: Armored Trains... Why?

Biters don't attack trains anyway, do they? And a moving train can plow through a horde of biters, yes?

The train's tier system is a little confusing to me because it splits between "Train Mk x" and "Armored" rather than just continuing up the Mk x line.
Armored train has different vehicle grid if you have them and will allow different modules compared to normal trains.
And I think biters still can try to chew up trains sometimes.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If a hoard of biters are attacking an area where you have a train station, then they will attack a train when it stops. on top of this, trains can have weapons via the grid now, and those will attract biters to attack them.

Also, as mentioned, Armoured trains have a much larger grid, and allow things such as the plasma cannon to be installed, where the other trains do not. Plasma has a filter of "Armored Vehicle" set you see.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I can kind of see some uses for it.

I'm lamenting the lack of some kind of long range super weapon, as I've had a couple of cases where Giant Worms spawned close enough to shoot my defences but just outside of laser tower range. Not sure if the MK5 Laser Towers I've just started building outrange all worms but you could have an armoured train (or a few) run around on rails just outside the walls. Fill it with lasers and plasma, it would prune back any nests that spawn close to your defences. The rails themselves are not targeted and they don't require power poles.

Keep it stocked with rails and repair packs so any AoE damage that damages or destroyed the rails as a result of targeting the train can be repaired.

Of course this depends on how "armoured" the train actually is, if we have to put too many shields in it there won't be room for the weapons. Still if it's running constantly it should kill any nests before they get too big.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

RNG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RNG »

Really like the mod, especially the expanded chemistry.
Would like to know why Sulfurdioxide can't be put into gas bottles, or will it be in future?
Same goes to Wolfram-Acid. But I understand why nitroglycerin can't be put into barrels^^. However, will there be changes?

Greetings from Germany, and sorry for my broken english :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Good thing I know Wolfram is Tungsten.

Anyway... no changes planned for 0.14, but when 0.15 hits, there'll be quite a large rework.
I also have a Patreon.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

The bobmods.config.logistics.LongInserters (and near/more) options don't appear to work with the current version of the logistics mod; it doesn't look like the logistics mod checks them any more. Was this intentional?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, the options don't do anything anymore. I'd remove the options from the config mod, but if I did that and released an update, it would overwrite everyone's mod settings when you download the update. That's why I didn't update it.
I also have a Patreon.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Is the option going to come back at some point? I find the customisable inserters a bit "cheaty" for my preference and don't use the adjustable inserters mod for this reason, so it'd be nice to still have the option to disable the basic version in this mod as well.

Actually, would it be possible to just hide the inserter customisation UI button if you haven't researched any of the relevant technologies (i.e. when the UI is empty anyway)? That'd probably be enough to deal with my absurd UI clutter ;)

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I started Bob's Mods with no intention of using the Inserter customisations, but once I got to the more complex stuff I started getting into them. It's a lot more convenient than carrying around Long Handle Inserters and it allows you to load three belts per side of an Assembler or Chemical Plant.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:I started Bob's Mods with no intention of using the Inserter customisations, but once I got to the more complex stuff I started getting into them. It's a lot more convenient than carrying around Long Handle Inserters and it allows you to load three belts per side of an Assembler or Chemical Plant.
Sure, but that's why I don't want to use them ;) I enjoy the added challenge of coming up with layouts that work with the vanilla inserters, and I like that the layouts are still compatible with vanilla. It's just personal preference, there's nothing wrong with having more options, I was just slightly surprised the config option didn't work as I was hoping to get rid of the config UI button since my screen is already pretty packed with added UI from other mods.

wolfling
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wolfling »

Hiya, loving your mods, Bob, but I was wondering something;
Given that it's usually a gelatinous or powdered yellow substance, why did you choose to make Tungstic Acid a fluid? Was it to differentiate it from Tungsten Oxide or to force the use of pipes? Just curious.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

torne wrote:Is the option going to come back at some point? I find the customisable inserters a bit "cheaty" for my preference and don't use the adjustable inserters mod for this reason, so it'd be nice to still have the option to disable the basic version in this mod as well.

Actually, would it be possible to just hide the inserter customisation UI button if you haven't researched any of the relevant technologies (i.e. when the UI is empty anyway)? That'd probably be enough to deal with my absurd UI clutter ;)
Maybe with 0.15.

Allowing the button to be hidden is something I've considered for a while, but just haven't gotten around to doing it. The reason why the config options were disabled internally is basically because it's handled by a control script now, not data, and I can't read the configuration from config mod in another mod's control script. in 0.15 it will be an option again.
wolfling wrote:why did you choose to make Tungstic Acid a fluid? Was it to differentiate it from Tungsten Oxide or to force the use of pipes? Just curious.
Yes.

during my research, tungstic acid was a fluid (otherwise it wouldn't be named an acid, probably a salt), which is a thick fluid.
If you actually put tungstic acid in a long pipe side by side something else, like water, you should notice that the tungstic acid does flow slower.

Basically, the aim when I made the tungsten production line was to make it realistic, and interesting to create, so a step that used pipes felt like a good idea.
I also have a Patreon.

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeanoa »

Looked it up myself the other day, and apparently Tungstic acid is available both as a power (anhydrous) and as a liquid. I like having it in the game as a liquid.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

At the time I hadn't added many liquids either. Oxygen, Hydrogen, Chlorine and Hydrogen Chloride were the only other ones. These 5 were added as far back as for version 0.9.8. Everything else came later, including Nitrogen, which I think was added around the 0.11 chain.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”