[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.5] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:0.11.11 Fixed the problem of train occasionally losing path when moving fast.
There they fixed it for you! :D
Awesome. I thought it might when they said they were going to re-write how signals work. I don't even have that version yet.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

I think you have something wrong on the pipes. Copper pipe has a maximum pressure of 5, iron of 10, stone of 20, but steel pipe also has only 10?

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

The pipe information is still in the MCI thread (since custom pipes haven't been moved over yet). Steel pipe is in the same capacity as iron, so it has 10, like iron. Copper and stone are small and large pipes, respectively.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Degraine wrote:The pipe information is still in the MCI thread (since custom pipes haven't been moved over yet). Steel pipe is in the same capacity as iron, so it has 10, like iron. Copper and stone are small and large pipes, respectively.
Yeah but Steel pipe costs double, not to mention that steel pipe-to-ground costs more than double, for the exact same result. It's just strange, thought it was not intended.

Edit: Well, to be honest, they have different color and goes underground further.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SHiRKiT wrote:
Degraine wrote:The pipe information is still in the MCI thread (since custom pipes haven't been moved over yet). Steel pipe is in the same capacity as iron, so it has 10, like iron. Copper and stone are small and large pipes, respectively.
Yeah but Steel pipe costs double, not to mention that steel pipe-to-ground costs more than double, for the exact same result. It's just strange, thought it was not intended.

Edit: Well, to be honest, they have different color and goes underground further.
and has more health too, don't forget the health thing.
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

bobingabout wrote:
SHiRKiT wrote:

Health on pipes? ...........

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SHiRKiT wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
SHiRKiT wrote:

Health on pipes? ...........
all entities have health, this determines how much a biter has to chew on it, how many shots from your shotgun it can withstand, or how hard you hit it with the tank/car before it breaks.
I also have a Patreon.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

I know what you ment but I can't stop imagining a steam punk bitter...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

LordFedora wrote:I know what you ment but I can't stop imagining a steam punk bitter...
All entities have pipes... yeah, when I re-read that, I was imagining a biter with a pipe, monacle and top hat.
I edited my post to be correct now.
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

I'd suggest the a rebalance of the modular roboports. For example, the MK1 zone expander is a 30x30 area, which gives us 900 blocks/squared of coverage. The vanilla Roboport gives us 50x50, which means 2500 blocks/squared of coverage. Roboport's components are: Steel, Iron Gear Wheels and Electronic Circuits. The gear wheels and steel are the easiest material to produce, costing 180 iron ore. They are easy to produce and requires almost no complexity. The Electronic Boards on the other hand are the most complex product, requiring a whole chain of production for a single board, combining a lot of assembling machines and various kinds of resources together. But to produce the zone expander you require only 66% of the boards required for the Roboport, but only giving 36% of area coverage. Although I don't think it should cost 36% of the circuits required, since sometimes you only want to expand in straight line, I don't see it's fair to cost 66% of the circuits required.

Well, that's only my opinion anyways.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Question about storage tanks
In new Dytech we have now 2 technologies for storage tnaks - 1 from your mod and 1 from dytech, but dytech uese ypur storage tnaks recipies for last mk5 storgae tnaks so that's technolog is parent for dytech - can you adapt this technology so we could see only dytech in the end of the list? i think it's not a problem becauses as i said before dytech storage tanks from mk1 to mk4 uses your recipies and his technology had different name and icon
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SHiRKiT wrote:I'd suggest the a rebalance of the modular roboports. For example, the MK1 zone expander is a 30x30 area, which gives us 900 blocks/squared of coverage. The vanilla Roboport gives us 50x50, which means 2500 blocks/squared of coverage. Roboport's components are: Steel, Iron Gear Wheels and Electronic Circuits. The gear wheels and steel are the easiest material to produce, costing 180 iron ore. They are easy to produce and requires almost no complexity. The Electronic Boards on the other hand are the most complex product, requiring a whole chain of production for a single board, combining a lot of assembling machines and various kinds of resources together. But to produce the zone expander you require only 66% of the boards required for the Roboport, but only giving 36% of area coverage. Although I don't think it should cost 36% of the circuits required, since sometimes you only want to expand in straight line, I don't see it's fair to cost 66% of the circuits required.

Well, that's only my opinion anyways.
when I'm modding again, I'll look into it. I'll take a note.
aklesey1 wrote:Question about storage tanks
In new Dytech we have now 2 technologies for storage tnaks - 1 from your mod and 1 from dytech, but dytech uese ypur storage tnaks recipies for last mk5 storgae tnaks so that's technolog is parent for dytech - can you adapt this technology so we could see only dytech in the end of the list? i think it's not a problem becauses as i said before dytech storage tanks from mk1 to mk4 uses your recipies and his technology had different name and icon
I don't know if that's my fault of his, but it sounds like we're both using the same name for the storage tanks...
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I don't know if that's my fault of his, but it sounds like we're both using the same name for the storage tanks...
For the first time the ability to upgrade appeared in Dytech logistics and dysoch demonstrated respect to you and did storage did storgae mk5 technology as parent to your technology and used your recipies with titan, inver nad nitiniol
So you can demonstrate respect to him and use past dytech logistics technology - simople we have 2 brange of storage tanks technologies ;)
The solution - dytech technogy must replace yours as it now with assemblers where your technology replaces his, all easy i think
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:
For the first time the ability to upgrade appeared in Dytech logistics and dysoch demonstrated respect to you and did storage did storgae mk5 technology as parent to your technology and used your recipies with titan, inver nad nitiniol
So you can demonstrate respect to him and use past dytech logistics technology - simople we have 2 brange of storage tanks technologies ;)
The solution - dytech technogy must replace yours as it now with assemblers where your technology replaces his, all easy i think
All I can promice is that I'll look into it when I look into modding next.
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

If you want I can just do the maths and put out the numbers for you, so you are not overloaded with stuff. You have already a pretty big mod on your hands.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Express Near Inserter, Express Far Inserter and Express Long Inserter can all skip the requirement of Titanium, which the basic Express Inserter requires.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SHiRKiT wrote:Express Near Inserter, Express Far Inserter and Express Long Inserter can all skip the requirement of Titanium, which the basic Express Inserter requires.
I don't see how... the recipe for the derivative types should be exactly the same as the basic, except the type of inserter as an ingedient is closer to its range from the fast varients, which also cost the same as the original.
As for research, it should require the purple inserter to be researched before you can research the derivatives of the purple inserter.

So, I don't see where it could be skipping over "the requirement of Titanium". Can you be more specific?

is it possible that you've enabled the extended array of inserters after playing for a while, and the game hasn't properly built the Dynamic recipe properly?
I also have a Patreon.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

See for yourself. I can build those without the need for a Express Inserter:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/327 ... s/bob1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/327 ... s/bob2.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/327 ... s/bob3.png

Edited by bobingabout: I've seen them, they're a bandwidth killer, so I changed them to links.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.6] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, I had a deeper look into your problem, and I'm fairly sure I've fixed it now:

v0.1.6
*Fix for (Purple) Express Inserter's Near, Far and Long varient missing some recipe ingredients.
I also have a Patreon.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.6] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by kinnom »

regular cargo wagons already have 30 slots in 0.11.18+.

there went my 80 invar.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Return to “Bob's mods”