[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by spinba11 »

What's the speed difference between the express, faster and extremely fast belts?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

speed:
normal:0.03125
fast:0.0625
express:0.09375
green:0.125 ~4 yellow
purple:0.15625 ~5 yellow

kyoj
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kyoj »

Bob,

could you increase the cost of the the higher tier underground belts to compensate for the increase travel distance. Currently, since they have can travel 5 more spaces it is actually cheaper to build the faster underground belts rather than the standard fast belts.

i.e.
underground yellow costs: 5 yellow belts + 10 iron plate (for a max of 6 spaces)
underground red costs: 4 red belts + 13 iron plates (for a max of 11 spaces)
underground blue costs: 4 blue belts + 13 iron plates (for a max travel of 16 spaces)
underground green costs: 4 green belts + 13 iron plates (for a max travel of 21 spaces)
underground purple costs: 4 green belts + 13 iron plates (for a max travel of 26 spaces)

what this effectively means, is that if a belt is ever traveling more than 4 spaces in a line, you should ALWAYS USE UNDERGROUND BELTS.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Do the vehicle roboports not service/deploy logistic robots? Only construction?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

yes they care personal roboprots in a vehicle.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

ukezi wrote:yes they care personal roboprots in a vehicle.
Yes, I know that. I've got the vehicular roboports in the vehicle. What I'm wondering is "Can the vehicle use logistic bots in its inventory to distribute other items in its inventory to requestors within range?"

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Bizobinator wrote:
ukezi wrote:yes they care personal roboprots in a vehicle.
Yes, I know that. I've got the vehicular roboports in the vehicle. What I'm wondering is "Can the vehicle use logistic bots in its inventory to distribute other items in its inventory to requestors within range?"
No. Personal roboports only have a construction zone (vehicle roboports are personal roboport types)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's basically just a copy of what you have in your power armor.

As a general rule, I only use prototypes as they are available in the base game. If the game allows you to define a prototype to do something, I do it. if it doesn't, I don't.

Since there exists a personal roboport to use construction robots, but not logistic robots, and the game has the ability to have a grid on a vehicle, this is what I do, have a copy of the roboport for a vehicle, therefore it does whatever the personal roboport does.

Personally, I'd rather have a roboport on my train than on my person, as the most use I get out of it is when I'm expanding my base, usually via the railway.

I can see the appeal of logistic robots on a train, but the game isn't set up to handle them.

If there is another mod that does this, it's using scripting (Which I avoid, with a few exceptions)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

bobingabout wrote:It's basically just a copy of what you have in your power armor.

As a general rule, I only use prototypes as they are available in the base game. If the game allows you to define a prototype to do something, I do it. if it doesn't, I don't.

Since there exists a personal roboport to use construction robots, but not logistic robots, and the game has the ability to have a grid on a vehicle, this is what I do, have a copy of the roboport for a vehicle, therefore it does whatever the personal roboport does.

Personally, I'd rather have a roboport on my train than on my person, as the most use I get out of it is when I'm expanding my base, usually via the railway.

I can see the appeal of logistic robots on a train, but the game isn't set up to handle them.

If there is another mod that does this, it's using scripting (Which I avoid, with a few exceptions)

Aww :/. Bummer. Oh well.

Life will..... find a way.

Cellindris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cellindris »

Bob the logistics mod won't show me the inserters so when I research those it give me nothing I only have the vanilla inserters I've uninstalled the game and the mods multiple times how do I fix it

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Cellindris wrote:Bob the logistics mod won't show me the inserters so when I research those it give me nothing I only have the vanilla inserters I've uninstalled the game and the mods multiple times how do I fix it
Check the 0.13 thread... Short answer: Click the blue inserter button at the top of the screen.
I also have a Patreon.

Xlodvig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xlodvig »

Hi! For a long time did not play. Can you please tell me how to migrate logistics from version 0.12.7? Steam license. Bob's Inserters migration mod does not work on the new version of the game. Thank you very much in advance!

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Hey Bob, I've got a question regarding upgrading inserters. I've got tons of the various inserter configurations, and I want to upgrade my fast inserters to express inserters. Is there an easy way to upgrade them in a way that keeps their pick-up/drop-off points?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Bizobinator wrote:Hey Bob, I've got a question regarding upgrading inserters. I've got tons of the various inserter configurations, and I want to upgrade my fast inserters to express inserters. Is there an easy way to upgrade them in a way that keeps their pick-up/drop-off points?
Use upgrade planner mod and SHIFT-DRAG to order robots to do it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The migration mod is a little... complex. You pretty much need to do it in version 0.13, because it requires an older version of the logistics mod (early 0.13) installed, then when you load the game, all it does is run through every inserter in the game and set the inserter positions to their current state. By setting them, they're remembered.
Then you save the game and update the mod to the latest version, and the positions will be in the same place.
If you miss this complex sequence of events, all inserters will be reverted to a standard reach version of their class of inserter.

The newer version of the inserters mod basically removes all the long, near etc alternate versions of inserters, and allows you to customise their positions. Migration mod is required to convert an old save file.
So if you're starting a new game, you don't even need the migration mod.
I also have a Patreon.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Nexela wrote:
Bizobinator wrote:Hey Bob, I've got a question regarding upgrading inserters. I've got tons of the various inserter configurations, and I want to upgrade my fast inserters to express inserters. Is there an easy way to upgrade them in a way that keeps their pick-up/drop-off points?
Use upgrade planner mod and SHIFT-DRAG to order robots to do it.
That won't just replace the extended versions with the default pick-up/drop-off positions?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

If you have the robots do it they will keep positions, if you just click drag to upgrade from hand they won't

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I don't know how the upgrade planner works, so I can't speak for it. But game wise, if you destroy an entity and replace it, then it's a new entity, and will have new stats.

But the way a robot replaces a ghost (A ghost is an entity) with it's normal object, then it keeps the settings.

Of course, It's also possible to create the upgraded entity (or ghost) in the same position as the original, copy the settings over, and delete (or mark for deconstruction) the original.
I also have a Patreon.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

bobingabout wrote:I don't know how the upgrade planner works, so I can't speak for it. But game wise, if you destroy an entity and replace it, then it's a new entity, and will have new stats.

But the way a robot replaces a ghost (A ghost is an entity) with it's normal object, then it keeps the settings.

Of course, It's also possible to create the upgraded entity (or ghost) in the same position as the original, copy the settings over, and delete (or mark for deconstruction) the original.
The upgrade planner uses the fast_replace option of create_entity which keeps the settings. If that isn't possible or fails it blueprints the old entity, changes the name in the blueprint to the new entity, destroys the old entity, puts the new blueprint down and revives it.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Xlodvig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xlodvig »

bobingabout wrote:The migration mod is a little... complex. You pretty much need to do it in version 0.13, because it requires an older version of the logistics mod (early 0.13) installed, then when you load the game, all it does is run through every inserter in the game and set the inserter positions to their current state. By setting them, they're remembered.
Then you save the game and update the mod to the latest version, and the positions will be in the same place.
If you miss this complex sequence of events, all inserters will be reverted to a standard reach version of their class of inserter.

The newer version of the inserters mod basically removes all the long, near etc alternate versions of inserters, and allows you to customise their positions. Migration mod is required to convert an old save file.
So if you're starting a new game, you don't even need the migration mod.
Unfortunately I have a saving from which I would like to continue, with a mega base) I'll try to get back to the Steam game version 13, and do all the necessary steps. Thank you for the clarification.

Return to “Bob's mods”