[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by Firestronk »

bobingabout wrote:
Firestronk wrote:They are not there though... unless someone can confirm otherwise
I can't check anything right now (Having access to things is actually quite rare, as I don't always check this at home), but thinking about the issue, I added new technologies "Logistics 4" and "Logistics 5" that unlock my new belts, these are not a bob- version in code, purely an extension to the base game versions.
What this means is, if another mod also adds Logistics 4 and 5 they may be re-defining the same technologies, and erasing mine in the process.

Please check that you have a Logistics 4 and 5 technology in your research list, and if so, what is on them. If they exist and my belts aren't on the unlock list, that's the answer, another mod is overriding them.

I CAN fix this in one of two ways:
Method 1: Change the technology that unlocks them to Purple Belts, and Green belts (That's the internal name, that'll have a more sensible name in game)
Method 2: Leave them on Logistics 4 and 5, but write it as if I expect someone to overwrite them, so the data.lua loading stage will create a blank technology, and data-updates.lua phase will add my belts to them. (So in the event they are over-written in the data.lua phase, they'll still unlock my belts anyway)

So, do that check for me, and when able I'll write this "Fix".
There is no logistic 4 or 5 research from what I can see

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Which is odd, because it's there for me (And works as intended on my end.) Are you sure the mod is actually installed, and you don't have the wrong version for your game?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

Im running the latest version of bob's logistics on version 0.14.3 of factorio

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Which is what I'm running, and which I tested it on myself with no issues.

I really can't explain why you don't have the technologies.

Are you sure it's not a case of not having met all the requirements yet, or something silly like that? Or perhaps running with a mod that might remove them?
I also have a Patreon.

Liquid5n0w
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Liquid5n0w »

I am getting an error on load, not sure of the cause.

No such node: (vertical_selection_shift)

http://imgur.com/0NO0F70

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

.14.4 adds vertical_selection_shift, as a mandatory field for trains
Simple fix is to add vertical_selection_shift = -0.5, to the train prototype (this is the default for vanilla)

open up boblogistics-prototypes-entity-train.lua

and add (including the comma)

vertical_selection_shift = -0.5,

just below every instance of
selection_box = {{-0.7, -2.5}, {1, 2.5}},

There are 6 of these

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'll work on a fix for this shortly.

It's actually not a bad thing when the most complaints I get are bugs.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Logistics 0.14.2:
* Added the Factorio 0.14.4 fix.
* Tweaked train values (Air resistance and Friction on all vehicles, and Power on the armored locomotive) slightly for ballance.
I also have a Patreon.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

As a relatively new factorio player who's on his first run through of this mod pack, I can say that it is quite thoughtfully put together. I feel like I get to re-live the experience of discovering factorio from the ground up given all the new toys as well as the alternate recipes and stats on a lot of the items. Thanks very much for this amazing contribution to the community, bobingabout!

I have a question regarding the modular logistic system components, namely the robochests. Is it the intention that log-bots can't enter the robochests as quickly as they can from roboports? My observation is that one log-bot can enter a robochest per open-close cycle of the robo-chest door. The result is a lot of waiting log-bots that also eventually end up losing charge.

Given that log-bots can exit from robochests en-masse (i.e., similar to a roboport), I suspect this might not be intended behavior?

I very much like the separation of the logistic network into 4 modular components (i.e., zone extender, charging pad, robochest and interface) whilst retaining the option for a unified tool (i.e., roboport). Unfortunately, the robochest entry speed is a majorly limiting factor in the logistic cycle - I had thousands of log-bots idling around robochests. As a result, in my current game, I've resorted to just using roboports everywhere (with a few zone extenders here and there).

P.S. Re: the earlier post, I can confirm that I have access to the new transport belts (teal and purple) on 14.3.

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

bobingabout wrote:Which is what I'm running, and which I tested it on myself with no issues.

I really can't explain why you don't have the technologies.

Are you sure it's not a case of not having met all the requirements yet, or something silly like that? Or perhaps running with a mod that might remove them?
I've searched for it on my test map where I have all tech researched and cheat mode enabled and was not able to find it. Seems like the z group change was causing it after some testing. Is there a way to refresh the tech tree or something? I've spent like 12 hours on my current playthrough and really don't want to restart

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Updating a mod (or basically just changing the config, like, removing a mod) should force the reset_recipes() and reset_technologies() commands. if it doesn't, try manually, by entering the following into the console:

Code: Select all

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.reset_recipes() force.reset_technologies() end
iceman_1212 wrote:As a relatively new factorio player who's on his first run through of this mod pack, I can say that it is quite thoughtfully put together. I feel like I get to re-live the experience of discovering factorio from the ground up given all the new toys as well as the alternate recipes and stats on a lot of the items. Thanks very much for this amazing contribution to the community, bobingabout!
Thank you.

iceman_1212 wrote:I have a question regarding the modular logistic system components, namely the robochests. Is it the intention that log-bots can't enter the robochests as quickly as they can from roboports? My observation is that one log-bot can enter a robochest per open-close cycle of the robo-chest door. The result is a lot of waiting log-bots that also eventually end up losing charge.
I think the limiting factor is that unless a robot is relatively fully charged already, robots want to recharge before entering a roboport (This includes my Robochest). Now, you don't really notice this on the roboport, because there are 4 charging points, however, on the robochest, there is a single charging port located at the door hatch, you it will apear that robots aproach the door, hover for a moment, then dock.

Due to the fact that the game demands they recharge before docking, the Robochest must include at least one recharge point, if you don't, they wait at the recharge queue distance, and never attempt to dock. Add more than one and it starts to bring it back up towards being a full roboport again.
I also have a Patreon.

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

bobingabout wrote:Updating a mod (or basically just changing the config, like, removing a mod) should force the reset_recipes() and reset_technologies() commands. if it doesn't, try manually, by entering the following into the console:

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.reset_recipes() force.reset_technologies() end
The command didn't seem to work unless I am doing it wrong

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

in that case, try and force the recipes directly.

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.recipes["green-transport-belt"].enabled = true force.recipes["green-underground-belt"].enabled = true force.recipes["green-splitter"].enabled = true force.recipes["purple-transport-belt"].enabled = true force.recipes["purple-underground-belt"].enabled = true force.recipes["purple-splitter"].enabled = true end
And, since I was pre-occupied trying to rush a critical fix (broken mod, due to game update) I kinda forgot to do the changes I mentioned to try and solve this one >.>
I also have a Patreon.

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

bobingabout wrote:in that case, try and force the recipes directly.

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.recipes["green-transport-belt"].enabled = true force.recipes["green-underground-belt"].enabled = true force.recipes["green-splitter"].enabled = true force.recipes["purple-transport-belt"].enabled = true force.recipes["purple-underground-belt"].enabled = true force.recipes["purple-splitter"].enabled = true end
And, since I was pre-occupied trying to rush a critical fix (broken mod, due to update) I kinda forgot to do the changes I mentioned to try and solve this one >.>
It is finally working. Thanks bob, you are the real mvp here lol. One thing I noticed however is that the faster transport belt/underground belt do not show the total raw materials at the bottom of the tool tip. Just a very minor bug though

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Firestronk wrote:One thing I noticed however is that the faster transport belt/underground belt do not show the total raw materials at the bottom of the tool tip. Just a very minor bug though
The only reason why I can think you might have that error is if you're missing an ingredient. Like, perhaps, Titanium?
I also have a Patreon.

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

bobingabout wrote:
Firestronk wrote:One thing I noticed however is that the faster transport belt/underground belt do not show the total raw materials at the bottom of the tool tip. Just a very minor bug though
The only reason why I can think you might have that error is if you're missing an ingredient. Like, perhaps, Titanium?
If I was missing titanium why would the fast splitter have the raw materials though?

Lochar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lochar »

So that's a touch annoying. Your diesel engine wouldn't load in 14.4, so I had to backtrack to 14.3, find out there was an update for logistics, update that, then go back to 14.4.

Not your fault that we can't auto-update mods without the game fully loading, just annoying.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Lochar wrote:So that's a touch annoying. Your diesel engine wouldn't load in 14.4, so I had to backtrack to 14.3, find out there was an update for logistics, update that, then go back to 14.4.

Not your fault that we can't auto-update mods without the game fully loading, just annoying.
Things like this can happen when playing experimental build.
So we now know why 0.13 mods are not compatible with 0.14. :lol:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I posted this issue over on shuttletrain github without even realizing there wasn't a shuttletrain for .14 yet :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Of course, instead of downgrading factorio, you did have other options available.

you could have manually deleted/disabled the mod in the mods folder (disable by manually editing mod-list, or just delete the folder/zip of the mod), or you could have gone to mods.factorio.com, there's a link to my mod in the announce post on this forum, and manually downloaded the update.

But, for this situation, there should be a... fix to make it easier for people to load the game. Perhaps when a mod loading error occurs, the game should pop up a message window asking if you want to disable the mod and try again, selecting yes would edit mod-list to disable the mod, then automatically close and restart the game. Selecting no obviously just quits to desktop as normal.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”