[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by bobingabout »

SilverSix311 wrote:So I downloaded the new Bob's Logistics and the GUI button doesn't seem to show anything. The picture shows it "expanded".
You have to research Long, More and Near inserters for options to appear in the menu.
axazol wrote:How to disable it ?
I didn't program in a method to disable it yet. I was working more on getting it working first (Which I obviously failed to do, hence the error messages people were getting)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Lochar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lochar »

So I updated the Logistics, saw the new researches.

Thankfully I saved, because researching Long Inserters caused any new long inserters to act as normal inserters. Reverted to prior save, not researching the new stuff at the moment.

Nilaus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nilaus »

I am completely stuck playing with Bob's mods and I think it is due to the Long Handed Inserter tech.

I built and installed some Long Handed Inserters and they work fine. Then I researched "Long Inserters 1" and now my Long inserters have turned into normal short inserters! They look correct when I place them, but they keep trying to place the processed goods on top of the near belt. I suppose this is because they can now be configured, but I have no idea how and I feel like i have clicked everywhere...

I hope and assume this is just me missing something really obvious and that someone can help me asap.
Attachments
20160814 Capture.PNG
20160814 Capture.PNG (116.28 KiB) Viewed 5049 times

Lochar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lochar »

So I figured out my and Nilaus' issue.

You have to hit the inserter box in the upper left hand part of the gui and reset your long inserters to actually be long inserters again. Bob, can you please have them default to standard options, instead of close?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The new inserter options menu basically works for all inserters, regardless of their defaults.

Now, although it can be a little confusing as it is, it would likely be more frustrating later when the options change whenever you pick up a different inserter to place.

I'm not sure the best way to handle it, but I am definitely open to feedback. Perhaps the auto change to an inserter's defaults could be another checkbox on the menu.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

Does blueprint keeps inserters configs?
Last time I tried - bots build default insterters instead of configured.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

solntcev wrote:Does blueprint keeps inserters configs?
Last time I tried - bots build default insterters instead of configured.
Seems like a bug with new version - I'm using previous one still and blueprinting works without problems.

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mbattjes@gmail.com »

This is a copy of my post on the mod portal:

Im playing with the vanilla resources, i think the faster and extremely fast belts and underground belts are too cheap compared to normal>fast>express. Currently they cost only a few more gear wheels. I tend to skip faster belts for this reason. They should require an extra item like steel plates (realistically to make them sturdier), and some more lube.

I suggest:

Faster belt: 1x express belt, 5x iron gears + 2x steel plates
Extremely fast belt: 1x faster belt, 5x iron gears + 2x lubricant

Faster underground belt: 1x express underground belt, 20x iron gears + 10x steel plates
Extremely fast underground belt: 1x faster underground belt , 20x iron gears + 10x lubricant

This way, faster would need the same amount of plates needed for normal belts (but now steel) and extremely fast would need the same amount of lube as the express belt.

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Another suggestion: Incorporate Flow Control's rotatable elbow, T-junction and straight pipes. A must-have mod for me but doesn't work with your new pipes because the rotatable shapes are new entities.

Nilaus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nilaus »

Lochar wrote:So I figured out my and Nilaus' issue.

You have to hit the inserter box in the upper left hand part of the gui and reset your long inserters to actually be long inserters again. Bob, can you please have them default to standard options, instead of close?
I've read your post many times and clicked everywhere but no luck, but thanks for trying to help :)
bobingabout wrote:The new inserter options menu basically works for all inserters, regardless of their defaults.

Now, although it can be a little confusing as it is, it would likely be more frustrating later when the options change whenever you pick up a different inserter to place.

I'm not sure the best way to handle it, but I am definitely open to feedback. Perhaps the auto change to an inserter's defaults could be another checkbox on the menu.
This elusive "new inserter options menu" is very well hidden. In the end I Googled "bobs mod inserter options menu" and found a description which included "SHIFT-E" to open it.
From here it can be edited, but that only goes for this particular case. Why is the default behaviour for a LONG inserter as a short inserter? If you wish to allow all inserters to be short and long then remove the long inserter. At this point the long inserter is simply a more expensive version of the normal inserter. Additionally, to model this on every single long inserter is extremely tedious (unless i am missing a way to set it up globally to have LONG inserters be LONG inserters). copy-pasting the settings work, but it is slow and adds an extra step.

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Nilaus wrote:
Lochar wrote:So I figured out my and Nilaus' issue.

I've read your post many times and clicked everywhere but no luck, but thanks for trying to help :)
screenshot
Note that you will only see the set directions after you've placed an inserter.
Did you install Bob's Adjustable Inserters (and use the migration mod on pre-inserter mod saves)?

I do agree, long inserters can be removed, but perhaps inserter color can be changed when you set an inserter to long.

Nilaus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nilaus »

Thanks mbattjes

I never noticed that icon as this is the first mod I loaded and it is only my second playthrough I am starting.

Now that I am messing around with it then it is starting to make sense. Basically click it to long and then insert the line of inserters. The "SHIFT-E" is then only for particular specific configurations where you need it in an weird configuration.

vaultdweller
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vaultdweller »

bobingabout wrote:I'm not sure the best way to handle it, but I am definitely open to feedback. Perhaps the auto change to an inserter's defaults could be another checkbox on the menu.
Have you looked at how GotLag handles adjusting inserter settings in his Near Inserters mod? His mod doesn't allow long-handed adjustment, but it does handle adjusting near/far and side pickup options by configurable hotkeys... and quite importantly, his method behaves well with blueprints. Currently, your inserter options do not work with blueprints - when stamping blueprints, all inserters will use the options currently set in the menu, not the configuration they had when the blueprint was created. This makes it impossible to to mix, for example, long and regular inserters in the same blueprint.

My apologies if that's already been discussed further back in the thread - it's a big thread, and I've only red the most recent replies (the blueprint problem that was introduced sometime between the weekend and my previous play session is what brought me to the thread).

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

vaultdweller wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I'm not sure the best way to handle it, but I am definitely open to feedback. Perhaps the auto change to an inserter's defaults could be another checkbox on the menu.
Have you looked at how GotLag handles adjusting inserter settings in his Near Inserters mod? His mod doesn't allow long-handed adjustment, but it does handle adjusting near/far and side pickup options by configurable hotkeys... and quite importantly, his method behaves well with blueprints. Currently, your inserter options do not work with blueprints - when stamping blueprints, all inserters will use the options currently set in the menu, not the configuration they had when the blueprint was created. This makes it impossible to to mix, for example, long and regular inserters in the same blueprint.

My apologies if that's already been discussed further back in the thread - it's a big thread, and I've only red the most recent replies (the blueprint problem that was introduced sometime between the weekend and my previous play session is what brought me to the thread).
The method that is used in the mod is the same as GotLags.
It seems that implementation of the menu is a bit to eager to jump in - maybe it should simply ignore ghost entities.
I'm not sure if there is a way to tell if ghost is hand made or came out of the blueprint.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Well, you had reasons to disable reloading at logistic network extender but now the robots fly back to the next roboport and try the hole way again.
Is it possible to enable the loading port in config or somewhere?

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

steinio wrote:Well, you had reasons to disable reloading at logistic network extender but now the robots fly back to the next roboport and try the hole way again.
Is it possible to enable the loading port in config or somewhere?

Greetings steinio
Place a proper charger next to the extender if you have places that encounter this frequently.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

*Headnut*

Yes thanks for mentioning them ;)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

mbattjes@gmail.com wrote: I do agree, long inserters can be removed, ...
Nooo!!!
The long inserter should stay like it is.
I hate the new option!
Its now so complicated to make 2 belt inserter lines.
When i make a long inserter i WANT a long inserter.
And with the color i see where it is take from (my own check).

OLD Workout:
Fast inserter for all Assemblers and then Long Inserters ... finish.
NEW Workout:
Fast inserter for all Assemblers and then Long Inserter ... config it ... copy settings over all long ...

How i can disable that shi*?

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

IMO configurable inserters should be a separate mod.

Having the ability to disable via config is okay... but when a mod is updated, any changes to config files are lost.

If a feature is its own mod, if you don't want the feature, you don't install the mod. No problems with updating overriding your preferences.

I do not like adjustable inserters. It's not about the implementation being bad, I just don't want them, period.
Also IMO the feature set is big enough to justify being a mod in itself. Also in the Poll there are 60% in favor of inserter mod in one way or another.

mbattjes@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

DOSorDIE wrote:
mbattjes@gmail.com wrote: I do agree, long inserters can be removed, ...
Nooo!!!
The long inserter should stay like it is.
I hate the new option!
Its now so complicated to make 2 belt inserter lines.
When i make a long inserter i WANT a long inserter.
And with the color i see where it is take from (my own check).
It's not complicated at all and theres even an option to straight-up place any inserter with long pickup and/or drop. With that it will cost you the same amount of clicks to build a vanilla long inserter. Let's not clutter the crafting list, there's enough in it as it is. This mod makes long inserter completely redundant. The only difference is the color, which i agree is nice. A color option for different inserter setups would be good.
The option is here in this screenshot:
gif
Or would you rather have this?
Last edited by mbattjes@gmail.com on Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Bob's mods”