Boblogistics: option to disable parts

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Boblogistics: option to disable parts

Post by Optera »

Would it be possible to add options to disable each aspect, Belts, Inserter, Pipes, Tanks, Trains, Roboport, Robots, Logistics chests, of boblogistics individually.
For example I'd like to remove boblogistic bots, logistic chests and trains. Those aspects feel redundant with warehousing, infinite tech and train overhaul.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Boblogistics: option to disable parts

Post by bobingabout »

Some of the parts are a little more integrated than other mods that already do this, like Power or Assembling machine, but in theory it should be possible.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

So if I make new mod, that needs in dependencies the mod "boblogistics" then I must sure that every part of this mod is enabled.
Why not just disabling mod? "bobdisabling" ore something like that.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Building prototypes only to remove them later is silly. That only makes each start of factorio take up more memory and take longer.
On the other hand expanding checks to if mods["boblogistics"] and data.raw.item["ultimate-transport-belt"] doesn't cost anything.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, this is why I rarely actually check to see if a mod is installed, that and the fact that in my modding history, being able to do that is a recent addition. Pretty much all my checks to other mods are "Does this item exist?" "what about this one?", so I look for specific pieces of a mod, not the mod as a whole.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

i second that, in whatever way implemented, as i recently thought about trying that myself.
Because of the same reasons Optera given. Mainly it was for trains, as i want to use train overhaul, without your locos/wagons, but keep the belts/inserters.

Even thought of a GUI change mod, that puts vehicles, tracks, etc.. into an extra tab, cos at that time i was also looking at CargoShips (and aircraft/helicopter to lay "water tracks") and the "Base" category gets pretty full, cos everyone just uses that for everything, unlike your new belts/inserter "Logistics" tab

mkaito
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mkaito »

I came here to request exactly this: I use Optera's Train overhaul mod, and would like to use Bob's Logistics without all the extra trains.

In fact, the mod is so big that it's kind of overwhelming. Being able to disable parts of it would be quite interesting, also for some of the other modular mods, like Warface, for example.

So +1 :D

Return to “Bob's mods”