A way to return to normal long inserters?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

jevon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A way to return to normal long inserters?

Post by jevon »

I'm playing through my first serious Bobs+Angels session, and I've arrived at long inserters.

I don't have the Adjustable Inserters mod installed. When I research "Long Inserters 1", I only have one way to build a long inserter -- select a "normal" inserter, select the top blue icon, click Enable reach overrides, click Long handed inserter, place the inserter, then uncheck Long handed inserter, then uncheck Enable reach overrides.

Basically I want my fixed, slow, red long inserters back.

I don't like having to check boxes and subsequently having no visual indicator (unless I use alt-mode) to see the reach of an inserter. I also don't want my inserters to default to being long.

Is there any way to configure this? A separate mod? A script?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A way to return to normal long inserters?

Post by Light »

There's actually a hotkey you can use for this to save you a remarkable amount of time.

You place all your inserters as you need to, then mouse over one of them and perform the hotkey. You can then copy/paste the setting and apply it to all inserters you intend to lengthen. It's remarkably fast.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

wait, since when is it an unknown key?

But yeah, if you don't like the GUI, point to the inserter after you place it then hold shift and press L to turn it into a long handed inserter.

Also, if you go to the mod settings and turn off the inserter overhaul, you'll go back to having a long handed inserter like you used to have, but also lose a lot of other inserter related things.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:52 pm

But yeah, if you don't like the GUI, point to the inserter after you place it then hold shift and press L to turn it into a long handed inserter.

Also, if you go to the mod settings and turn off the inserter overhaul, you'll go back to having a long handed inserter like you used to have, but also lose a lot of other inserter related things.
About the unknown key - it's not only this. I noticed lots of techs have it too in description. Ones I could find quickly is laser rifle/ammo, all the gem processing stuff. It seems that most of military things have unknown key as description. I have full set of bob's installed in latest versions plus some QoL mods. Different mod that adds turrets has all the descriptions ok so it looks like locale for some of your mods is not being read correctly.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:40 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:52 pm

About the unknown key - it's not only this. I noticed lots of techs have it too in description. Ones I could find quickly is laser rifle/ammo, all the gem processing stuff. It seems that most of military things have unknown key as description. I have full set of bob's installed in latest versions plus some QoL mods. Different mod that adds turrets has all the descriptions ok so it looks like locale for some of your mods is not being read correctly.
Technology descriptions is a different story, and I know about it. aparantly, you NEED a description on technologies now, where previously you didn't.
I also have a Patreon.

pacman78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pacman78 »

I have disabled the inserter overhaul as I like the visual feedback to distinguish one inserter from another, so I have yellow and red inserters.
However, now my yellow inserter default setting is similar to a long inserter.

I understand you can use keyboard shortcuts and the UI reach override to adjust pick up and drop off locations, but is there a way for me to get back the default settings for yellow inserter? I really would like to have them behave like a vanilla yellow inserter when I place it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

pacman78 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:21 pm
I have disabled the inserter overhaul as I like the visual feedback to distinguish one inserter from another, so I have yellow and red inserters.
However, now my yellow inserter default setting is similar to a long inserter.

I understand you can use keyboard shortcuts and the UI reach override to adjust pick up and drop off locations, but is there a way for me to get back the default settings for yellow inserter? I really would like to have them behave like a vanilla yellow inserter when I place it.
If you have bobinserters installed, Check the GUI.
Open it with the button on the top bar, and turn off inserter override or whatever the option is called. It'll make the other options like "Long handed inserter" disappear from the list until you turn it back on again.
I also have a Patreon.

pacman78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pacman78 »

I do have Bob's inserter installed, but enabling or disabling the option called "enable reach overides" does not change anything.

I'm playing with factorio 0.17.79
I have bobinserters 0.17.10

pacman78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pacman78 »

I've started a new game, and disabling the option "enable reach override" works properly :D
My other save might just be in some weird state as I've disable the inserter overhaul after creating the game...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

pacman78 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:36 pm
I've started a new game, and disabling the option "enable reach override" works properly :D
My other save might just be in some weird state as I've disable the inserter overhaul after creating the game...
Probably. I'm not sure what else you could do, but if bobinserters is installed, the boblogistics specific inserter editing stuff should be disabled automatically, so... I don't understand why it's broken. (just because I don't see why it could happen, doesn't mean it can't happen)
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”