[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

Beily wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:34 pm
BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:37 pm
I'm pretty sure that bobplates only needs boblibrary ?
(Also, IIRC one of bob's mods has a setting that changes character slots, check them out ?)
:oops: Oh, i forgot, that mods have settings, i found, that it was 250 slots, but i only now opened it, so it still a riddle for me, why it was set to 250.
Welp, it looks, like it solved, but i realised just now, that i can build on whole map without limit, mod "Big Bags (more space in bags +longer reach)" is off, I try to find what mod can cause this. :?
Thank for help!
Is it possible that you've previously used the mod and set it to 250, and the game remembered?
I think by default, it's set to 90, which is just 10 slots above the new starting amount of 80. (Before 0.17, you could actually place items on the tool belt instead of it just being a shortcut bar, so it held inventory space. when that was removed the increased the base inventory size from 60 to 80)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Beily
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beily »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:38 am
Is it possible that you've previously used the mod and set it to 250, and the game remembered?
I think by default, it's set to 90, which is just 10 slots above the new starting amount of 80. (Before 0.17, you could actually place items on the tool belt instead of it just being a shortcut bar, so it held inventory space. when that was removed the increased the base inventory size from 60 to 80)
I used mod on 0.15 and tested on 0.16, and i updated game and mods a 8-9 days ago.
I played on server a few hours, mb it changed settings somehow, but now it's okay, so nvm.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Beily wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:07 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:38 am
I used mod on 0.15 and tested on 0.16, and i updated game and mods a 8-9 days ago.
I played on server a few hours, mb it changed settings somehow, but now it's okay, so nvm.
Joining a server will change your settings to match those of the server.
Yeah, it's probably just a remembered setting from there.

Anyway, still good that you figured it out.
I also have a Patreon.

Beily
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beily »

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:40 pm
Joining a server will change your settings to match those of the server.
Yeah, it's probably just a remembered setting from there.

Anyway, still good that you figured it out.
Yeah, now i using backup for mod-list and mod-settings, so no need to change mods and settings every time. :)

I_Believe_in_You
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by I_Believe_in_You »

Hello, there was a problem with the mods from your assembly, and more specifically with MK 1/2/3 transport drones. The game version is 0.17.79. After some time, they begin to disappear spontaneously in the air. Drones are not affected by any mods except Bob's Logistics mod (0.17.17). I hope for your help.
P.s Translated by Google

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I_Believe_in_You wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:18 am
Hello, there was a problem with the mods from your assembly, and more specifically with MK 1/2/3 transport drones. The game version is 0.17.79. After some time, they begin to disappear spontaneously in the air. Drones are not affected by any mods except Bob's Logistics mod (0.17.17). I hope for your help.
P.s Translated by Google
With Bob's Logistics, Logistic robots shouldn't do that sort of thing, but I have heard that there are other mods that prune robots. Perhaps you have another mod installed that is doing this?
I also have a Patreon.

I_Believe_in_You
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:46 pm
I_Believe_in_You wrote:
P.s Translated by Google
With Bob's Logistics, Logistic robots shouldn't do that sort of thing, but I have heard that there are other mods that prune robots. Perhaps you have another mod installed that is doing this?
https://b.radikal.ru/b21/1912/87/6a781e756204.jpg only this, noone cant modify drones or something

sicky337
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17] tin ore crash

Post by sicky337 »

I set up one of the buildings with the little mining guys who did it up, I select tin ore then add the mining bot men. The game crashes and tell me to let you know
Screeny attached
tin ore crash.jpg
tin ore crash.jpg (242.17 KiB) Viewed 4762 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] tin ore crash

Post by orzelek »

sicky337 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:52 pm
I set up one of the buildings with the little mining guys who did it up, I select tin ore then add the mining bot men. The game crashes and tell me to let you know
Screeny attachedtin ore crash.jpg
Please report it to author of Mining Drones mod. It seems that mod doesn't like bob's tin ore.

I_Believe_in_You
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I_Believe_in_You wrote:
P.s Translated by Google
UPD. The problem with the drones is solved. No one was missing, just in the heat of rebuilding the plant manipulator pulled them into the logistics chests. Thanks.

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

bobselectronics sometimes crashes on load when I have all of angels mods but not bobsplates active.

Code: Select all

Failed to load mod "bobelectronics": __bobelectronics__/data-updates.lua:10: attempt to index field 'carbon' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__bobelectronics__/data-updates.lua:10: in main chunk
It seems like the error depends on loading order. With some mod compositions it works, with some not.
(Without knowing too much about the structure of your mods I would guess the check if the recipe category 'chemical-furnace' exists on line 9 is there to check if bobsplates is loaded (which then means that the 'carbon' recipe exists), but angels also adds that category... and also the recipe, but only in data-updates? weird)

Turns out that the problem is the mod Load-Furn, which unnecessarily(?) creates the recipe category.
So the problem is just that you just check if the category exists and not if the recipe exists.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

tiriscef wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:10 pm
bobselectronics sometimes crashes on load when I have all of angels mods but not bobsplates active.

Code: Select all

Failed to load mod "bobelectronics": __bobelectronics__/data-updates.lua:10: attempt to index field 'carbon' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__bobelectronics__/data-updates.lua:10: in main chunk
It seems like the error depends on loading order. With some mod compositions it works, with some not.
(Without knowing too much about the structure of your mods I would guess the check if the recipe category 'chemical-furnace' exists on line 9 is there to check if bobsplates is loaded (which then means that the 'carbon' recipe exists), but angels also adds that category... and also the recipe, but only in data-updates? weird)

Turns out that the problem is the mod Load-Furn, which unnecessarily(?) creates the recipe category.
So the problem is just that you just check if the category exists and not if the recipe exists.
I'll add it to my list of things to look into.
I also have a Patreon.

SGH
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SGH »

Sharing this here: Error with Space Exploration.

Thanks for your mods.

astarsearcher
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by astarsearcher »

I noticed either a balancing bug or prereq bug.

Utility science pack requires silver-zinc batteries, but only requires lithium-ion battery tech.

Seems it should either be lithium-ion item -> utility pack item or silver-zinc tech -> utility tech.

Similarly battery-3 (silver-zinc) requires production science pack and does not depend on the production science tech in any way.

The fact that battery-3 requires production science makes me think that utility science should require battery2 (lithium-ion) rather than battery3 (silver-zinc).

(I should note I am playing a combination of your mods and Angel's, though I think the issues above are localized to yours and not caused by interactions.)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

astarsearcher wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:02 pm
I noticed either a balancing bug or prereq bug.

Utility science pack requires silver-zinc batteries, but only requires lithium-ion battery tech.

Seems it should either be lithium-ion item -> utility pack item or silver-zinc tech -> utility tech.

Similarly battery-3 (silver-zinc) requires production science pack and does not depend on the production science tech in any way.

The fact that battery-3 requires production science makes me think that utility science should require battery2 (lithium-ion) rather than battery3 (silver-zinc).

(I should note I am playing a combination of your mods and Angel's, though I think the issues above are localized to yours and not caused by interactions.)
Battery-3 requiring production science pack, even though it depends on no other technologies that require it is no accident, it's just to make it cost something extra to give you the sense that it's higher tier than Lithium-Ion.
Considering the current layout, maybe it should cost Lithium-Ion batteries instead, I'll look into it.
I also have a Patreon.

embermctillhawk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by embermctillhawk »

There is a conflict between Bob's Metals Chemicals and Intermediaries and the Recycling Machines mod.

After a on_configuration_changed event is triggered, all of the recycling crafts for the vanilla starter craftable items are disabled.

In trying to track down the issue further, I added a line to the control.lua in bobplates to only loop through all the forces if the ZRecycling global is not present, because ZRecycling also loops through all forces and invokes reset_technology_effects(), which looks like it should be redundant with having both mods.

This does appear to resolve the issue, but I can't figure out which mod should actually contain the fix, because creating a stub mod which consists only of a control.lua with the code that doesn't check for ZRecycling does not cause issues, only the full bobplates mod, which would indicate that the fault is somewhere in bobplates, but that makes no sense because the only code changed is the loop for reset_technology_effects() and by itself that code doesn't break anything?

I have no idea what's going on here.

EDIT: Now checking if ZRecycling global is present no longer fixes the issue and I believe that my computer is supremely cursed.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, DRY411S figured out what was going on. No issue on the side of Bob's mods.

Return to “Bob's mods”