[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

Euroseph wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:26 am
Hi. New guy here.
I went through the conflicting mods list and narrowed it down to the electronics mod, but here's the error script:

Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for recipe prototype "advanced-circuit" (recipe): Duplicate item ingredients are not allowed (solder exists 2 or more times)

Mods to be disabled:
- bobelectronics
- pyhightech
- bobassembly
- bobelectronics
- pyhightech
- pyrawores

Not completely sure why it's showing two of some mods (I checked, and I have one of each installed)
I even went into the sprite folder and solder only shows up once on the bobelectronics mod file, so it beats me on what's causing this.
Any help is appreciated!
It'll be a Py mod.
Bob's Electronics completely redefines the recipe for "advanced-circuit" in the data stage, then adds solder if it exists in the data-updates stage, HOWEVER, it uses my library which has a function that checks if an item exists before adding it. depending which version I use, it will either increment the number of solder required (add_ingredient), or just not do anything if it exists (add_new_ingredient). I'm not sure which I've used in this case.

Py's mods on the other hand don't use my library. I've not really looked into how his mods go about adding new ingredients, but basically, it sounds like he's just performing a table.insert function (adding a new ingredient) without checking if it exists first. This kind of error is exactly why my library does what it does, and is used for all adding/removing items from recipes in my mods.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Masterfloc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Masterfloc »

Hi there,
I have problems with the boblogistics mod, as it currently prevents the game from loading. Message is the following:

"Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "express-underground-belt" (underground-belt): next_upgrade target (turbo-underground-belt) must have the same bounding box."

The problem seems to happen in all 0.17.X versions (from stable to the latest experimental), and doesn't seem to be a compatibility issue with other mods considering it also happens when loading only this mod (and the necessary base library).

Also, while I'm at it I just wanna throw some thanks for the amazing mod. It definitely gave us a few hundred hours of fun !

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Masterfloc wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:01 pm
Hi there,
I have problems with the boblogistics mod, as it currently prevents the game from loading. Message is the following:

"Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "express-underground-belt" (underground-belt): next_upgrade target (turbo-underground-belt) must have the same bounding box."

The problem seems to happen in all 0.17.X versions (from stable to the latest experimental), and doesn't seem to be a compatibility issue with other mods considering it also happens when loading only this mod (and the necessary base library).

Also, while I'm at it I just wanna throw some thanks for the amazing mod. It definitely gave us a few hundred hours of fun !
Are you using an older version of bob's logistics?
that sounds like an error from around the 0.17.35 area where they suddenly enforced the bounding boxes be the same size for all upgrades. The error will persist until you update the mod. (unless of course they broke it again in 0.17.73, which I doubt because you said you're having trouble in older experimental versions too... which if I recall only start after the error was introduced, as they delete older versions)
I also have a Patreon.

Masterfloc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Masterfloc »

It seems it was my game having an issue because uninstalling and reinstalling the mod seems to have bumped its version even though the game told me I had no mod update. So sorry, false report. Thanks for the fast answer !

Crazy_Rain
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crazy_Rain »

Having some Issues with Bobs Equipment, mainly while loading up, it gives me an error.

Mods to disable:
Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=96x32) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32).
If this is being used as an icon you may need to define the icon_size property.: bobequipment/graphics/icons/solar-panel-equipment-1.png

Mods to be disabled:
• Modular-Armor
• RampantArsenal
• SchallSuit
• Hiladdar_Gear
• bobequipment

It seems to be from Bobequipment, as it Mentions one of the Icons, and i'm able to launch fine, when starting up without it.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Sounds similar to :
Deadlock989 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:31 am
Teris wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 am
I have a crash on game start with Factorio 17.72, Industrial Revolution 1.0.6 and Rampant 0.17.28. The screenshot says the problem is with Rampant, but disabling Industrial Revolution fixes the problem as well, so I'm not sure which mod is causing the problem and if I should report it here or on the Rampant thread. I think the problem may be with IR, but please let me know.

Screenshot of error code: https://imgur.com/a/VvarWG3
This has been reported before. The bug is in Rampant. It is copying some vanilla item or icon prototype that IR has modified to use a high res 64x64 icon, and set a new sprite for the icon, but does not set the correct icon size (32x32) for the sprite that it sets. I am told you can work around it by loading Rampant without IR and disabling the specific biter faction that produces the "crystal drain thief" or whatever it is.

FWIW, every mod on the portal that makes this kind of mistake is going to break when the vanilla icon set eventually goes to all 64x64 pixels. If you set a new icon for an item, always set the icon size to match your sprite, because you don't know what other mods might have set a different icon size.
?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Crazy_Rain wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:55 am
Having some Issues with Bobs Equipment, mainly while loading up, it gives me an error.

Mods to disable:
Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=96x32) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32).
If this is being used as an icon you may need to define the icon_size property.: bobequipment/graphics/icons/solar-panel-equipment-1.png

Mods to be disabled:
• Modular-Armor
• RampantArsenal
• SchallSuit
• Hiladdar_Gear
• bobequipment

It seems to be from Bobequipment, as it Mentions one of the Icons, and i'm able to launch fine, when starting up without it.
from what I can tell, all 5 of those mods edit gear. One of them isn't compatible with bobequipment. (I'm not going to test which)

Looking at the code though, my mod does set this:
data.raw["solar-panel-equipment"]["solar-panel-equipment"].sprite.filename = "__bobequipment__/graphics/icons/solar-panel-equipment-1.png"
It's not exactly a safe operation, it assumes it's working with the default base game solar panel (Which it obviously isn't, as all 4 of the other mods in your list load first, and one has obviously changed it)
so yeah, one of those mods changes solar panels to be a 3x1 grid piece of equipment, and my mods don't take that into account.

My mod is trying to change the graphics to be colour coded for my tiers.
I also have a Patreon.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

The descriptions of the achievements related to circuit production still use the vanilla names of the circuits.

Apple
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Pollution Stat Bugged - Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by Apple »

In my save data, I have currently 0 mining drills in operation yet the polution stat shows over 20 drills in operation. With this situation, I have no control over the pollusion level which is game braking for me.
Attachments
Bob Rail.zip
(12.89 MiB) Downloaded 88 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pollution Stat Bugged - Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

Apple wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:09 pm
In my save data, I have currently 0 mining drills in operation yet the polution stat shows over 20 drills in operation. With this situation, I have no control over the pollusion level which is game braking for me.
You're not the first person to mention things like "where is all this pollution coming from?"
I do not know the cause, but it is recent. I suspect it could be something broken in the base game.
I also have a Patreon.

Apple
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Apple »

Thank you for your explanation. Also huge thanks for creating the amazing mod. Have a nice day!

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Electrolysis 2 requires 2 automation science packs per cycle.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mecejide wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:54 pm
Electrolysis 2 requires 2 automation science packs per cycle.
I'll make a note of it.

Keep in mind that sort of stuff used to be normal, it was only in 0.16 (I think) that they decided that all research should cost 1 of each of the packs on it's list.
I also have a Patreon.

Castorakles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Castorakles »

Hi, while trying to play Factorio with BobMods and Factorio Extended Plus i get the following Error:

Error while running setup for entity prototype "storage-tank" (storage-tank): next_upgrade target (storage-tank-mk2) must have the same fast_replacable_group (storage-tank != pipe). Mods, which have to be deactivated:

- FactorioExtended-Plus-Transport
- boblogistics
- attach-notes

A similar error code with pumps instead of storage tanks also appeared while trying to activate mods one at a time (Problem is always with bobslogistics and factorio extended plus as far as i tried.

All Mods are the latest version. Everyone was updated through factorio and then i tried dowloading them new after erasing the old ones - still the same error.

Any Idea how to fix that?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Castorakles wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:54 pm
Hi, while trying to play Factorio with BobMods and Factorio Extended Plus i get the following Error:

Error while running setup for entity prototype "storage-tank" (storage-tank): next_upgrade target (storage-tank-mk2) must have the same fast_replacable_group (storage-tank != pipe). Mods, which have to be deactivated:

- FactorioExtended-Plus-Transport
- boblogistics
- attach-notes

A similar error code with pumps instead of storage tanks also appeared while trying to activate mods one at a time (Problem is always with bobslogistics and factorio extended plus as far as i tried.

All Mods are the latest version. Everyone was updated through factorio and then i tried dowloading them new after erasing the old ones - still the same error.

Any Idea how to fix that?
long story short, they're not compatible.

There's the same issue with one of 5dim's mods and bobassembly with furnaces.

Basically, to make the upgrade planner work with my additional storage tanks, I add a fast replace group to each tank (in this case, I went with pipe because at the time when I added the storage tanks, many pipe-based entities including the pump use pipe as their group) and pump, then use the next_upgrade to specify what the planner wants to turn it into.
the pump already has a fast replace group of "pipe" set, from the old days when it was 1x1, and could just place it on a pipe to fast-replace and connect it, so I kept that group, but the storage tank never had one, so me choosing "pipe" was arbitrary.

The "Fix" would be either for them to change their mod to use the same group I did, or vica verca.
You could also have a 3rd party "Compatibility mod" (they are a few out there for popular packs) that load after the conflicting mods to patch up the conflicts and make them work together.

Although I'm still around to answer questions, I am not actively modding at the moment.
I also have a Patreon.

Beily
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beily »

Heya! First of all: sorry for my english.
I don't know is it bug or not, but I have issue with this mod: Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates
The issue is that after turn on mod - number of inventory slots is insane, I try show it by screeshots. Also, I use russian in game.
I have a lot of mods when i run a game, mb list of it can help:
"name": "base",
"name": "Additional-Turret-updated",
"name": "Advanced-Solar",
"name": "AngelBob",
"name": "angelsaddons-insulatedcablecoil",
"name": "angelsaddons-newlocales",
"name": "angelsaddons-oresilos",
"name": "angelsaddons-petrotrain",
"name": "angelsaddons-pressuretanks",
"name": "angelsaddons-refiningthorium",
"name": "angelsaddons-warehouses",
"name": "angelsbioprocessing",
"name": "angelsextended-remelting",
"name": "angelsindustries",
"name": "angelspetrochem",
"name": "angelsrefining",
"name": "angelssmelting",
"name": "angelssmelting-extended-upgradet",
"name": "AngelsUsedCoolant",
"name": "beautiful_bridge_railway",
"name": "beltSorter",
"name": "Better_Angels_Smelting",
"name": "bob-basic-belt-reskin",
"name": "bobassembly",
"name": "bobclasses",
"name": "bobelectronics",
"name": "bobenemies",
"name": "bobequipment",
"name": "bobgreenhouse",
"name": "bobinserters",
"name": "boblibrary",
"name": "boblocale",
"name": "bobmining",
"name": "bobmods_gfxtweak",
"name": "bobmodules",
"name": "bobores",
"name": "bobplates",
"enabled": true
"name": "bobpower",
"name": "bobrevamp",
"name": "bobtech",
"name": "bobvehicleequipment",
"name": "bobwarfare",
"name": "Bob_Power_Fix",
"name": "bullet-trails",
"name": "deadlock-beltboxes-loaders",
"name": "DragonIndustries",
"name": "Flare Stack",
"name": "Flow Control",
"name": "FuelTrainStop",
"name": "GDIW",
"name": "Geothermal",
"name": "Helicopters",
"name": "Honk",
"name": "KS_Power",
"name": "LoaderRedux",
"name": "miniloader",
"name": "MyRUS",
"name": "OpteraLib",
"name": "RadarGridGuide",
"name": "research-queue-the-old-new-thing",
"name": "reverse-factory",
"name": "robotarmy",
"name": "ShinyBobGFX",
"name": "ShinyIcons",
"name": "SmartTrains",
"name": "stdlib",
"name": "steinios_unlasting_oil",
"name": "TechTrains",
"name": "TheFatController",
"name": "upgrade-planner-next",
"name": "vtk-cannon-turret",
"name": "Waterfill_v17",
"name": "WaterWell",
"name": "Wood_Gasification",
"name": "yi_engines",
"name": "yi_railway",
"name": "Yi_Tech_Tree",
"name": "Yuoki",
"name": "z_yira_american",
"name": "z_yira_UP",
"name": "z_yira_yuokirails"
screenshots:

:?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Are you certain that the issue is from this mod ? (Why are you making things more complicated to debug by running all the other mods ?)

Beily
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beily »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:36 pm
Are you certain that the issue is from this mod ? (Why are you making things more complicated to debug by running all the other mods ?)
I placed all mods that was on when i first saw it, i'm certain bcse i started new game with only this mod and mods that it need, then i turn off this mod and load game - slots was fine

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I'm pretty sure that bobplates only needs boblibrary ?
(Also, IIRC one of bob's mods has a setting that changes character slots, check them out ?)

Beily
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beily »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:37 pm
I'm pretty sure that bobplates only needs boblibrary ?
(Also, IIRC one of bob's mods has a setting that changes character slots, check them out ?)
:oops: Oh, i forgot, that mods have settings, i found, that it was 250 slots, but i only now opened it, so it still a riddle for me, why it was set to 250.
Welp, it looks, like it solved, but i realised just now, that i can build on whole map without limit, mod "Big Bags (more space in bags +longer reach)" is off, I try to find what mod can cause this. :?
Thank for help!

Return to “Bob's mods”