[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Mike Rosoft
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by Mike Rosoft »

@XELANAMYT: Did you make sure that all "Bob's" and "Angel's" mods are enabled? (The game automatically disabled the incompatible mods.)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

XELANAMYT wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:22 pm
I just updated the game and due to the above issue (and others related to Angel's mods) I reverted to 0.17.66.

However when I loaded up my game after I reverted the version 3 recipes were removed for some reason (a popup informed me). They were all the recipes from Bob's pumps (water, purified water and lithia water I think). This kinda breaks my game as I utilize those pumps in quite a few places where generating purified water is just awkward.

My character inventory has been chopped in half too for some reason, but I don't know what the reason for that it.

The main issue I have is that if I reverted to a previous version and then loaded a saved game from yesterday, why would those recipes get removed? It doesn't make sense as everything should be the same as it was yesterday!

p.s. I haven't updated any mods either so that wouldn't be the issue.
It seems, that mod-settings.dat gets resetted to defaults (or something), if you revert to the older version. I had the same and just copied mod-settings.dat back from my backup folder.
If you don't have a backup, you should be able to change the startup settings to correct values before loading the save, if you remember them...

I don't know, if that's the cause, buts its likely.

Mike Rosoft
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mike Rosoft »

For the record, I am attaching the game log: 1) missing files in bobassembly and bobplates; 2) there are also some warnings like "Technology personal-roboport-equipment-2 does not exist."
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
Factorio log in 0.17.67
(35.47 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

schmerzlich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by schmerzlich »

Hello Bob,

I've got an problem on my nitrado server after a few hours of playing:

8.311 Error Util.cpp:83: Error while running setup for entity prototype "pump" (pump): next_upgrade target (bob-pump-2) must have the same bounding box.
Modifications: Base mod › Bob's Logistics mod

maybe you know a fix. because after downloading the savegame I could load it without any problems. I think, it must have something to do with the newer 0.17.67 version on the server. We startet with the 0.17.66.

I will update my game to .67 and see, if there are any mods to update.

Mike Rosoft
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mike Rosoft »

@XELANAMYT: In addition, I have found out after re-installing Factorio that some or all of of the mod settings have been reset; this also may disable some of the technologies and related items (for example, I have specifically enabled the super spawner in Bob's mods, and need to manually re-enable it).

Kenesh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kenesh »

schmerzlich wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:45 pm
Hello Bob,

I've got an problem on my nitrado server after a few hours of playing:

8.311 Error Util.cpp:83: Error while running setup for entity prototype "pump" (pump): next_upgrade target (bob-pump-2) must have the same bounding box.
Modifications: Base mod › Bob's Logistics mod

maybe you know a fix. because after downloading the savegame I could load it without any problems. I think, it must have something to do with the newer 0.17.67 version on the server. We startet with the 0.17.66.

I will update my game to .67 and see, if there are any mods to update.
Hi, I have the same issue. After updating to the latest beta it looks like the mods don't recognise the bob library mod - it's reported as missing.
Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

XELANAMYT wrote:
I just updated the game and due to the above issue (and others related to Angel's mods) I reverted to 0.17.66.

However when I loaded up my game after I reverted the version 3 recipes were removed for some reason (a popup informed me). They were all the recipes from Bob's pumps (water, purified water and lithia water I think). This kinda breaks my game as I utilize those pumps in quite a few places where generating purified water is just awkward.

My character inventory has been chopped in half too for some reason, but I don't know what the reason for that it.

The main issue I have is that if I reverted to a previous version and then loaded a saved game from yesterday, why would those recipes get removed? It doesn't make sense as everything should be the same as it was yesterday!

Updating the game, then reverting will cause all mod options to revert to default. you'll need to turn the water bore options again.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

yblondinca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by yblondinca »

I am getting the same error as some of the users above when trying to load a map with Bob's Logistics installed:

"Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "pump" (pump): next_upgrade target (bob-pump-2) must have the same bounding box.

Mods to be disabled:
boblogistics"

Any ideas? I tried updating the mods to the most recent version. Using them as part of the SeaBlock pack.

Thanks!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

yblondinca wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:29 pm
I am getting the same error as some of the users above when trying to load a map with Bob's Logistics installed:

"Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "pump" (pump): next_upgrade target (bob-pump-2) must have the same bounding box.

Mods to be disabled:
boblogistics"

Any ideas? I tried updating the mods to the most recent version. Using them as part of the SeaBlock pack.

Thanks!
I posted the patch notes, then screwed up the uploads, so it took me a few minutes to actually upload the latest version.

The fix should be up and ready to download now.
I also have a Patreon.

yblondinca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by yblondinca »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:58 pm
I posted the patch notes, then screwed up the uploads, so it took me a few minutes to actually upload the latest version.

The fix worked. Thanks for the quick reaction Bob!

Now I can try to finally get robots going in my SeaBlock playthrough :D

XELANAMYT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XELANAMYT »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:39 pm
XELANAMYT wrote:

Updating the game, then reverting will cause all mod options to revert to default. you'll need to turn the water bore options again.
Thanks for the reply. I can't remember all my options and haven't got a backup of the mod-settings.dat so I'll try and change it manually.
How do you change that file as the .dat format doesn't seem to be readable in any normal editor?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

XELANAMYT wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:39 pm
XELANAMYT wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I can't remember all my options and haven't got a backup of the mod-settings.dat so I'll try and change it manually.
How do you change that file as the .dat format doesn't seem to be readable in any normal editor?
There are special tools available that can edit it (see the Tools section of the forums), but for the most part... back it up, if there's an issue with a mod, delete it. That's about all you can do with "Official support".
I also have a Patreon.

Biblicalflood
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Biblicalflood »

bobingabout wrote:

Can confirm patch fixed loading issues with bobassemblers. Thanks for the fast update, Bob. You're a prime example of why the Factorio modding community is awesome.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Biblicalflood wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:13 am
bobingabout wrote:

Can confirm patch fixed loading issues with bobassemblers. Thanks for the fast update, Bob. You're a prime example of why the Factorio modding community is awesome.
Hopefully soon I'll make use of the new chemical plant graphics.
I also have a Patreon.

OldWhovian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by OldWhovian »

Hey Bobbing, I'm seeing the following error after updating, if you think this is more applicable to Angel's mods I'll post this there instead/in addition to:

Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=1050x0, right_bottom=1400x219) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=1249x222).: __base__/graphics/entity/chemical-plant/hr-chemical-plant-shadow.png

Mods to be disabled:
ShinyAngelGFX
ShinyBobGFX
angelspetrochem
angelsrefining
bobassembly
bobplates

Kenesh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kenesh »

bobingabout wrote:
yblondinca wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:29 pm

Mods to be disabled:
boblogistics"

Thanks!

Thanks so much Bob, you are amazing!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

OldWhovian wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:14 am
Hey Bobbing, I'm seeing the following error after updating, if you think this is more applicable to Angel's mods I'll post this there instead/in addition to:

Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=1050x0, right_bottom=1400x219) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=1249x222).: __base__/graphics/entity/chemical-plant/hr-chemical-plant-shadow.png

Mods to be disabled:
ShinyAngelGFX
ShinyBobGFX
angelspetrochem
angelsrefining
bobassembly
bobplates
My guess would be angels.

My most recent change to fix the missing green patch error was basically to copy the existing(old) chemical plant graphics into bobassembly, and then change the path to use that instead of base, so if it's complaining about a chemical plant graphic (which it is) in base, then it's not bobassembly (and that's the only mod that plays with the chemical plant itself, others like bobplates and bobrevamp might change it's unlock, which is different).
I also have a Patreon.

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

The error lies with ShinyBobGFX; best to disable that mod or copy what Bob did over to it,

OldWhovian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by OldWhovian »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:40 am
OldWhovian wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:14 am

Mods to be disabled:
ShinyAngelGFX
ShinyBobGFX
angelspetrochem
angelsrefining
bobassembly
bobplates
My guess would be angels.

My most recent change to fix the missing green patch error was basically to copy the existing(old) chemical plant graphics into bobassembly, and then change the path to use that instead of base, so if it's complaining about a chemical plant graphic (which it is) in base, then it's not bobassembly (and that's the only mod that plays with the chemical plant itself, others like bobplates and bobrevamp might change it's unlock, which is different).
Thank you!!

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Is it intended that oil burning heat sources have neighborhood bonuses? That can generate a lot more power.

Return to “Bob's mods”