[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by Termak »

Cant you just turn off the belt changes though?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Termak wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:58 pm
Cant you just turn off the belt changes though?
yes, in the mod options, startup, Bob's logistics mod section, turn off the Transport belt overhaul.

I think the issue is that the rollback to a previous version reset his settings, and certain saves don't load.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:41 pm
I think the issue is that the rollback to a previous version reset his settings
It's certainly a puzzling thing. I've reverted versions several times in the past, yet most of the configuration hasn't changed since I set them when mod settings were implemented. I fear the day it does occur as there's a lot of settings to comb through.

Hopefully the reason for this is eventually found as it seems to happen to some more than others.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Light wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:02 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:41 pm
I think the issue is that the rollback to a previous version reset his settings
It's certainly a puzzling thing. I've reverted versions several times in the past, yet most of the configuration hasn't changed since I set them when mod settings were implemented. I fear the day it does occur as there's a lot of settings to comb through.

Hopefully the reason for this is eventually found as it seems to happen to some more than others.
I've had it happen to me, only when working with source access stuff, but simply changing a branch can put you 30 versions behind. if you compile and run the game in that state, it happens.
fortunately I have a backup copy and just restore mod-settings.dat from an older version.
I also have a Patreon.

pAckmAn4000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pAckmAn4000 »

I'm feeling very stupid now. I just realised that the game config is not linked saves. I always thought that once the config is chosen in the start it cannot be changed afterwards...

So I can continue playing :mrgreen: Sorry for that everyone.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

I don't know if this is a problem with Bob's or vanilla.

When using the upgrade planner, I can't select a normal pumpjack as the to-be-replaced item. It only lists pumpjack 2-5. So I'm unable to upgrade existing vanilla pumpjacks with the upgrade planner.

Is this because in vanilla, there would be nothing you could replace a pumpjack with?

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

The Electrolyzers do not follow the 'new' color schemes from your recent overhauls. Right now, their color order is yellow, purple, red, green. Should these be similar to the Chemical Plants: Red, Blue, Purple, Green?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:24 pm

When using the upgrade planner, I can't select a normal pumpjack as the to-be-replaced item. It only lists pumpjack 2-5. So I'm unable to upgrade existing vanilla pumpjacks with the upgrade planner.

Is this because in vanilla, there would be nothing you could replace a pumpjack with?
It's probably in a different fast replace group, or maybe doesn't even have any, I'll look into it.
RocketManChronicles wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:11 pm
The Electrolyzers do not follow the 'new' color schemes from your recent overhauls. Right now, their color order is yellow, purple, red, green. Should these be similar to the Chemical Plants: Red, Blue, Purple, Green?
The colours are burned in to the different versions, and there's actually 2 different styles for the low tier and higher tier.
In theory, the "quick" way would be either to use the recolours someone else did, or swap them around so they're in the correct colour order, even if they start at yellow and have blue missing.

To do it properly, I'd have to edit the graphics, at the very least to make a mask before I can change their colours, I just haven't done it yet.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:47 pm
RocketManChronicles wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:11 pm
The colours are burned in to the different versions, and there's actually 2 different styles for the low tier and higher tier.
In theory, the "quick" way would be either to use the recolours someone else did, or swap them around so they're in the correct colour order, even if they start at yellow and have blue missing.

To do it properly, I'd have to edit the graphics, at the very least to make a mask before I can change their colours, I just haven't done it yet.
It really doesn't bother me too much, just more or less something I wanted to point out in case it was overlooked. :)

Rustmine22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rustmine22 »

Hello, Bobingabout
I can no longer use Bobs's logistics due to setting the mod settings, the underground transport being set to 1000 will crash the game and when I restart this happens. >
Logistics error.PNG
Logistics error.PNG (15.57 KiB) Viewed 5089 times

If you have a way for me to set it to a low number/ put a number cap on it that would be great.

Sincerely Rustmine22

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Rustmine22 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:23 am
Hello, Bobingabout
I can no longer use Bobs's logistics due to setting the mod settings, the underground transport being set to 1000 will crash the game and when I restart this happens. > Logistics error.PNG
If you have a way for me to set it to a low number/ put a number cap on it that would be great.

Sincerely Rustmine22
I thought there already was a cap on it. what version are you using?

you'll need to delete mod-settings.dat inside the mods folder to make the game work again. settings are remembered now, so you can't just disable the mod, then re-enable it.

EDIT: Yes, they do have limits

Code: Select all

{
    type = "int-setting",
    name = "bobmods-logistics-beltstarting",
    setting_type = "startup",
    default_value = 3,
    minimum_value = 1,
    maximum_value = 101,
  },
  {
    type = "int-setting",
    name = "bobmods-logistics-beltperlevel",
    default_value = 4,
    minimum_value = 0,
    maximum_value = 30,
  },
  {
    type = "int-setting",
    name = "bobmods-logistics-pipestarting",
    default_value = 11,
    minimum_value = 1,
    maximum_value = 101,
  },
  {
    type = "int-setting",
    name = "bobmods-logistics-pipeperlevel",
    default_value = 4,
    minimum_value = 0,
    maximum_value = 30,
  },
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:47 pm
enchant wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:24 pm

It's probably in a different fast replace group, or maybe doesn't even have any, I'll look into it.
Okay, I looked into it. Even in base, the normal pumpjack has a fast replace group of "pumpjack", and my modded pumpjacks use the same one. therefore, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Are you possibly using any other mods that might change the base game pumpjacks fast replace group?
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:46 am
Okay, I looked into it. Even in base, the normal pumpjack has a fast replace group of "pumpjack", and my modded pumpjacks use the same one. therefore, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Are you possibly using any other mods that might change the base game pumpjacks fast replace group?
Not as far as I know. I'm using several of yours, Angels warehouses, squeek thru, picker extended, auto deconstruct, long reach, and nanobots.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enchant wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:58 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:46 am

Not as far as I know. I'm using several of yours, Angels warehouses, squeek thru, picker extended, auto deconstruct, long reach, and nanobots.
I looked again. They collission box size is different. They made a change a few versions ago that forced same size collission boxes.
I also have a Patreon.

jacew
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jacew »

I'm seeing an issue with Assemblers and their crafting speed. Currently using level 4 assemblers which should have a crafting speed of 2, but when crafting Chemical Science packs as a test (craft time of 14 seconds), it's taking 14 seconds. With the 2x crafting speed this should be 7 seconds. Swapping to the level 5 assemblers the crafting time drops, but only down to 12 seconds, not the ~5 it should be. Am I missing something here?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

jacew wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm
I'm seeing an issue with Assemblers and their crafting speed. Currently using level 4 assemblers which should have a crafting speed of 2, but when crafting Chemical Science packs as a test (craft time of 14 seconds), it's taking 14 seconds. With the 2x crafting speed this should be 7 seconds. Swapping to the level 5 assemblers the crafting time drops, but only down to 12 seconds, not the ~5 it should be. Am I missing something here?
are you sure there's nothing else affecting their crafting speed, such as having low power?
I also have a Patreon.

jacew
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jacew »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:33 am
jacew wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm
are you sure there's nothing else affecting their crafting speed, such as having low power?
Power is ok no issue there. I'll try and get a recording of it later. Are there any other modifiers that would affect the speed negatively? We're running all your mods and Angels and a few other quality of life mods, nothing that should affect the speed of the assemblers. The electronics assemblers seems to be working as intended.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

What does the tooltip say under "Crafting Speed"?
EDIT: I mean the placed assembler with the selected recipe. Some things like prod mod or anything other could change the crafting speed. Just to be sure.
Also, UPS drop could change real time speed..

Biblicalflood
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Biblicalflood »

Version 0.17.67 breaks bobsassembly.
factorio bobs bug2.png
factorio bobs bug2.png (18.51 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
Game folder no longer has that file.

XELANAMYT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XELANAMYT »

I just updated the game and due to the above issue (and others related to Angel's mods) I reverted to 0.17.66.

However when I loaded up my game after I reverted the version 3 recipes were removed for some reason (a popup informed me). They were all the recipes from Bob's pumps (water, purified water and lithia water I think). This kinda breaks my game as I utilize those pumps in quite a few places where generating purified water is just awkward.

My character inventory has been chopped in half too for some reason, but I don't know what the reason for that it.

The main issue I have is that if I reverted to a previous version and then loaded a saved game from yesterday, why would those recipes get removed? It doesn't make sense as everything should be the same as it was yesterday!

p.s. I haven't updated any mods either so that wouldn't be the issue.

Return to “Bob's mods”