[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

Knightof0suzaku wrote: ↑
Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 pm
I have noticed that the greenhouse mod seems to have an inconsistent amount of wood or seedlings returned made wood and got 20 instead of 15 for example made seedlings and it can give less or more then what should be given
Yes, it has a random amount of results between 2 numbers. the game doesn't tell you the minimum and maximum, it only tells you the average.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote: ↑
Sun May 12, 2019 9:59 pm
I have noticed that the greenhouse mod seems to have an inconsistent amount of wood or seedlings returned made wood and got 20 instead of 15 for example made seedlings and it can give less or more then what should be given
Yes, it has a random amount of results between 2 numbers. the game doesn't tell you the minimum and maximum, it only tells you the average.
new version...
2019-05-13_11-06-13.png
2019-05-13_11-06-13.png (74.77 KiB) Viewed 6101 times
2019-05-13_11-07-23.png
2019-05-13_11-07-23.png (80.66 KiB) Viewed 6100 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote: ↑
Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 am
new version...

2019-05-13_11-06-13.png
2019-05-13_11-07-23.png
Read change log. It's built into the mod.
it tells you that the removed equipment is now in it's own Equipment mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobequipment
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

@Bobingabout:

The several new items you have in the personal equipment mod are really nice! I like having the options to tweak myself in certain ways to be more effective with different armors. Now I can tailor my engineering one more to its specialization over my military one. Thank you!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Mon May 13, 2019 2:28 pm
@Bobingabout:

The several new items you have in the personal equipment mod are really nice! I like having the options to tweak myself in certain ways to be more effective with different armors. Now I can tailor my engineering one more to its specialization over my military one. Thank you!
You're welcome.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 pm
Airat9000 wrote: ↑
Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 am
new version...

2019-05-13_11-06-13.png
2019-05-13_11-07-23.png
Read change log. It's built into the mod.
it tells you that the removed equipment is now in it's own Equipment mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobequipment
thanks!!

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Not sure if this is a bug with Bob's or Angel's, but when I install the full suite of both, I have 2 sets of Chemical Plants. I have posted this over on Angel's bug thread, but posting here too in case it's a bob issue.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

This may be more of a request, or even a question to understand better. Is there a priority as to where logistic bots go for a recharge? It seems in a few cases they like to prefer the Robochest over the charging pads next to it. And a 1x charging rate versus a 9x charging rate, piles up the bots in a halo around the Robochest while recharging pads sit under them unsued.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Sat May 18, 2019 4:22 pm
This may be more of a request, or even a question to understand better. Is there a priority as to where logistic bots go for a recharge? It seems in a few cases they like to prefer the Robochest over the charging pads next to it. And a 1x charging rate versus a 9x charging rate, piles up the bots in a halo around the Robochest while recharging pads sit under them unsued.
as far as I can tell, there's no way for a modder to control the priority of roboports when a robot wants to try and recharge. Do they have charge pads? that's about the only control you have with it.

As for why the robochest has a charge pad at all, I've explained this before, Robots will want to charge before they dock, at the roboport they're trying to dock with. if a Robochest has no charge pads, then robots will approach then stop waiting to use a non-existent charge pad.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Ok, that makes sense. Then maybe they are trying to dock, but are then called for going somewhere else before their turn.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Sat May 18, 2019 4:46 pm
Ok, that makes sense. Then maybe they are trying to dock, but are then called for going somewhere else before their turn.
or just see that there's a charge pad there, and try to use it, because it's closest.
I also have a Patreon.

abcnever
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abcnever »

I finally reached the tech level where I research `Boiler 5` and `Oil burning boiler 4`. However whenever I try to click on either of these two tech the game just freezes. It's not like the freeze you get whenever you finish researching a technology. It just freezes forever. Anybody knows where can I start to report this bug properly?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

abcnever wrote: ↑
Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 am
I finally reached the tech level where I research `Boiler 5` and `Oil burning boiler 4`. However whenever I try to click on either of these two tech the game just freezes. It's not like the freeze you get whenever you finish researching a technology. It just freezes forever. Anybody knows where can I start to report this bug properly?
I'd probably say in the bug reporting forum, posting the savegame, and how to reproduce the issue, and of possible mods too.

I did check, and I don't get this issue.
I also have a Patreon.

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

If I use the upgrade planner tool to replace all fast inserters with ultimate stack inserters, it marks the fast inserters, but doesn't replace them.

Latest 17.x Factorio
All mods updated
Although I've researched robots, I haven't made any yet. I'm using nanobots.
As far as I can tell, everything else is getting replaced fine using the planner.
I definitely do have plenty of ultimate stack inserters and nanobots in my inventory.

Edit: I just loaded a game where I had normal construction bots and the fast -> ultimate stack replacement worked fine. So this appears to have something to do with nanobots. Not a Bob's problem?

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

enchant wrote: ↑
Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 pm
If I use the upgrade planner tool to replace all fast inserters with ultimate stack inserters, it marks the fast inserters, but doesn't replace them.

Latest 17.x Factorio
All mods updated
Although I've researched robots, I haven't made any yet. I'm using nanobots.
As far as I can tell, everything else is getting replaced fine using the planner.
I definitely do have plenty of ultimate stack inserters and nanobots in my inventory.

Edit: I just loaded a game where I had normal construction bots and the fast -> ultimate stack replacement worked fine. So this appears to have something to do with nanobots. Not a Bob's problem?
Seems like the same issue I reported to nanobots a day or two ago. You can find it here: https://github.com/Nexela/Nanobots/issues/95

Might want to pile on with your info for easier debug and repair.

abcnever
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abcnever »

Sun May 19, 2019 3:34 pm
abcnever wrote: ↑
Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 am
I'd probably say in the bug reporting forum, posting the savegame, and how to reproduce the issue, and of possible mods too.

I did check, and I don't get this issue.
sorry to bother you bob. it was caused by another mod called science cost tweaker :) just had to untick the option called "connect science packs"

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

evandy wrote: ↑
Sun May 19, 2019 10:56 pm
Seems like the same issue I reported to nanobots a day or two ago. You can find it here: https://github.com/Nexela/Nanobots/issues/95

Might want to pile on with your info for easier debug and repair.
Done.

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlueMarkers »

Running into the following error when trying to load Bob's with Angel's on 0.17.42. No prior issues as of yesterday before updating MCI.
Attachments
BPError.PNG
BPError.PNG (73.09 KiB) Viewed 5744 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

BlueMarkers wrote: ↑
Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 pm
Running into the following error when trying to load Bob's with Angel's on 0.17.42. No prior issues as of yesterday before updating MCI.
I'm aware of this issue. I've poked angel with it, but there's not a lot I can do (unless I release another mod specifically to fix this issue)

It's because I've updated a lot of icons to size 64. Angel replaces some of my icons, such as the Aluminium plate in that screenshot, with his own version. However, his are size 32, and he just assumes the previous version was also size 32, not setting it as a specific value when he changes the icon.
The code therefore still says the icon is size 64 from my mod, but is presented with a size 32 graphic by Angel's mod, and fails.

The correct fix is for Angel to set icon_size = 32 on all icons he replaces with a size 32 graphic.
there are other possible fixes, such as you manually resizing the erroring icons in angels mod, or replacing them with the graphics for those icons from my mod, or even adding the icon_size = 32 tags to angels mod.

but for the moment, I would suggest reverting to 0.17.6 of bobplates, it's available on the mod portal.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobplates/downloads
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Tue May 21, 2019 6:24 pm
BlueMarkers wrote: ↑
Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 pm
I'm aware of this issue. I've poked angel with it, but there's not a lot I can do (unless I release another mod specifically to fix this issue)

It's because I've updated a lot of icons to size 64. Angel replaces some of my icons, such as the Aluminium plate in that screenshot, with his own version. However, his are size 32, and he just assumes the previous version was also size 32, not setting it as a specific value when he changes the icon.
The code therefore still says the icon is size 64 from my mod, but is presented with a size 32 graphic by Angel's mod, and fails.

The correct fix is for Angel to set icon_size = 32 on all icons he replaces with a size 32 graphic.
there are other possible fixes, such as you manually resizing the erroring icons in angels mod, or replacing them with the graphics for those icons from my mod, or even adding the icon_size = 32 tags to angels mod.

but for the moment, I would suggest reverting to 0.17.6 of bobplates, it's available on the mod portal.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobplates/downloads
;) find bug
max
2019-05-23_18-04-53.png
2019-05-23_18-04-53.png (48.07 KiB) Viewed 5524 times
I noticed such a bug
if you re-install the code from the new game download or even put the settings in this way, the game does not normally generate Thorium, and quartz 2 main resources.
Rutile, cobal, zinc normally generates.
Less other resources.

Space exploration I use mod

Return to β€œBob's mods”