[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

Aphelius wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:17 pm
After finishing Chemical Processing 2 research the game crashed
Listing that specific technology, it could be due to a recent change of mine, however, all Angel Bob combinations are usually looked at by Angel, because he modifies a lot of stuff from my mods.
if it turns out being an issue with my mods, I'll update accordingly, but I'm going to throw this at Angel for now.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Hey Bob,
I think that Bob Revamp really alters Rocketry's requirements when you play with Bob + Angels.

Below I have 3 screen shots. Vanilla, Bob + Revamp and Angels + Bob + Revamp.
With the last one, rocketry get's put behind Rocket Fuel that costs Chemical and Utility Science.
Before Rocketry was a somewhat early tier Military Tech, but after this change it really becomes a much later tech...

Thoughts?
Seems very pricey :)
Vanilla:

Bob+Revamp

Angels + Bob + Revamp

Thanks.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Note that even in vanilla, rocketry is quite a bit later in 0.17 compared to 0.16 - rocket fuel is pretty expensive for a green science !
(But there clearly seems to be a bug in AB... and since it's AB, and B alone seems to be mostly fine, the issue probably comes from Angel's side ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

TheSAguy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:35 pm
Hey Bob,
I think that Bob Revamp really alters Rocketry's requirements when you play with Bob + Angels.

Below I have 3 screen shots. Vanilla, Bob + Revamp and Angels + Bob + Revamp.
With the last one, rocketry get's put behind Rocket Fuel that costs Chemical and Utility Science.
Before Rocketry was a somewhat early tier Military Tech, but after this change it really becomes a much later tech...

Thoughts?
Seems very pricey :)

Thanks.
well, you'll have to blame angel for that, I can't control what he changes.
My tree doesn't look too bad, it basically just puts the hydrazine chain as a requirement for rocket fuel, and splits up the oil tech, but otherwise keeps a vanilla layout.
I also have a Patreon.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

Factorio 0.17.23 fucks up bobpower:
FactorioBot wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:57 pm
  • Renamed "electric-energy-accumulators-1" to "electric-energy-accumulators".

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

MageKing17 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
I think that the below also breaks Bob's Logistics and Bob's Warefare.
FactorioBot wrote:
  • The game now checks that technology levels are contiguous.

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

MageKing17 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Which in turn bugs out the entire Bob's mods because when you disable this mod you get a base error that tells you that the order of techs doesn't match (accumulators 1 followed by accumulators 3) and it ONLY allows for the option to disable ALL mods (not just bob's).

For the last hour I've been trying to work around this (I play with WAY more mods than just bob's) but I'm about to give up....seems like a LOT of my mods are dependant on Bob's to work.....considder THAT a compliment of how antsy I am to see a fix for this....2500hrs and I'm not even in the mood to play if Bob's, Angel's, Yuoki's and Pyanodons don't work; the game would be so.....vanilla ;)

EDIT: some 30 restarts later and I have officially given up xD

Vaaz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vaaz »

If you go into steam, properties, beta, change it to 17.22, it will revert back to the previous patch and everything works fine.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, I had to change the prerequisite as mentioned in the changelogs for accumulators to fix bobpower

I also had to change bob-logistics-0, 4 and 5 internally to logistics-0, 4 and 5 to fix boblogistics.
and energy-shield-equipment-3 to 6 and battery-equipment-3 to 6 to include a bob- prefix, because the base game calls them energy-shield-equipment and energy-shield-mk2-equipment, and same for battery.

All mods are updated with a full changelog back to 0.15.0, new mod thumbnail and full mod description.

All other mods will follow suit when they're updated, these 3 were kind of rushed because of this issue.
I also have a Patreon.

Evgeni
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Evgeni »

Hi

I started playing 0.17 few weeks ago. When i try to play all bob's mod pack i have a strange issue.
I don't see the usual tech tree with all the material processing nodes. Also, all advanced materials seem to disappear from the recopies (greenhouse now uses iron copper and stone - not glass!)

What am i missing?

behrooz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by behrooz »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 pm
Okay, I had to change the prerequisite as mentioned in the changelogs for accumulators to fix bobpower

I also had to change bob-logistics-0, 4 and 5 internally to logistics-0, 4 and 5 to fix boblogistics.
and energy-shield-equipment-3 to 6 and battery-equipment-3 to 6 to include a bob- prefix, because the base game calls them energy-shield-equipment and energy-shield-mk2-equipment, and same for battery.

All mods are updated with a full changelog back to 0.15.0, new mod thumbnail and full mod description.

All other mods will follow suit when they're updated, these 3 were kind of rushed because of this issue.
Cool! This is excellent news, thank you for all of your hard work! The changelogs are very useful when I do not have time to keep up with the forums.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Evgeni wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:32 am
Hi

I started playing 0.17 few weeks ago. When i try to play all bob's mod pack i have a strange issue.
I don't see the usual tech tree with all the material processing nodes. Also, all advanced materials seem to disappear from the recopies (greenhouse now uses iron copper and stone - not glass!)

What am i missing?
It sounds like for some reason bobplates (Metals, chemicals and intermediates) isn't active.
I also have a Patreon.

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

cross posting this here, also posted on the big-bags mod thread:

mod conflict with factorio version 17.23 and bob's logsitics 17.5 and big bags 1.0.30.
something about "factorio failed to load mods technology worker-robots-storage infinite research followed by level 5"
i believe bobs is setting worker storage to infinite, and big-bags is trying to extend it to 5, and i have no idea how to disable that portion of big-bags mod.
under older versions, it would just leave a dead tech, now its throwing an exception and the game wont run with the conflict.

Edit: was able to disable the techs in bigbags to fix, data.lua line 222 commented out (--add_technos("worker-robots-storage",4,10,-1))

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

HurkWurk wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:50 am
cross posting this here, also posted on the big-bags mod thread:

mod conflict with factorio version 17.23 and bob's logsitics 17.5 and big bags 1.0.30.
something about "factorio failed to load mods technology worker-robots-storage infinite research followed by level 5"
i believe bobs is setting worker storage to infinite, and big-bags is trying to extend it to 5, and i have no idea how to disable that portion of big-bags mod.
under older versions, it would just leave a dead tech, now its throwing an exception and the game wont run with the conflict.

Edit: was able to disable the techs in bigbags to fix, data.lua line 222 commented out (--add_technos("worker-robots-storage",4,10,-1))
Under normal situations this shouldn't be an issue, but yeah... changes, multiple mods... blah.
Maybe I should change my worker-robots-storage-4 to bob-infinite-worker-robots-storage instead, which branches off at 3 when you install big bags.
I also have a Patreon.

Evgeni
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Evgeni »

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:50 am
Evgeni wrote:
Hi

What am i missing?
It sounds like for some reason bobplates (Metals, chemicals and intermediates) isn't active.
Makes since... unfortunately i could not fix it... any ideas?
Disabled all other mods (Rampant, Factorissimo2, Text plates) tried reinstalling... still same problem.
to be sure i deleted the in-game install and downloading directly from the forum - nothing seems to work.
Any suggestion how to solve it?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Evgeni wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:51 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:50 am
Evgeni wrote:
Hi

What am i missing?
Makes since... unfortunately i could not fix it... any ideas?
Disabled all other mods (Rampant, Factorissimo2, Text plates) tried reinstalling... still same problem.
to be sure i deleted the in-game install and downloading directly from the forum - nothing seems to work.
Any suggestion how to solve it?
the latest bobplates has a requirement of 0.17.12, if you're running an older version, it simply just doesn't load. are you using an old version?
I believe this is related to the new pollution generation methods, it all changed in 0.17.12.
I also have a Patreon.

Evgeni
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Evgeni »

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:10 pm

the latest bobplates has a requirement of 0.17.12, if you're running an older version, it simply just doesn't load. are you using an old version?
I believe this is related to the new pollution generation methods, it all changed in 0.17.12.
Installed newest version.. That works!

Thank you so much! You are really amazing! :D

AngelSeeker
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AngelSeeker »

This is my first ever report of any kind. I don't have any background in what errors do or how to fix it or of what errors mean by referencing code to any degree.

I don't know if this is bob's related and I have a lot of other mods active(attached).
Mods that are not on the list which work with the rest of the list are:
Long reach
FE+ - core; equipment, machines, power, transport, storage, weaponry

As soon as i activate the following mods the error (infinite robot storage)(attached) forces all mods to be deactivated.
Big bags (updated 27 days ago)(there is a report on this also between bob's and big bags on big bags forum)
FE+ - logistics (updated 27 days ago)

These 2 mods did work about 2 or 3 days ago. Don't know which bob's mod was updated latest as there are many. So my presumption that it could be bob's may be wrong and if so i apologize.

Thank you for the very in depth mods.
Attachments
factorio error 31.03.2019 - worker robot storage.png
factorio error 31.03.2019 - worker robot storage.png (18.08 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
factorio active mods 31.03.2019.png
factorio active mods 31.03.2019.png (68.14 KiB) Viewed 4529 times

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

Since the 0.17.23 update and subsequent Bob's update, I find that all of my plastic pipes that I laid down are suddenly one sector short. It appears that when I laid them down a few days ago, they were able to span 21 sectors, but now, only 20. Is this something I can fix without having to tear up and re-lay the pipes?

Edit:
Uh-oh. I wonder if there is just something badly broken on my end. I'm finding a few things that aren't long enough. I've seen a few underground belts that aren't reaching anymore.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

enchant wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:04 am
Since the 0.17.23 update and subsequent Bob's update, I find that all of my plastic pipes that I laid down are suddenly one sector short. It appears that when I laid them down a few days ago, they were able to span 21 sectors, but now, only 20. Is this something I can fix without having to tear up and re-lay the pipes?

Edit:
Uh-oh. I wonder if there is just something badly broken on my end. I'm finding a few things that aren't long enough. I've seen a few underground belts that aren't reaching anymore.
Maybe, you changed the mod settings or deleted the mod-settings.dat? There are settings, which let you configure the length of undergrounds etc.

Return to “Bob's mods”