[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 0.17 released. Post bugs and balance feedback

Post by bobingabout »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:44 am
Vanilla smelting recipe times have been changed from 3.5 to 3.2 to compensate for belt changes. It would be great if you could change your smelting recipes the same way, so the existing smelting setups would still work.
I am aware of this change, but haven't had time to do anything about it yet. I have made a note though
igorhgf wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:40 am
I'm having issues since 0.17.3. The game is stuck in the loading screen at exactly 94% (loading sprites). I've gone throught all my mods and the only ones causing this issue is a few bob's mods ( logistic and ores, maybe others but i couldn't test all ).

Also everything in my computer slows down / freeze for about a second when the game reaches 94%.

Edit: bob's enemies cause this problem too.
This doesn't sound like an easy to diagnose issue... Also I'm still on 0.17.0 because I don't use the steam version, and the automatic updating on stand alone appears to be broken.
#DesperateNeedForALauncher
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

igorhgf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by igorhgf »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:51 am
ShadowGlass wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:44 am
Vanilla smelting recipe times have been changed from 3.5 to 3.2 to compensate for belt changes. It would be great if you could change your smelting recipes the same way, so the existing smelting setups would still work.
I am aware of this change, but haven't had time to do anything about it yet. I have made a note though
igorhgf wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:40 am
I'm having issues since 0.17.3. The game is stuck in the loading screen at exactly 94% (loading sprites). I've gone throught all my mods and the only ones causing this issue is a few bob's mods ( logistic and ores, maybe others but i couldn't test all ).

Also everything in my computer slows down / freeze for about a second when the game reaches 94%.

Edit: bob's enemies cause this problem too.
This doesn't sound like an easy to diagnose issue... Also I'm still on 0.17.0 because I don't use the steam version, and the automatic updating on stand alone appears to be broken.
Before i went to sleep, i decided to give one more try and enabled all mods (including the ones that i had problem previously). The game loaded normally.

I believe it must be something related to available memory with the system, since the times i had problem i had some programs in the background (like chrome). The test last night, the one that loaded normally, i had nothing opened but Factorio.

Factorio's memory in the system varied between 1.1 up to 1.5 GB while the it was stuck. My speculation is that the game gets stuck if there is not enough memory available to load the sprites.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

bobingabout wrote:
Can't you download the archived version and overwrite you original standalone install? Or are you building your own?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

igorhgf wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:16 pm

Before i went to sleep, i decided to give one more try and enabled all mods (including the ones that i had problem previously). The game loaded normally.

I believe it must be something related to available memory with the system, since the times i had problem i had some programs in the background (like chrome). The test last night, the one that loaded normally, i had nothing opened but Factorio.

Factorio's memory in the system varied between 1.1 up to 1.5 GB while the it was stuck. My speculation is that the game gets stuck if there is not enough memory available to load the sprites.
Yes, I was considering it could be a memory issue. Usually when it runs out of memory it errors and enables a lower memory usage state in settings. However, it could have been chugging because windows was swapping virtual RAM around.
Zyrconia wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:36 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Can't you download the archived version and overwrite you original standalone install? Or are you building your own?
Yes, but it's a pretty large game, and I'd rather not re-download the entire thing for a minor update.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

We have a bit different definitions of large game ;)
Factorio is about 1.1GB while some fo titles I download on steam for example go up to 60GB ;)

luiscity
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by luiscity »

I have a issue with advanced logistic science pack on my old save, they appear has logistic science pack.
Is there a possibility to get the conversion?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Dkir wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:02 am
The upgraded boilers are now worse than the default one due to the 100% efficiency change, and the higher tiers still retaining their 60-90% efficiency.
Pretty sure that`s not intended :3
Check again. I looked at the code and there's no mention of efficiency on any of my boiler definitions, they should all be using 100%.
I also have a Patreon.

Ayyno
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ayyno »

With "Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates" enabled and "Bob's Ores" disabled (due to the above mentioned patch size issues) I'm still getting recipes that call for cobaltite and the other Bob's ores. The game was not generated with Bob's Ores. Bob's Ores was not, at any point, turned on for this game.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

that sounds more like a dependency issue.
why should "metals" work without "ores"?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ayyno wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:25 am
With "Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates" enabled and "Bob's Ores" disabled (due to the above mentioned patch size issues) I'm still getting recipes that call for cobaltite and the other Bob's ores. The game was not generated with Bob's Ores. Bob's Ores was not, at any point, turned on for this game.
Basically, if you're just playing with bob's mods, then for plates to function correctly you NEED ores to be installed too. installing ores after will add ores to the game, but you'll need to explore new areas to find them. There is a command (which turns off achievements) that will force all ores to generate. This is not performed via migration script because it locks the game up for upto a minute, and feedback at the time was telling me that this is a bad thing.
/c remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate")
GrumpyJoe wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:52 am
that sounds more like a dependency issue.
why should "metals" work without "ores"?
Why is there no hard dependancy? basically... the ores mod doesn't need to be used specifically with a bob's mod. you could use it with 5dim, and DyTech was going to use it but decided to use his own ores instead.
Alternatively, there could be other mods like Angels and Omnimatter that give you access to bob's ores without them being on resources on the ground, in which case you shouldn't need the ores mod (I don't know if they've programmed it like that or not)

So, for bobplates (Metals, chemicals and intermediates) to function correctly, you only need access to those specific ores, you do not need bobores specifically to give them to you.

I am aware that options are limited, but back when I first started, before I had my own mod pack, bobores was the first mod I made, and it was basically "An alternate method to get ores for DyTech", bobplates was "An alternate method to process ores into plates for DyTech", so right away you can see that both were optional and not dependant on each other. Things got bigger from there. I have considered making bobores a dependency for bobplates several times now.
I also have a Patreon.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Alternatively, there could be other mods like Angels
I always assumed Angels Refining has a hard dependency on your ores, turns out im wrong, just checked :roll:

Makes sense, since Refining and Smelting is more a way to upgrade any mod´s ores if you set it up that way

Originallogin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Originallogin »

There is a bug with the generation of ore. Only with ore from bobore, vanilla ore ok. Mods install only bobmod.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Originallogin wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:20 pm
There is a bug with the generation of ore. Only with ore from bobore, vanilla ore ok. Mods install only bobmod.
It's a known issue in 0.16 and earlier that turning down frequency turns up size.
Even with early access, I had no idea they were making changes like this to the ore generation routines, because they didn't actually merge it into master until a few days before game release, so I had no time to look at it and experiment.
the way the new system is implemented isn't exactly modding friendly (how an ore generates is based on an index number, and it seems to forget that between mods. not to mention you have to include a file from base mod)
anyway, I have been playing with this, but since you have to choose your own index numbers, there's no easy way to make this work if other modders also use these routines, because if I set Tin to index 6, how do I know someone else isn't going to use the same index number?

Basically, the way it's currently implemented, the new ore generation system is NOT modder friendly.
I also have a Patreon.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Fast Inserter wrong in tech tree.

Post by TheTom »

The technology "Fast Inserter" has as effects : Express Inserter

;) Obviously the wrong one. Logistics 3 has the same again then.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fast Inserter wrong in tech tree.

Post by bobingabout »

TheTom wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:48 pm
The technology "Fast Inserter" has as effects : Express Inserter

;) Obviously the wrong one. Logistics 3 has the same again then.
This is a known issue, and I'm considering how to go about fixing this issue. I attempted to turn off the inserter overhaul to compare how the game looks to with it on, but loading my save crashed the game.

so, I'm currently bug reporting and stuff
I also have a Patreon.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by MageKing17 »

All laser rifle batteries currently deal the same amount of damage (10, plus bonuses), meaning the more expensive versions are a waste of resources.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MageKing17 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:34 pm
All laser rifle batteries currently deal the same amount of damage (10, plus bonuses), meaning the more expensive versions are a waste of resources.
hmmmm... I'll have to look into that... I bet you it's not reading the damage multiplier, like the laser turrets or personal laser defence do, meaning I'd have to define a unique beam for them instead of just re-using the same colour set.

On the plus side, I didn't delete any of the old projectiles, so I can easily reference the old stuff.
Thanks for the report.
I also have a Patreon.

azakir nalda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by azakir nalda »

Belt animation speed doesn't match with item speed on the belts.

i have the belt overhaul enabled with the default settings for the mod. The basic (grey) and express(blue) belts are moving faster then the items they are moving.
the speeds of the animations of all the other belts appear to be fine.

Racusthor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Racusthor »

Is it correct that currently it is not useful to build higher mark boilers and steam engines? (Other than saving space and water)
mk2 sets seem to eat twice as much coal exactly.

Dkir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dkir »

Racusthor wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:22 pm
Is it correct that currently it is not useful to build higher mark boilers and steam engines? (Other than saving space and water)
mk2 sets seem to eat twice as much coal exactly.
That's because the boilers still have the 60-90% efficiency values, while vanilla boilers in 0.17 now have 100% efficiency but all mJ values of fuels got halfed

Return to “Bob's mods”