[0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:32 am
boblogistic has some unprecedented shortcuts in research

as you can see, T1 fast inserter techology (exists in vanilla), unlocks in boblogistic express inserters (which are t3), so even if you research them, until you get to blue technology, you cannot make them, not to mention they need as component T2 inserters (which you don't have researched at T1)

stack inserter technology is dependant on fast inserter technology, but in context of what i wrote above, it doesn't make sense either.
is a known and solved issue, see the first page

mexmer wrote:
also logistic 3 - which unlocks t3 inserters and belts is locked behind production science

for both screenshots i used following mod config
boblibrary
boblogistic with default setting
I'll look into it, but it's possible I already solved it and forgot about it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm
mexmer wrote:

as you can see, T1 fast inserter techology (exists in vanilla), unlocks in boblogistic express inserters (which are t3), so even if you research them, until you get to blue technology, you cannot make them, not to mention they need as component T2 inserters (which you don't have researched at T1)

stack inserter technology is dependant on fast inserter technology, but in context of what i wrote above, it doesn't make sense either.

mexmer wrote:
also logistic 3 - which unlocks t3 inserters and belts is locked behind production science

boblibrary
Do I need to do something specific to get fix for the first issue?
I have all the latest mod versions and in my game Fast inserters tech still unlocks express inserters. I've read through changelog in 2nd post and this fix doesn't seem to be mentioned there.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bobingabout wrote:
mexmer wrote:

mexmer wrote:

boblibrary
sorry, but don't see anything regarding fast inserter (tier 3), being unlocked with tier 1 science.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:30 pm
bobingabout wrote:
mexmer wrote:

mexmer wrote:

boblibrary
Do I need to do something specific to get fix for the first issue?
I have all the latest mod versions and in my game Fast inserters tech still unlocks express inserters. I've read through changelog in 2nd post and this fix doesn't seem to be mentioned there.
See the chainlog WIP in bug reporting section: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=65190&p=400567#p400567
I'm working on too many bugs at once to fast push these, if I released after fixing each bug, we'd probably be up to 0.17.10 already.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:47 pm
See the chainlog WIP in bug reporting section: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=65190&p=400567#p400567
I'm working on too many bugs at once to fast push these, if I released after fixing each bug, we'd probably be up to 0.17.10 already.
thanks for link.

anyways, you need to hurry then, we are already at 0.17.9 :mrgreen:

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:09 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:47 pm
thanks for link.

anyways, you need to hurry then, we are already at 0.17.9 :mrgreen:
I've not only blitzed through most of the reported issues this weekend, but even found and fixed a few more, and added a feature or 2.
Hopefully I'll be releasing a round of updates soon
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:10 pm
mrvn wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:48 pm
GrumpyJoe wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 pm
I think you should remove the Fast Inserter research (50 AutomationScience Packs)

They are also included in Logistics 3 and they use cobalt. While cobalt is obtainable with transport science, ECBs are way out of reach at the point where you research the inserters as standalone tec and you dont really need them that early
fastinserter.png
Problem for me was that the "Fast inserter" research gives me "Express inserters". Which is some tiers to high. Can't build them for ages. What it needs to give is "long-handed-inserter" which are the first tire of faster inserters. Or is this a Seablock thing?
Yes, the fast inserter tec still gives the blue ones, thats the "problem", as blue in Bob´s inserter overhaul gives tier 3 (yellow->red->blue->purple->green, following the belt tier colors) They should only be seen after logistics 3 is researched, as every logistics tier gives belts + inserters of the research level.

having long hand inserters makes no sense with Bob´s inserters, as all of them are configurable with the appropriate (other) research.

Vanilla is researched [long handed], [fast+ fast filter], [stack + stack filter] , which you shouldn´t have in mind at all, when using Bob´s
long-handed-inserter with Bob are the red "Fast inserter" entity. The internal names don't match the user visible names and functions.

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IanRaven »

Hello Bob,

First of all thank you for the amazing work done.
I just have a question, shouldn't all bearings need lubricant?
Like the steel bearing and cobalt steel bearing, the other 3 bearings need lubricant.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

IanRaven wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:09 pm
Hello Bob,

Like the steel bearing and cobalt steel bearing, the other 3 bearings need lubricant.
in theory, yes they should. However... the steel and cobolt steel bearings are often used in entities before lubricant is available, therefore I decided to not include lubricant in the recipe. If it did, there'd be an unnecessary push towards researching and making it.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:57 pm
IanRaven wrote:
Hello Bob,

in theory, yes they should. However... the steel and cobolt steel bearings are often used in entities before lubricant is available, therefore I decided to not include lubricant in the recipe. If it did, there'd be an unnecessary push towards researching and making it.
"Game balance" over realism. This is fine the way it is. However, I would push to say that Lubricant is not too much of a stretch for the cobalt steel bearings. It is an added step, but one that is not too far to push to unlock at this stage in the tech tree.

Starfly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Starfly »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:50 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:57 pm
IanRaven wrote:
Hello Bob,

"Game balance" over realism. This is fine the way it is. However, I would push to say that Lubricant is not too much of a stretch for the cobalt steel bearings. It is an added step, but one that is not too far to push to unlock at this stage in the tech tree.
While Angel's Bioprocessing isn't updated I had to use Oil to get plastic, with Lubricant almost being a byproduct. Only 2-3 factories need to be added to get far more Lubricant than needed that early (and you don't need that many Bearings anyway). Yet I still haven't had to use a single Steel Bearing, as those are only needed for Steam Engines MK2 in earlier game - which aren't any better besides needing less space for the same power. The other recipes all require plastic - whose production throws lubricant at you at almost no cost.
That said, I would be fine with added Lubricant for all Bearings. Though, the conclusion might be different once the cheap Bioprocessing' way of plastic production is updated to 0.17.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mega update released. See first page second post for details. Everything new today is posted after the "All mods updated after this point gain a thumbnail icon" line.
I also have a Patreon.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Love the new icons.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Love the assembler ingredients limit.

Cabble
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cabble »

Is there a chance we can chose the old circuit board icon-set? I like the old ones much more, even more than the "ShinyBobGfx" ones. The old ones are very good distinctable and I really liked the Icons. Are the new ones WIP? they lack alot of detail imo.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

So how are the new ore placing controls working out?

Is the bug with huge patches fixed?

And is the 0.17 experience (with Bob's of course) stable?

Any major plans for updates or is 0.17 pretty much done?

I'm lurking around here, waiting to start a new map :).

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Cabble wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 am
Is there a chance we can chose the old circuit board icon-set? I like the old ones much more, even more than the "ShinyBobGfx" ones. The old ones are very good distinctable and I really liked the Icons. Are the new ones WIP? they lack alot of detail imo.
Do a mod that includes them and make it load after bobs and shinyicons.
Zyrconia wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 am

don't know.
don't know either.
depends. My game crashed on load yesterday.
don't know

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Cabble wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 am
The icons as they are are in the complete state. There is an option to turn off icon tier colouring where they go back to the old icon colours, on the new icons.
Zyrconia wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 am

New controls are in place. This fixes patches going huge by turning down frequency. Most ores seem to work fine with it, however, gems did not so that still uses the old system. If there's any issues let me know.

The nods do seem rather stable to me, and all the major plans are in place, but as always, if there's any issues let me know, and I may do more changes, but nothing big.

So, now is finally the time to start 0.17 with the true 0.17 Bob's mods.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Thank you Bob. Just started a new 0.17 modded play last night. My only question was with the cheaper steel option; when selected, does the smelting time adjust to match the number of iron plates in the recipe to maintain the constant throughput? Also, why go cheaper steel? ;)

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm
when selected, does the smelting time adjust to match the number of iron plates in the recipe to maintain the constant throughput? Also, why go cheaper steel? ;)
Yes.
He has a lot of stuff that uses steel in greater quantities, like steel pipe and gears. If steel costs five iron they are expensive in the amounts used.

Return to “Bob's mods”