[0.16.x] Logistics mod loading error

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bryann109
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.x] Logistics mod loading error

Post by bryann109 »

The mod was working normally just a few hours ago from the time of this post. I go into the mod settings to adjust a few things and now, the logistics mod will not load at all, something about the ultimate underground belt.

The error says:
"Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "ultimate-underground-belt" (underground-belt): Value outside of range in property tree at ROOT.underground-belt.ultimate-underground-belt.max_distance"

I did increase the belt length by tier so that might be the cause. But that setting is also no longer listed and I'm not able to set it back to what it was before. What should I do?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Logistics mod loading error

Post by bobingabout »

bryann109 wrote:The mod was working normally just a few hours ago from the time of this post. I go into the mod settings to adjust a few things and now, the logistics mod will not load at all, something about the ultimate underground belt.

The error says:
"Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "ultimate-underground-belt" (underground-belt): Value outside of range in property tree at ROOT.underground-belt.ultimate-underground-belt.max_distance"

I did increase the belt length by tier so that might be the cause. But that setting is also no longer listed and I'm not able to set it back to what it was before. What should I do?
For possible updates to limit it to something allowed, what did you set it to which made it crash?

Since you can no longer manually edit the mod-settings.lua file (because it is now mod-settings.dat) my recomended course of action is to delete the mod settings file from your mods directory manually, which should fix the crash, then you will need to go back in and set all your options again.

Alternatively you could try removing the logistics mod, loading the game, then re-adding it, but I think settings are saved even when the mod that added them isn't enabled.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

"Value outside of range" sounds like the game has a hard limited maximum for underground belt length that the mod author didn't know about. (Unless it's for some weird reason trying to set a negative value?)
You should be able to load the game if you add
data.raw['underground-belt']['ultimate-underground-belt'].max_distance = 10
to the end of data.lua (or if they exist data-updates or data-final-fixes). After loading the game you can then change the option that caused this, remove the line from data.lua and notify the mod author of the bug :P. That way you can keep your other settings.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

eradicator wrote:"Value outside of range" sounds like the game has a hard limited maximum for underground belt length that the mod author didn't know about. (Unless it's for some weird reason trying to set a negative value?)
Most likely a hard upper limit, because I set the minimum values to 1 (I think 1, might be 0), either way, minimum distance comes out at 1.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”