Make a need for more cobalt production!

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Make a need for more cobalt production!

Post by CMH »

As per the general discussions thread, I think cobalt needs to be used a little more in this mod.

If all of bob's mods are used at their default settings, the only way to get cobalt is through copper production.

This opens up possibilities: make sure your copper production is titrated so you don't backlog copper and not get any cobalt, as well as having alternate copper production so backlogged cobalt doesn't stop all copper production.

At the moment, cobalt is used in production of lithium ion batteries and some miners (and a tool).

My suggestion is to change satellite production to require mk-3 accumulators, production chain includes cobalt > li-ion batteries > accumulator mk-2 > accumulator mk-3.

Wotcha think?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Make a need for more cobalt production!

Post by bobingabout »

Cobalt steel is also used in the overhaul inserter and belt production chains. This will be turned on by default in later versions, it only was not for the 0.16 version because of all the drama I caused while developing it.

I was going to include it in other places too as a default for T3 gears alongside brass/aluminium.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Just wondering why satellite production uses battery instead of accumulator though?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

CMH wrote:Just wondering why satellite production uses battery instead of accumulator though?
I don't remember, but the simple answer is that I found it more appropriate, for whatever reason.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Fair enough.

Just for the sake of making it harder I might just mod my game to take accumulators tho. Looking forward to your new changes.

Return to “Bob's mods”