Cannot extend my inserter with inserter mod..rare bug?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Cannot extend my inserter with inserter mod..rare bug?

Post by jessefjxm »

I installed bob's suite on my current save several weeks ago at its end-game, but I didn't realized that every inserter can be extended with bob's inserter mod until I test it with a brave new save.

The problem is that none of my inserters can reach more than 1 tile--even for vanilla long inserters. This bug only happens when I am using top-left gui to adjust position. Hotkeys and per-inserter gui works fine, and the top-left gui can set pickup & drop position as expected. A brave new save also avoid such problem. I tried to clear & re-research related techs but the problem still exists. It may be some migration issue when install mods mid-game.

Here's what the bug looks like. Left inserter is what I get when setting location with top-left GUI -- distance is locked at 1. Right inserter is adjusted through per-inserter gui.

Here's my (heavily moded) save if anyone needs it to replicate this issue: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p4cha ... G3PeG1yzQW

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Cannot extend my inserter with inserter mod..rare bug?

Post by bobingabout »

So, this issue apears to be specific to this save game, or it still shows up in new games?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

bobingabout wrote:So, this issue apears to be specific to this save game, or it still shows up in new games?
Only in this old save.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The only thing I can think of to try and fix it, would be to remove the inserters mod, load, save, re-add it, then load again to see if it makes a difference. you'll need to research all tech again too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”