Transport belts reverted back to basic, with no base trans

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Transport belts reverted back to basic, with no base trans

Post by mtilsted »

I just updated all my bob+angel mods and it seems like the transport belt all changed.

I have no more basic belts so half my factory is not connected to anything.

And the recipient for all other belt types went back to vanilla. So now express belts again require lube, instead of cobalt steel. And normal belt's don't require tin anymore -(

Did I just somehow uninstall a mod, or is this just a new update? (I liked the previous design, requiring tin and cobalt steel).

Martin

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Transport belts reverted back to basic, with no base trans

Post by mtilsted »

Oh, it seems default just changed to not include the updated bob belts.

But I really like the new belt design, so switching back to bob belts :)

This change of defaults can really mess things up for you when loading a game created before the change of default because it removes all base transport belts on existing games when loading them.

The work around is easy: Just hit "new game", then mod settings and then enable the change to transport belts, and then I can load the old game again without losing half my factorio :)
You might want to show a warning/note about this if your plugin detect base transport belts on an existing game.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Default on or Default off is a big question.

Considering the reaction when I first made the changes, I decided that for now the default should be off.

And you can't really detect if the items exist in the game because by the time you have script control, the game engine has already deleted existing items that don't exist anymore.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

bobingabout wrote:Default on or Default off is a big question.

Considering the reaction when I first made the changes, I decided that for now the default should be off.

And you can't really detect if the items exist in the game because by the time you have script control, the game engine has already deleted existing items that don't exist anymore.

Btw: The latest update prevent me from building underground belts, because underground belts require basic underground belts, but there is no basic underground belt.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mtilsted wrote:

Btw: The latest update prevent me from building underground belts, because underground belts require basic underground belts, but there is no basic underground belt.
it should only require that if the overhaul is turned on, but I'll have a look
I also have a Patreon.

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

bobingabout wrote:
mtilsted wrote:

I do have overhaul turned on(That is: belts require tin). I do have basic belts, but no underground basic belts. (Newer had those, not even last week).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mtilsted wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
mtilsted wrote:

I do have overhaul turned on(That is: belts require tin). I do have basic belts, but no underground basic belts. (Newer had those, not even last week).
oh, they were new in 0.16.17, you have to research basic logistics. it's a prerequisite of Logistics.
I also have a Patreon.

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

bobingabout wrote:
mtilsted wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
mtilsted wrote:

oh, they were new in 0.16.17, you have to research basic logistics. it's a prerequisite of Logistics.
Oh that explains it. Now I can build underground belts again :) Guess that is what happens when I upgrade mods while playing with an existing factory :)

Thanks

HunD34TH
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HunD34TH »

I love the basic (black) belts too :)
But the speed changes is a little weird to me, why did you done that?
Actually, it's not a bad thing, but you really need to take a look at the loaders (compatible), their speed did not changed at all (yellow belt speed is 20, yellow loader speed is 16.7).
And did you thought to support a "basic loader" as well? it would be cool (for me) :D

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

HunD34TH wrote:but you really need to take a look at the loaders (compatible)
These loaders are provided by mod maintained by other people, not bobingabout, right? In rhat case it should be reported to authors of loaders mods that claim to support bob mods.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

fiery_salmon wrote:
HunD34TH wrote:but you really need to take a look at the loaders (compatible)
These loaders are provided by mod maintained by other people, not bobingabout, right? In rhat case it should be reported to authors of loaders mods that claim to support bob mods.
I did actually send a note to a few modders who make loader mods about my changes to belts.
I also have a Patreon.

Kubimate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kubimate »

I've just updated all mods (Bob's + Angel's + small stuff) and loaded my game. After some time I discovered that black belts are gone, foud a solution here BUT right after researching Logistics 0 I get this error:
Error while running event EfficienSee::on_research_finished (ID 18)
__EfficienSee__/control.lua:2142: attempt to index local 'recipe_stat' (a nil value)
May this be because I have played and saved my world, and THEN enabled belt overhaul? Previous saves, pre-mod-update are working fine with this research. Now it terminates the game but I can see new items avaliable on player equipment screen, under error notification.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Kubimate wrote:I've just updated all mods (Bob's + Angel's + small stuff) and loaded my game. After some time I discovered that black belts are gone, foud a solution here BUT right after researching Logistics 0 I get this error:
Error while running event EfficienSee::on_research_finished (ID 18)
__EfficienSee__/control.lua:2142: attempt to index local 'recipe_stat' (a nil value)
May this be because I have played and saved my world, and THEN enabled belt overhaul? Previous saves, pre-mod-update are working fine with this research. Now it terminates the game but I can see new items avaliable on player equipment screen, under error notification.
I don't know, but __EfficienSee__/control.lua:2142 is saying it is erring in the mod EfficienSee. I don't know what to recommend other than asking the guy who made this mod.
I also have a Patreon.

Kubimate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kubimate »

Thank you for the reply, it was indeed EfficienSee mod I forgot I have installed and thought it was some random fun name in game's/mod's script :P

Return to “Bob's mods”