Planned changes, give feedback.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Planned changes, give feedback.

Post by bobingabout »

I once asked what I should do about Artillery, since my tank and the new base game wagon and turret have compatible ammos.

I've decided that rather than separating the two, I should try and balance things.

Comparison of the weapons sees Artillery shells doing 1000 damage, where mine average around the 400 mark (but have effects), my weapon also fires more than twice as often as the base game weapons.

The answer here is fairly easy, increase the damage from my ammos from 400 to 1000, and change the cooldown on the tank to match the basegame weapons. overall damage output of my tank's artillery increases by 12.5% (an eighth). The robot launching ammo would go from 6 defender robots to 15.
There will be a recipe rebalance too.

The big difference is that the artillery wagon and turret have a range of 32 to 224, where mine is 0 to 35. I think I should change mine to be something like... 8 to 96 (smaller and mobile = less range)

Tank MK3 also has a weapon that has a 1.5 damage multiplier, meaning it will out-damage the base game artillery, but at some point I should add an artillery wagon and artillery turret MK2 and MK3 (to match my other train stuff, and sniper turrets)

There's also the issue of stack sizes. 1 per stack in a standard inventory for the artillery shell, but 100 in the wagon, and 15 in the turret.
now, looking at a cannon shell it does about 200 damage, vs the 1000 on the artillery, and stacks to 100, so the artillery cannon shell should stack to 20 to balance to a 20000 damage per stack.
Change the artillery turret to hold 50 shells instead, and then you have something that looks more balanced. The way it works, I don't think you can change the stack size of a weapon in the tank, and if you can it probably isn't independent per weapon.

So the end result would be 20 per stack, 20 in a tank having 20k per stack, same as cannon shells, 50 in a turret and 100 in the artillery train wagon.

what do you think?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Zool
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Planned changes, give feedback.

Post by Zool »

Sounds quite good - especially the stacksize of the base-game bullets is rather annoying. The 20 you suggest sounds about right.

What I‘m wondering about is, if its possible to give ammo a shooting speed bonus, so you can offer 2 different ammotypes: Highdamage low rate, and highrate lowdamage.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Zool wrote:Sounds quite good - especially the stacksize of the base-game bullets is rather annoying. The 20 you suggest sounds about right.

What I‘m wondering about is, if its possible to give ammo a shooting speed bonus, so you can offer 2 different ammotypes: Highdamage low rate, and highrate lowdamage.
Considering my artillery would be considered the high rate low damage, vs base games high damage low rate, that would appear to be the easy solution.
However, firing rate is determined by the weapon, and the damage is determined by the ammo. Although the weapon can multiply it the damage, you the ammo can't change firing speed.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

From reading it sounds pretty good, need to see how it feels ingame, so let's try it out :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I did it.

Warfare 0.16.1:
Removed production science pack from follower robot count 7+
Removed minimum range from artillery ammo
added direction_deviation = 0 and range_deviation = 0 to artillery ammo
Reduced artillery ammo stacksizes to 20
increase base game artillery shell stack size to 20
Increase artillery ammo damage from 400 to 1000 (and robots from 6 to 15)
Increased artillery ammo recipe costs.
Increased artillery turret ammo stack size from 15 to 50
Increase range of tank artillery weapon from 0 to 35 to 8 to 96
Reduced tank artillery firing speed
removed artillery speed upgrades, there's a basegame version now.

There still appears to be an issue where although a min_range is set, the weapons will still shoot right next to you.
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

you should also change the boilers/steam engines. At the moment the boilers don't reach the temperature required for full power nor the amount of fluids. I would suggest to change that. so boiler-2 target_temperature = 235 -> 275 power energy_consumption = "3.1MW" -> 4.2MW and so on. For boiler 4 I would either create a engine-4 or maybe have it have the power to run 3 or 4 mk3 steam engines.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ukezi wrote:you should also change the boilers/steam engines. At the moment the boilers don't reach the temperature required for full power nor the amount of fluids. I would suggest to change that. so boiler-2 target_temperature = 235 -> 275 power energy_consumption = "3.1MW" -> 4.2MW and so on. For boiler 4 I would either create a engine-4 or maybe have it have the power to run 3 or 4 mk3 steam engines.
Isn't that intentional because there are more levels of boilers than steam engines?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mrvn wrote:
ukezi wrote:you should also change the boilers/steam engines. At the moment the boilers don't reach the temperature required for full power nor the amount of fluids. I would suggest to change that. so boiler-2 target_temperature = 235 -> 275 power energy_consumption = "3.1MW" -> 4.2MW and so on. For boiler 4 I would either create a engine-4 or maybe have it have the power to run 3 or 4 mk3 steam engines.
Isn't that intentional because there are more levels of boilers than steam engines?
Yes, Steam engine 3 is supposed to be used with Boiler 4.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

So, you should have had the opportunity to play with the updated warfare mod, including the changes to Artillery related weaponry.

What do you think?
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

So, after I played a little with the new changes, I have to say, I feel good with them and nothing so far got my attention in a negative way. That is good. :)

I saw, you released a new mod yesterday. Is it some kind of rp element? Didn't have the time to look inside, yet.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

fishycat wrote:I saw, you released a new mod yesterday. Is it some kind of rp element? Didn't have the time to look inside, yet.
I guess so.

Information about it is here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=50559#p294186

When you start a new game, and when you die, you are presented with a small GUI in the middle of your screen with 4 buttons. it asks you to pick a class, and upon choosing one, changes your character entity, and starting items to suit your role.
I also have a Patreon.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi bob, if you are planning some changes to some aspects of warfare, someone else posted an idea about concrete here for your mod:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=57365

maybe that could form a special type of concrete to either be used as a Wall-related item, or possibly needed for special armour/vehicle cladding? :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Screenshot 2018-02-05 22.47.11.png
Screenshot 2018-02-05 22.47.11.png (800.24 KiB) Viewed 4311 times
New chests. what do you think?

The top row is steel and base game logistics.
second row is brass and new Logistics MK2
Third row is Titanium and Logistics MK3
I also have a Patreon.

thc133
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thc133 »

Looks nice! Thanks for updating frequently.

I'm just about to start a new game. The "Coppermine's Bob's module rebalancing" mod with Exponentially expensive modules was too difficult to me. My storage boxes were almost empty all the time.

Return to “Bob's mods”