[Fixed - Broken Map] No UI for Chemical Furnace .16

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

flimaas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Fixed - Broken Map] No UI for Chemical Furnace .16

Post by flimaas »

When interacting with a chemical furnace i don't get any UI, but there is an Interface opening.

I am using the following mods https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bj2e030wrh92 ... 1.PNG?dl=0 & https://www.dropbox.com/s/owa56vl6sb9vs ... 2.PNG?dl=0.

If i can provide any help, just reply. :)
Last edited by flimaas on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: No UI for Chemical Furnace .16

Post by bobingabout »

They work fine with only bob's mods installed. Unfortunately, you have so many mods installed there, that I wouldn't know where to begin, it's obviously the interaction with one of those breaking it.

I'm sorry to say I really don't have the time to look into this right now, I barely even have time to look into fixing the issues with my own mods right now.

What I sugest you do, if you have the time, is try and figure out which mod causes the issue. Disable all the mods one by one until it starts working... or vica verca, turn them all off and turn them on one at a time until it breaks.
If you can pinpoint which mod it is that breaks it, half the work is already done.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

flimaas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: No UI for Chemical Furnace .16

Post by flimaas »

Well i tested all mods and its probably my save game.... i installed just the creativ mod now and tested all mods... and it works fine ^^

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Fixed - Broken Map] No UI for Chemical Furnace .16

Post by funnysunnybunny »

I just had the same bug happen to me after the game got updated, dunno if it happened on 9/10 or 10/11 but it did today.
Starting a new game fixes the issue, but that's not really a good workaround :(

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

if you actually read the patch notes for a lot of the 0.16.8 to 0.16.11 releases, they're full of bug fixes, several of them do say that they fixed issues like "Fixed game not loading" in all kinds of situations.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Raevahue
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Raevahue »

This isn't fixed and it wasn't just your map that was broken.
I just spent a great deal of time trying to figure this out because I didn't want to restart my game.
I run RSO + all Angels + all Bobs mods I could find.
I just downloaded them all for the first time and for 0,16.
(Since I haven't played with mods before I am unsure about what would normally work..)
The problem, as far as I understand, occurs when there are no researched recipes for a specific building.
The problem isn't specific for chemical furnace but also for (at least) chemical furnace MK1 and Blast Furnace MK1.
When there is no recipe to select the UI doesn't show if the building is clicked. If the UI doesn't show for one building it seems that all buildings UI:s are locked until the faulty building is picked up, after which everything works fine again.
Researching recipes seems to solve all problems.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Raevahue wrote:This isn't fixed and it wasn't just your map that was broken.
I just spent a great deal of time trying to figure this out because I didn't want to restart my game.
I run RSO + all Angels + all Bobs mods I could find.
I just downloaded them all for the first time and for 0,16.
(Since I haven't played with mods before I am unsure about what would normally work..)
The problem, as far as I understand, occurs when there are no researched recipes for a specific building.
The problem isn't specific for chemical furnace but also for (at least) chemical furnace MK1 and Blast Furnace MK1.
When there is no recipe to select the UI doesn't show if the building is clicked. If the UI doesn't show for one building it seems that all buildings UI:s are locked until the faulty building is picked up, after which everything works fine again.
Researching recipes seems to solve all problems.
If you can provide save/mods where all other building guis are locked when one of them has no recipes it would be good to post that in bug reports forum. One building without recipes should not affect others in that way.

knightofrust
Inserter
Inserter

Post by knightofrust »

orzelek wrote: If you can provide save/mods where all other building guis are locked when one of them has no recipes it would be good to post that in bug reports forum. One building without recipes should not affect others in that way.
AFAIK you can't open another building's UI before you close the current one. The problem is UI for a building with missing recipes actually opens up (you can hear the click), but is not on the screen. If I remember right it can still be closed with an ESC key and you can normally access other buildings UI after that. Would check that when back home.

Addendum: yes, I was able to open other buildings's UI after pressing ESC.

Return to “Bob's mods”