[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

gaelyte
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by gaelyte »

bobingabout wrote:
gaelyte wrote:It's the second time it happens today : with rotative inserters, they can't sometimes put the items on the belts(because it's full), but once there is nothing left... they don't release the items, and I have to rotate the belt to make the inserter release the items.
And you're sure the offset is set to one side of the belt, rather than centred?
I don't know, I rarely change this setting.

coderpatsy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by coderpatsy »

gaelyte wrote:It's the second time it happens today : with rotative inserters, they can't sometimes put the items on the belts(because it's full), but once there is nothing left... they don't release the items, and I have to rotate the belt to make the inserter release the items.
That sounds like 59316, which is marked as fixed in the next release.

---

Bob, is it intended that mk2 medium and big poles require brass plates, but substations require aluminum plate? Mk3 and mk4 are consistent.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

coderpatsy wrote:
That sounds like 59316, which is marked as fixed in the next release.

---

Bob, is it intended that mk2 medium and big poles require brass plates, but substations require aluminum plate? Mk3 and mk4 are consistent.
Yes, but I was thinking of revisiting those entities.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Can you please add this to tank entity mk2 + mk3. Now vanilla tanks are immune to trees and repairbots are happy again :D

Code: Select all

immune_to_tree_impacts = true,

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

What do people usually use for the recipe settings? I mean if belts, inserters or robots should require the previous tier. It seems like the high tier stuff gets extremely expensive if you always require the previous product.
You can no longer recycle then, but I have a recycling machine mod anyways, so that's fine

I like the new robot recipe :)

Not sure about what to use for inserters. The new inserter colors seem a bit confusing at first. On the other hand the more vanilla-friendly ones don't have a long fast inserter for example. With the new ones enabled I could toggle everything which is nice

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Serenity wrote:What do people usually use for the recipe settings? I mean if belts, inserters or robots should require the previous tier. It seems like the high tier stuff gets extremely expensive if you always require the previous product.
You can no longer recycle then, but I have a recycling machine mod anyways, so that's fine

I like the new robot recipe :)

Not sure about what to use for inserters. The new inserter colors seem a bit confusing at first. On the other hand the more vanilla-friendly ones don't have a long fast inserter for example. With the new ones enabled I could toggle everything which is nice
if you do have a recycling machine, then it is worth turning off the "requires previous tier" options to reduce the cost of the high end stuff...
but the reason it exists is to try and make it more expensive, to give those lower tier resources something to be used for when you're getting into the Titanium and Nitinol tiers. Also mostly just because that's how things are in the base game, so being able to turn off the "requires previous tier" stuff is something that I like the idea of, but does eliminate a lower tier resource sink.
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Is it possible to feed hydrogen or similar burnable gases into flamethrower turret?

If not, how about adding it?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

with a flamethrower it is not only about it being burnable, it also has to be liquid. Otherwise you don't get any range out of it.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Well the game doesn't distinguish between gas and liquid.

Also: https://youtu.be/TRz_JA5lcBI

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

steinio wrote:Well the game doesn't distinguish between gas and liquid.

Also: https://youtu.be/TRz_JA5lcBI
I know the game doesn't the game also has no clue about a fluid being burnable. Also https://youtu.be/aPQYK5ZMbWY?t=1166

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I think I added fuel oil because that makes sense.
I didn't add hydrogen, because it doesn't (it's a gas, and as mentioned, you'd have no range from it)
other fluids that COULD be added, that weren't, would basically be Glycerol, or lubricant, but it doesn't make sense to convert to those fluids to use in the flamethrower, so I didn't.
I also have a Patreon.

jocrafter2012
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jocrafter2012 »

Bob's Logistics:
Is it possible that the new update (0.16.37) gave logistic chest MK3 only titanium textures in the inventory (at least that is what it looks like to me) Crafting interface is fine and shows the actuall models, in game as well just inventory

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

I've somehow ended up with productivity modules that don't reduce the speed of the machine. See screenshot.

Kinda nice, but not quite intended, right? Or am I missing something?

Using all the latest versions of the mods.
Attachments
20180423230600_1.jpg
20180423230600_1.jpg (345.84 KiB) Viewed 5146 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

DrJones wrote:I've somehow ended up with productivity modules that don't reduce the speed of the machine. See screenshot.

It's an option in mod settings - it might be actually off by default. You can decide if productivity reduces speed or not.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

orzelek wrote:
DrJones wrote:I've somehow ended up with productivity modules that don't reduce the speed of the machine. See screenshot.

It's an option in mod settings - it might be actually off by default. You can decide if productivity reduces speed or not.
actually i don't think productivity reduces speed at all.

there is another set of modules with "raw" prefix, which only add bonuses (eg. raw productivity, raw speed), that have no penalties. (eg. no additional polution or energy consumption), but i don't think i've seen any module that adds productivity and speed at same time, except god module, but god modules are disabled by default.

unless by speed reduction is meant penalty to speed (eg. production is slower), i think that is in efficiency module, not productivity. i'm too lazy to load factorio now

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:
orzelek wrote:

actually i don't think productivity reduces speed at all.

there is another set of modules with "raw" prefix, which only add bonuses (eg. raw productivity, raw speed), that have no penalties. (eg. no additional polution or energy consumption), but i don't think i've seen any module that adds productivity and speed at same time, except god module, but god modules are disabled by default.

unless by speed reduction is meant penalty to speed (eg. production is slower), i think that is in efficiency module, not productivity. i'm too lazy to load factorio now
In the base game, productivity modules reduce speed.
I decided that for my mod, they should not. And as usual, people complained that it was too easy.
As a result, I added an option to turn on the negative speed side effect of productivity modules.
jocrafter2012 wrote:Bob's Logistics:
Is it possible that the new update (0.16.37) gave logistic chest MK3 only titanium textures in the inventory (at least that is what it looks like to me) Crafting interface is fine and shows the actuall models, in game as well just inventory
I've not updated to 0.16.37 yet, I've been in a bit of a modding slump and haven't even looked at the game in 2 weeks.

However, there is absolutely no reason why a recipe icon and item(in inventory) icon should be different in any way at all, the recipe actually uses the icon of the item.
If the two look different, it means that compound item icons are broken.

This is the icon definition on the passive provider chest.

Code: Select all

icons = {
      {
        icon = "__boblogistics__/graphics/icons/titanium-chest.png",
      },
      {
        icon = "__boblogistics__/graphics/entity/logistic-chest/logistic-chest-port.png",
      },
      {
        icon = "__boblogistics__/graphics/entity/logistic-chest/logistic-chest-mask.png",
        tint = {r = 0.9, g = 0.2, b = 0.1, a = 1}
      }
    },
I also have a Patreon.

ohbi78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ohbi78 »

Was just about to post this before you did:

After .16.37 I had the same issue above with textures on logistic chests showing their base chest image (Brass Chest in my case), so I tried to revert Factorio using the beta tab in Steam to .16.36 so I could play - that seemingly broke something as any version I try under that beta tab now removes all the inserters from Bobs Inserters (and their recipes, along with recipes for Alien Artifacts from small artifacts) from my game on load.

Any ideas?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ohbi78 wrote:Was just about to post this before you did:

After .16.37 I had the same issue above with textures on logistic chests showing their base chest image (Brass Chest in my case), so I tried to revert Factorio using the beta tab in Steam to .16.36 so I could play - that seemingly broke something as any version I try under that beta tab now removes all the inserters from Bobs Inserters (and their recipes, along with recipes for Alien Artifacts from small artifacts) from my game on load.

Any ideas?
if you saved in a newer version of the game, well, you can't go back because save games change slightly from version to version. a newer version will account for differences in a previous version, but not the other way around. So you'd have to load a save game saved in the version you're playing.
I also have a Patreon.

ohbi78
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ohbi78 »

I havent saved anything since the update - I get the removed inserters/recipes from any of the 100 saves I've made this .16.36 play through? The recipes dont show for any non vanilla inserters any more.

Cant load the autosave made under .16.37 in .16.36, but like you say - thats to be expected and not what I'm after.

I'm just trying to figure out if its something I did or is something likely broken by the update - I've tried reinstalling the Bobs inserters mod then retried a few diff of the betas, always removes the recipes.

But you mention in your other reply about the broken image and not having had a chance to look, so will wait and see what comes!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

ohbi78 wrote:I havent saved anything since the update - I get the removed inserters/recipes from any of the 100 saves I've made this .16.36 play through? The recipes dont show for any non vanilla inserters any more.

Cant load the autosave made under .16.37 in .16.36, but like you say - thats to be expected and not what I'm after.

I'm just trying to figure out if its something I did or is something likely broken by the update - I've tried reinstalling the Bobs inserters mod then retried a few diff of the betas, always removes the recipes.

But you mention in your other reply about the broken image and not having had a chance to look, so will wait and see what comes!
I'd say in the mean time, check the settings, make sure they haven't changed, such as turning on/off the inserters overhaul.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”