[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

that_spruehing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by that_spruehing »

Can someone tell me How this new Oil Generator thing works? :D

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

you pipe oil or oil products in and get power out. What did you expect?

Ghostling
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ghostling »

hmmm Science have changed a lot. as it is now our giant factorie gone on halt because all the science recipes have changed back to vanilla. is there a fix for this so that we again have the complicated science or does we have to wait till the mods have been updated again? and is it a problem in Bob's mods or is it in Angel's? All for the love for you mod guys using so much time on this.

gaelyte
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gaelyte »

Ghostling wrote:hmmm Science have changed a lot. as it is now our giant factorie gone on halt because all the science recipes have changed back to vanilla. is there a fix for this so that we again have the complicated science or does we have to wait till the mods have been updated again? and is it a problem in Bob's mods or is it in Angel's? All for the love for you mod guys using so much time on this.
It's strange, it didn't change for me.

Ghostling
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ghostling »

gaelyte wrote:
Ghostling wrote:hmmm Science have changed a lot. as it is now our giant factorie gone on halt because all the science recipes have changed back to vanilla. is there a fix for this so that we again have the complicated science or does we have to wait till the mods have been updated again? and is it a problem in Bob's mods or is it in Angel's? All for the love for you mod guys using so much time on this.
well, then i don't know if we laugh or cry. we are running Factorio version 16.36 with the newest versions of all Bob's and angels mods (from the ingame updater) plus some other mods Like Logistic Train Network Auto fill and some other.

can't select other than expensive science, but that's still vanilla.
Last edited by Ghostling on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

Ghostling wrote:
gaelyte wrote:
well, then i don't know if we laugh or cry. we are running Factorio version 16.36 with the newest versions of all Bob's and angels mods (from the ingame updater) plus some other mods Like Logistic Train Network Auto fill and some other.

can't select other han expensive science, but that's still vanilla.
Pretty sure it is not the science recipes which changed, but the transport belt which went back to vanilla. So now there is no more basic transport belt, so half my factorio is not connected any more, and express belts now again require lube, instead of cobalt steel.

Martin

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mtilsted wrote:but the transport belt which went back to vanilla. So now there is no more basic transport belt, so half my factorio is not connected any more, and express belts now again require lube, instead of cobalt steel.

Martin
Turn on Transport belt overhaul.

Logistics 0.16.19:
Deleted a problem migration script.
Cleaned up the description of some settings.
fixed offset green inserter base
Fixed green and purple belt cover alignment
Add coloured bot graphics by zombiee
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

Hi Bob,

There is a conflict in Bob's Revamp with Bob's Power:
Bob's Revamp.PNG
Bob's Revamp.PNG (15.38 KiB) Viewed 5578 times
The only mods enabled are Library, Power and Revamp.

Regards
Poth

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Pothrekr wrote:Hi Bob,

There is a conflict in Bob's Revamp with Bob's Power:
Bob's Revamp.PNG
The only mods enabled are Library, Power and Revamp.

Regards
Poth
Hydrazine generator only checks if Revamp is installed to enable it.
Hydrazine on revamp itself has other checks to enable it.

I can see the issue. I'll fix it.
I also have a Patreon.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

I was reporting the same error :D
Waiting the fix :D
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Redstylt wrote:I was reporting the same error :D
Waiting the fix :D
alright, looking into it now.

in the mean time.

Tech 0.16.5:
Changed science pack colour change default to false
Updated the locale entries for science pack remaining amount.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

bobingabout wrote:
domi2612 wrote:I'm getting some crashes when trying to use the final two belt tiers with the upgrade planner mod.

This is what I get when I add any turbo or ultimate belt item (belts/undergrounds/splitters/loaders from loader redux mod)
(I tested every single one and it always says green underground belt in the error message, might be related?)

The first time my game crashed due to messing with upgrade planner I screenshotted this error message (it says green transport belt instead of underground belt), but I couldn't manage to reproduce it since then
It seems my quite innocent change has broken a few other mods that try to intergrate into my mods.

I've already explained why I did the change. I swapped green and purple belts around in tier.
but this one change seems to have broken... well, at least 4 mods. Mini loaders, Loader redux, ShinyBobGFX and Upgrade planner.

Honestly, these mods could have avoided breaking as hard as they did with a few additional checks... checking to see if the item it's editing or accessing exists before trying to use it, rather than doing a "Is mod installed?" check.
They would still need updating either way though.

I should probably contact the guys who make Mini loaders and Loader Redux, they might need to edit their higher tier loaders to match the new top end belt speeds (though it should work either way, because a loader running at 66.66ips will still interface properly to a 60ips belt, etc.)
Could this be just more loader redux problems? I'm playing with the new logistic options all enabled and upgrade planer works just fine for all tiers.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mrvn wrote:
bobingabout wrote:
domi2612 wrote:I'm getting some crashes when trying to use the final two belt tiers with the upgrade planner mod.

This is what I get when I add any turbo or ultimate belt item (belts/undergrounds/splitters/loaders from loader redux mod)
(I tested every single one and it always says green underground belt in the error message, might be related?)

The first time my game crashed due to messing with upgrade planner I screenshotted this error message (it says green transport belt instead of underground belt), but I couldn't manage to reproduce it since then
It seems my quite innocent change has broken a few other mods that try to intergrate into my mods.

I've already explained why I did the change. I swapped green and purple belts around in tier.
but this one change seems to have broken... well, at least 4 mods. Mini loaders, Loader redux, ShinyBobGFX and Upgrade planner.

Honestly, these mods could have avoided breaking as hard as they did with a few additional checks... checking to see if the item it's editing or accessing exists before trying to use it, rather than doing a "Is mod installed?" check.
They would still need updating either way though.

I should probably contact the guys who make Mini loaders and Loader Redux, they might need to edit their higher tier loaders to match the new top end belt speeds (though it should work either way, because a loader running at 66.66ips will still interface properly to a 60ips belt, etc.)
Could this be just more loader redux problems? I'm playing with the new logistic options all enabled and upgrade planer works just fine for all tiers.
as far as I can tell, it's an upgrade planner problem, and as far as I know, Klonan fixed it.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Power 0.16.4:
Added extra checks before adding hydrazine generator.
Given fluid generators their own category (line on the recipe screen)
Added steam engine MK4, and scaled everything to match. (Steam engine tiers now match Boiler tiers)
Boiler and Steam engine research unified into Steam power research (you'll have to research it again)
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

bobingabout wrote:Power 0.16.4:
Added steam engine MK4, and scaled everything to match. (Steam engine tiers now match Boiler tiers)
Boiler and Steam engine research unified into Steam power research (you'll have to research it again)
How are the ratios now?
1 boiler and 2 steam engines for every Mk?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Think you might have a graphics bug:
https://imgur.com/a/QLZWZ

Haphollas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Haphollas »

steinio wrote:
How are the ratios now?
The ratios should be easy to calculate:

(Boiler Energy consumption x Boiler Efficiency) / Steam Engine Power Output = max. supported engines per boiler

Steam Engine Liquid Consumption = Water needed for your boiler setup

Karlito15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Karlito15 »

I have an idea for the new belt overhaul: Make the belt speed part of the config.

You have done it for all the modules: in the ingame menu, it is possible to set every value for the module bonuses (speed per level, productivity per level, etc.)
It would be nice if the same would be possible for the belt speeds in your overhaul.
I myself really like the 12-based system of angels, and will keep it. (12 is a far nicer number then 10, from a mathmatical point of view)
If I have to, I will change the relevant numbers in the mod files themselves, and I am fine with it, but it would be much nicer to be able to set the speeds in the ingame mod options.

I know, this will be some work to implement, but maybe not as much as it sounds (? I don't really know), so it's absolutely your decision, I just want to put the idea out there.

Thanks for all the work, and greetings from Berlin!

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Haphollas wrote:
steinio wrote:
How are the ratios now?
The ratios should be easy to calculate:

(Boiler Energy consumption x Boiler Efficiency) / Steam Engine Power Output = max. supported engines per boiler

Steam Engine Liquid Consumption = Water needed for your boiler setup
not sure how is it after last update, but your formula is wrong.
you forgot about steam temperature.

mk2 boiler generates steam with lower temperature, than mk2 steam engine requires for maximum output.
same applied for mk3 and mk4
except first tier, all following tiers have different temperatures, so you never get 100% output from steam engine, and if you put mk2 steam engine after mk3 boiler, you start to be ineficient, because mk3 makes higher temperature steam, than mk2 engine needs.

it's similar situation for using regular boiler with steam turbina (nuclear), it works ... but you never get to 100% power output from it (although still better than feeding steam engines from nuclear reactor, because there is quite huge loss of efficiency, since steam engine consumes 165C steam, while reactor produces like 500C or something ... i'm lazy to check wiki)

then again, i have not played with last update, maybe @bobingabout also normalized steam temperatures.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

steinio wrote:
How are the ratios now?
yes.

Formula is:
Power = water power per degree(0.2kW) * fluid per tick * 60 * (Water Temperature - 15) * effectivity

Stats of steam engines are:

Code: Select all

0.2kW * 0.5 * 60 * 150 =  900kW * 1     =  900kW   (SE1 with B1)
0.2kW * 0.6 * 60 * 220 = 1584kW * 1.066 = 1688.5kW (SE2 with B2)
0.2kW * 0.7 * 60 * 290 = 2436kW * 1.133 = 2760kW   (SE3 with B3)
0.2kW * 0.8 * 60 * 360 = 3456kW * 1.2   = 4147.2kW (SE4 with B4)
Divide the boiler's output by the first result (before steam engine's efficiency bonus is added) and you get the number of engines that boiler can support.
I purposely tweaked the numbers of boilers so it was double this consumption value, meaning every boiler should be able to supply for 2 steam engines.

npuldon wrote:Think you might have a graphics bug:
https://imgur.com/a/QLZWZ
ugh... and I was hoping to be done with Logistics.

I guess I'll look into it
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”