[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Wherelock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Wherelock »

fiery_salmon wrote:
Wherelock wrote:
igorhgf wrote:I only updated bob's mods and got this error.
same, happened here on my side as well
bob1.JPG
What is happening without LoaderRedux? If everything works fine without it then you need to report it to the LoaderRedux author (not bobingabout according to https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Optera/LoaderRedux ).
annnnnnnd you got the point man

Wherelock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wherelock »

Wherelock wrote:
fiery_salmon wrote:
Wherelock wrote:
igorhgf wrote:I only updated bob's mods and got this error.
same, happened here on my side as well
bob1.JPG
What is happening without LoaderRedux? If everything works fine without it then you need to report it to the LoaderRedux author (not bobingabout according to https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Optera/LoaderRedux ).
annnnnnnd you got the point man
for other ppl have similar problems with Loader Redux, I had a solution:

“Basically, bob logistic just renamed their belts, from green transport belt to turbo transport belt and from purple transport belt to ultimate transport belt. what you need to do is updating the names of the green and purple ones in entity, item and recipe lua. It works for me”

igorhgf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by igorhgf »

fiery_salmon wrote:
Without LoaderRedux, i lose the capacity to craft loaders. But the ones in-game didn't got delete, they're still there with the basic sprite. I came here because it was a bob's update that broke that mod, so it was his change that is causing this. I believe i could find an answer here.
Wherelock wrote:for other ppl have similar problems with Loader Redux, I had a solution:

“Basically, bob logistic just renamed their belts, from green transport belt to turbo transport belt and from purple transport belt to ultimate transport belt. what you need to do is updating the names of the green and purple ones in entity, item and recipe lua. It works for me”
And here it is, the answer.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

igorhgf wrote:
fiery_salmon wrote:
Without LoaderRedux, i lose the capacity to craft loaders. But the ones in-game didn't got delete, they're still there with the basic sprite. I came here because it was a bob's update that broke that mod, so it was his change that is causing this. I believe i could find an answer here.
Wherelock wrote:for other ppl have similar problems with Loader Redux, I had a solution:

And here it is, the answer.
I was debating if I should do the rename or not, but considering it would have a green belt named purple, and a purple belt named green, I decided to go ahead with it.
Light wrote:Well, this happened...

I think the name derpy tier is appropriate.
I did test this on my end, however, as I mentioned previously, only on high res. and since I know you're not running high res, you see any errors I don't.

I guess I really should do more standard res checks.

I will fix this, but in the mean time, enjoy your disco splitter.
ultralance12 wrote:Any chance the whole tin/yellow belt thing is going to be changed? I started a new base and it has changed things too much for my liking. I'm not sure if I should go back to 16.7 logistics (as suggested) to play the way I'm accustomed to and be able to grab blueprints online. But I"m also scared to keep playing if it's going to change again later. Just seeing if any definitive decisions have been made. THanks.
hang in there a little longer. I have added an option for transport belt overhaul, which will toggle between 0.16.7 mode and 0.16.16 mode, however, it currently only finishs things off with the belt speed adjustments, and adds black UGBs and splitters. I'll need to go back and compare things to the 0.16.7 mod to see exactly what has changed to make it optional. now the yellow to blue over-writes should be easy to put in a toggle, but the rest will need more effort.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

heinzwilli
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by heinzwilli »

After latest update I'm getting the attached error :cry:
bug.PNG
bug.PNG (43.95 KiB) Viewed 5666 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

heinzwilli wrote:After latest update I'm getting the attached error :cry:
bug.PNG
Okay, this one should not be happening. I did not change what pipes exist. I've seen strange errors like this before on the rare occasion, try re downloading the mod.
I also have a Patreon.

domi2612
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by domi2612 »

I'm getting some crashes when trying to use the final two belt tiers with the upgrade planner mod.

This is what I get when I add any turbo or ultimate belt item (belts/undergrounds/splitters/loaders from loader redux mod)
(I tested every single one and it always says green underground belt in the error message, might be related?)

The first time my game crashed due to messing with upgrade planner I screenshotted this error message (it says green transport belt instead of underground belt), but I couldn't manage to reproduce it since then

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

@domi2612 Given that upgrade planner is crashing it seems that upgrade planner is missing support for bob belts. Have you tried reporting it in the upgrade planned thread?

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

I can shed some light on the angelsbioprocessing error.

Bio proc requires steel pipe do exist, but doesn't have a hard dependency on bob-logistics. One or the other should probably change, but that mod is alpha already. Regardless, that error pops up when you have angelbioproc ENABLED and bob-logistic DISABLED or missing. Likely bob-logistic got shut off when you disabled loaderredux/miniloaders/ShinyBobGFX before they were fixed.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

domi2612 wrote:I'm getting some crashes when trying to use the final two belt tiers with the upgrade planner mod.

This is what I get when I add any turbo or ultimate belt item (belts/undergrounds/splitters/loaders from loader redux mod)
(I tested every single one and it always says green underground belt in the error message, might be related?)

The first time my game crashed due to messing with upgrade planner I screenshotted this error message (it says green transport belt instead of underground belt), but I couldn't manage to reproduce it since then
It seems my quite innocent change has broken a few other mods that try to intergrate into my mods.

I've already explained why I did the change. I swapped green and purple belts around in tier.
but this one change seems to have broken... well, at least 4 mods. Mini loaders, Loader redux, ShinyBobGFX and Upgrade planner.

Honestly, these mods could have avoided breaking as hard as they did with a few additional checks... checking to see if the item it's editing or accessing exists before trying to use it, rather than doing a "Is mod installed?" check.
They would still need updating either way though.

I should probably contact the guys who make Mini loaders and Loader Redux, they might need to edit their higher tier loaders to match the new top end belt speeds (though it should work either way, because a loader running at 66.66ips will still interface properly to a 60ips belt, etc.)
I also have a Patreon.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

In my defense, the new code I made for the new tiers of inserters is the only place I neglected to do that check. The belt renaming didn't break my mod to the point where it didn't load, though it did disable my overwriting of your hr-belt graphics with my own.

Besides, not having the opportunity to say "Dammit Bob!" every now and then takes all the fun out of mod making.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

bobingabout wrote:I've already explained why I did the change. I swapped green and purple belts around in tier.
but this one change seems to have broken... well, at least 4 mods. Mini loaders, Loader redux, ShinyBobGFX and Upgrade planner.
You wrecked mine as well, but I saw at least half of it coming.

Are you done now?

Phlonk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Phlonk »

It seems on our server that "Bob's Tech" version 0.16.4 has changed the science colours.

Red is now Yellow
Green is now Red

I don't know if it is just our server, but thought I would ask.
Thanks btw for the great mods.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Deadlock989 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I've already explained why I did the change. I swapped green and purple belts around in tier.
You wrecked mine as well, but I saw at least half of it coming.

Are you done now?
Not quite, Just need to make the recipe overhaul for belts optional. oh, and I'm going to be using some of Zombiee's graphics, like his Construction and Logistic robots.
Phlonk wrote:It seems on our server that "Bob's Tech" version 0.16.4 has changed the science colours.

Red is now Yellow
Green is now Red

I don't know if it is just our server, but thought I would ask.
Thanks btw for the great mods.
This is intentional based on the new colour coded tiers I'll be working on, as per this viewtopic.php?f=51&t=58751
There is an option in mod settings to turn that change off.
I also have a Patreon.

Phlonk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Phlonk »

This is intentional based on the new colour coded tiers I'll be working on, as per this viewtopic.php?f=51&t=58751
There is an option in mod settings to turn that change off.
Thank you for the quick response, we did not see that post, it all makes complete sense and will learn the new colouring scheme quickly.

Thank you for all the time you spend on these mods. Our community loves them.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

domi2612 wrote:I'm getting some crashes when trying to use the final two belt tiers with the upgrade planner mod.

Klonan is looking into it now. so, expect it to be fixed soon.
I also have a Patreon.

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

HI Guys,

Still having an issue with Bob's Logistics 0.16.17.

Getting this error:
BobsError.PNG
BobsError.PNG (22.21 KiB) Viewed 5479 times
This is my Mod Folder if it matters, everything is enabled:
ModFolder.PNG
ModFolder.PNG (22.77 KiB) Viewed 5479 times

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

Sorry Bob,

It's all Seablock, fixed it up thanks.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Pothrekr wrote:Sorry Bob,

This is like, my worst release ever when you think about it. Just one patch has killed.... ShineyBobGFX, Miniloaders, Loaders Redux, Upgrade planner, Seablock, and MAYBE one of angels too, I'm not sure about that, I think it was just broke anyway and cropped up at the same time.
I also have a Patreon.

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

bobingabout wrote:
Pothrekr wrote:Sorry Bob,

This is like, my worst release ever when you think about it. Just one patch has killed.... ShineyBobGFX, Miniloaders, Loaders Redux, Upgrade planner, Seablock, and MAYBE one of angels too, I'm not sure about that, I think it was just broke anyway and cropped up at the same time.
Well technically Seablock is a mod pack that has dependencies at specific versions, I just choose to ignore them... soooo that's my fault right not your release?

Return to “Bob's mods”