[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

AndrolGenhald wrote:Hi Bob,

The migration seems to have failed for the splitter recipes. I no longer have the express, turbo, or ultimate splitter recipes unlocked, the research was done before migration.
Okay, this, I have no idea why it would do that. all splitter unlocks are where they always have been., and nothing changed with belts from 0.16.8 to 0.16.9
Nebbeh wrote:So I've tried looking but I cant seem to find any config for it, but is there a config to make modules require vanilla recipes? I find the recipes for modules quite annoying specially for my research setup, and I only play with a few of the bob's mods.
Modules? Modules is as it has been, and hasn't changed at all since 0.12. Okay, there have been some minor changes like being able to configure their values, but other than that, yeah, the modules and their recipes have been as they are for... essentially forever.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I ain't going to reply to everyone. just be aware I read it, and...

I tried. I failed...
I also have a Patreon.

Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jorn86 »

bobingabout wrote:
AndrolGenhald wrote:Hi Bob,

The migration seems to have failed for the splitter recipes. I no longer have the express, turbo, or ultimate splitter recipes unlocked, the research was done before migration.
Okay, this, I have no idea why it would do that. all splitter unlocks are where they always have been., and nothing changed with belts from 0.16.8 to 0.16.9

I upgraded from 0.16.7 to 0.16.9 in one go, so perhaps the issue was in the .7 to .8 upgrade.

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

bobingabout wrote:
Nebbeh wrote:So I've tried looking but I cant seem to find any config for it, but is there a config to make modules require vanilla recipes? I find the recipes for modules quite annoying specially for my research setup, and I only play with a few of the bob's mods.
Modules? Modules is as it has been, and hasn't changed at all since 0.12. Okay, there have been some minor changes like being able to configure their values, but other than that, yeah, the modules and their recipes have been as they are for... essentially forever.

Right, I found the module recipe fine when I was playing with all your mods :P But right now I'm playing with machines, miners and modules only, so having modules require circuit boards, module board, module contact etc. instead of normal green/red/blue circuits is quite difficult for me :P But I guess I'll manage it somehow. :P

That said, I gotta mention I do really enjoy your mods :)

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

Bob,

Amongst all of the angst and confusion on the forum here, I like your mod set. A wee period of adjustment, and moving along enjoying the game.

dave.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Due to all this Drama, I have removed the latest updates from the mod portal. They will return after I've fixed everything.
if you want to download it, it is in the dropbox 0.16 archive.

I will re-upload them to the mod portal when I upload 0.16.10.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Bob, I just reached Lithia Water in my current playthrough, and found that the amount may be off by a factor of 10. One mk2 Pumpjack is pumping 3800 per second, where I think it should be 380 per second. Take a look at these numbers for your ground waters.
bobingabout wrote:Due to all this Drama, I have removed the latest updates from the mod portal. They will return after I've fixed everything.
if you want to download it, it is in the dropbox 0.16 archive.

I will re-upload them to the mod portal when I upload 0.16.10.
This is rather unfortunate. Take your time Bob and work through it. I am going to stay with the 0.16.9 Logistics mod version for now. Hopefully, the next release will be much smoother. Good luck!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi bobingabout, big thanks to u for nice update for bob' logistic and tech mods
I like all ur changes but i have big problem - ALUMINUM - for my express belts ;)
Why? Bcuz i need many many sodium hydroxide
To get sodium hydroxide I need to do electrolysis of salt water - and chlorine with hydrogen will come in big amounts as by product

Hi to get sodium hydroxide without venting? :?: :!:

Some way is:
1) Find good consumer for hydrogen chloride - may be it can be electonics, to a lesser extent it could be calcium chloride - main consumer of calcium chloride is is silicon, next is going titanium, but it's still not enough
2) Find good consumer of hydrogen - best way is ammonia which i'll turn in hydrazine, hydrazine will be turned into enriched block, which will displace the coal from the boilers, in the most lesser extent, this can be getting a powdered tungsten
3) Find good consumer of chlorine - best way is to make hydrogen chloride, next is going plastic, to a lesser extent it could be gold only for end game

The biggest problem for me is where to put a lot of chlorine, because where to give a lot of hydrogen I understand-hydrogen just I will transform into enriched fuel
May be i need to find the way where to use plastic
Or spend calcium chloride to silicon, but i'll need reliable source of stone or tugnsten, but with tungsten is not very convenient - only for endgame

Another problem is Silver-Zinc batteries, bcuz if aluminum if will be first consumer of sodium hydroxide, I can make fewer Silver-Zinc batteries than if I didn't spend sodium hydroxide on aluminum

Why i can't upgrade this new grey basic transport belt?
Why purple ultimate inserters isn't in bob's logistic tabs - i'm using shinybob's may be this mod is guilty
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:Why i can't upgrade this new grey basic transport belt?
Why purple ultimate inserters isn't in bob's logistic tabs - i'm using shinybob's may be this mod is guilty
1. you probably don't need to upgrade that belt, because you can dump it in your green science pack factory.
2. it is in the bob logistics tab. someone else was complaining about them all being in odd orders, and told me to put them in exactly the order in which I did put them. I guess it could be external mods like Shinybob that moved them afterwards.

as for aluminium, most people like this change, you're the first to complain about it.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote: as for aluminium, most people like this change, you're the first to complain about it.
To put it briefly, I have obvious problems with the manufacture of express belts, i just want to have more sodium hydroxide without venting, if i must vent some gases its sad :(

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote: as for aluminium, most people like this change, you're the first to complain about it.
To put it briefly, I have obvious problems with the manufacture of express belts, i just want to have more sodium hydroxide without venting, if i must vent some gases its sad :(
perhaps I should reverse the sodium hydroxide nerf? you do produce half as much now as you did the previous major version.
I also have a Patreon.

Esterni
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Esterni »

bobingabout wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
perhaps I should reverse the sodium hydroxide nerf? you do produce half as much now as you did the previous major version.
I don't see a need to change the Sodium Hydroxide. As you progress, there's very clear points of items being produced in excess and holding up production of others. Then, later, you produce something that uses it all up and you'll need to make even more.

Bob, I think you would benefit from having a discord server or something of the like to better reach the people that use your mods. You're essentially doing the work of an entire development team since you've added so much stuff to the game. Having somewhere other than a forum that only a small subset of people frequent (even less so than Reddit/Discord) could help provide you more ideas for balancing and finding solutions for things like the inserters from last patch.

P.S. Dont be so hard on yourself. You didn't fail. You made another step towards improving your mod. This is obviously a lot of work.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm making many belts bobingabout, with spacious bases, these belts are long, just afraid that this mayn't be enough
And of course sometimes i'm making logistic science packs and mid-game inserters consumes some part of aluminum
Heh my only hope is calcium chloride and its consumers :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:I'm making many belts bobingabout, with spacious bases, these belts are long, just afraid that this mayn't be enough
And of course sometimes i'm making logistic science packs and mid-game inserters consumes some part of aluminum
Heh my only hope is calcium chloride and its consumers :D
actually, I think for the moment I'm going to leave it as it is, and wait to see how long it takes for people who were complaining that they get too much sodium hydroxide, to switch to complaining that they don't get enough of it.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Okay. I'm done.
Logistics 0.16.10:
Added an icon overlay for inserters to more easily identify filter
Added an option to make the change to inserters optional (you may need to check express filter inserter recipe, it seems the old version was missing gear wheels)
Changed back to using base game items and recipes so that other mods that use these items still work.
Moved basic inserter to standard logistics tab.
Removed bearings cost from red inserters to allow them to be crafted in an assembling machine 2
Added Long range hotkey (SHIFT + L) changes both the pickup and drop tile distance to toggle long handed inserter mode.

Inserters 0.16.6
Changed hotkeys:
Pickup range (SHIFT + P) changes pickup tile range distance.
Drop range (SHIFT + O) changes drop tile range distance.
Drop offset (near) (SHIFT + N) changes drop tile offset distance.
Long range (SHIFT + L) changes both the pickup and drop tile distance to toggle long handed inserter mode.
The Logistics hotkey is disabled when Inserters is installed... because inserters also works with range 3, an option not available in Logistics.

Yeah, I didn't need to change the hotkeys in the inserters mod, but a SHIFT + L in Logistics with a different SHIFT + L in Inserters would be confusing. So I changed the Pickup hotkey from L to P, and separated "near" function from drop hotkey, changing the drop hotkey from N to O, and adding N for "Near" AKA, Drop offset.

I COULD have used SHIFT + D for drop, but since D is used for movement, I wanted to avoid it, using O simply because it is next to P for pickup.

Anyway... back to Logistics.
The button is always on the top of the screen, but you also have the Shift + L hotkey that will toggle the range of any placed inserters.
Also, the default option is to DISABLE these new changes, so for those who were enjoying them, don't forget to go turn them on in the mod options screen.
I also have a Patreon.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Love it.

Also when I decide I do love it:

Qwertronix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Qwertronix »

Hiya bob!

Long time fan of your mod series since the wee days of 0.12 and I felt compelled to actually register here and comment on those changes: It was a hell of a surprise, but once I walked through the changes in a new game it all made more sense than the previous iteration IMO. This seems to have been just the usual growing pains and aversion to change.

Great work as usual. No pressure intended, but we've simply come to expect great things from your mods, and they've consistently delivered. Whatever process you have, it's working. Thank you so much for making this game even more amazing.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Light wrote:Image

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Love it.

Also when I decide I do love it:
I LOL'd

really though, that is a genuine bug, not a troll. it didn't show up on my end because that bug effects low res graphics only, and I'm using high res.

EDIT:
Alright, 0.16.11 is released to fix this.
I also have a Patreon.

DaveSh99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DaveSh99 »

Since Logistics 0.16.10: and Inserters 0.16.6 when i paste a blueprint with blue inserters (this is an exting game from before all of the inserter changes bagan) i get the following error:

[img]
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.08 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
[/img]

Here for reference is the blue print.

Code: Select all

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

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

DaveSh99 wrote:Since Logistics 0.16.10: and Inserters 0.16.6 when i paste a blueprint with blue inserters (this is an exting game from before all of the inserter changes bagan) i get the following error:

[img]
Capture.JPG
[/img]
oh, I see. I think I see the problem. there's no check if the entity exists before replacing it, it just assumes it does. which it doesn't if you've not turned on the options to use the new inserter overhaul.

EDIT:
Fixed it. please update.

Hopefully there's no major errors like this, I'm going to bed now.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”