[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Ratzap »

bobingabout wrote: It's not stupid.

To be honest, I didn't know just how far down the tree Tin was in these other mods. It's not all that easy to force certain materials if certain mods are installed or not, it's easier for the other mod to override what I do. I know AAII already changes my tin plates to steel if yellow belt uses Tin, but it would probably be a better idea if it used Copper instead. I don't really have any contact with Mr AAI, but I'll talk to Omni and see what he thinks on the subject. I'm happy with where it ends up in Angels.
It's your mod, you are free to do as you wish with it. The burden (if any) lies with the other mod authors to fit themselves around you if they claim compatibility.

These pages of moaning are all the tail trying to wag the dog.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

pezzawinkle wrote:a simple alternative (and please yell at me if this sounds stupid, i may not have read all of the discussion, but i did skim a few points that sounded interesting)...

Possibly replace the Tin with copper (or stone) for the T1 belt recipe, everyone screams for a copper sinc early in the play-through (especially in an AB game-its almost as bad as crushed stone early)...
TBH, tin is not that far down the rabbit hole in angels, its quite far down in AAII or Omnimatter, but that is because reasons... if you do add the addition's to the black belt, that would be a good compromise for the "I love burner phase" style mods.
Alternatively i'm sure it would be more appropriate to ask Angel be kind enough to give us access to Tin from the start...
I do agree that in just regular Bobs, Tin is super low tech, and more than suitable, and having a use outside electronics/wires is not a bad call.
Tin is available very early in Angel's + AAI. It's literally the third one down the tree.

So even AAI doesn't slow down tin creation by much, despite the very point of the mod being that the burner phase is extended and slowing down the early game. Some people don't read what mods are meant to do before installing them, so their complaints are rather facepalm worthy.

Because tin is unlocked in no time at all, there's no point in handcrafting it. By the time you can compress a yellow belt, you should already have those techs.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Light wrote:
pezzawinkle wrote:a simple alternative (and please yell at me if this sounds stupid, i may not have read all of the discussion, but i did skim a few points that sounded interesting)...

Possibly replace the Tin with copper (or stone) for the T1 belt recipe, everyone screams for a copper sinc early in the play-through (especially in an AB game-its almost as bad as crushed stone early)...
TBH, tin is not that far down the rabbit hole in angels, its quite far down in AAII or Omnimatter, but that is because reasons... if you do add the addition's to the black belt, that would be a good compromise for the "I love burner phase" style mods.
Alternatively i'm sure it would be more appropriate to ask Angel be kind enough to give us access to Tin from the start...
I do agree that in just regular Bobs, Tin is super low tech, and more than suitable, and having a use outside electronics/wires is not a bad call.
Tin is available very early in Angel's + AAI. It's literally the third one down the tree.

So even AAI doesn't slow down tin creation by much, despite the very point of the mod being that the burner phase is extended and slowing down the early game. Some people don't read what mods are meant to do before installing them, so their complaints are rather facepalm worthy.

Because tin is unlocked in no time at all, there's no point in handcrafting it. By the time you can compress a yellow belt, you should already have those techs.
in that case. why does AAII change yellow belts to cost steel? (from what I've been told)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

bobingabout wrote:
Light wrote:

in that case. why does AAII change yellow belts to cost steel? (from what I've been told)
Sure about AAI? I heard some similiar thing about Sea Block.
But in both cases you need to ask the devs of these mods.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

steinio wrote:Sure about AAI? I heard some similiar thing about Sea Block.
Maybe it was seablock I'm thinking of.

I don't know, there's so many popular mods now I've lost track.
I also have a Patreon.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

the steel thing was seablocks. there you need quite a lot of buildings to get to tin. You need to make the ore(with the slag chain, 4 stepps plus side products) and then crush it. And you need quite a lot to power that setup. And you need some space. Also at a premium in seablocks.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

bobingabout wrote:
steinio wrote:Sure about AAI? I heard some similiar thing about Sea Block.
Maybe it was seablock I'm thinking of.

I don't know, there's so many popular mods now I've lost track.
True enough, but steel is a seablock addition and not AAI.

The intended goal of AAI was to lock the electrical entities behind further research to prolong the burner phase, while also adding motors to things that automatically move like belts and inserters. So in that sense the only affected part here is that a yellow belt requires a motor (1 iron gear + 2 iron plates) and 1 tin plate to create. It obviously doesn't require black belts since the mod isn't updated for it yet.

Seablock should certainly be adjusted back into tin though. While I personally don't mind using black belts for a nice while, the idea of needing steel with Angel's installed for yellow belts sounds unthinkably frustrating due to the resource requirement to replace even just a few belts.

I'll also chime in here and say I'd also like to see the black underground and splitters. As my games are intentionally slow in the start and compressing yellow belts early on is almost impossible, I'll tend to stick with blacks a nice while but miss the convenience and functionality of those two entities which help make the slower start much more tolerable.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Inserters 0.16.7:
Added a check to not apply an inserter over-ride if an entity is revived.

Library 0.16.5:
Added bobmods.lib.belt_speed_ips(). Send it desired Items per second and it will return the tiles per tick value used by the game LUA.
EG: speed = bobmods.lib.belt_speed_ips(60) will create a tiles per tick belt speed that can transport 60 items per second.

I'm going to work on the belts overhaul in logistics mod next.
Also swapping the purple and green belts and inserters around, thanks to the colours poll results.
I also have a Patreon.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

New cobalt steel gears and stuff cant be productivity.

Dimava
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dimava »

Have you thought about unifying Inserter position UI into a single grid, setting pickup/drop position by LMB/RMB?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

enterisys wrote:New cobalt steel gears and stuff cant be productivity.
It's fixed, but not released yet.
Dimava wrote:Have you thought about unifying Inserter position UI into a single grid, setting pickup/drop position by LMB/RMB?
It's a lot more complex than you think. For starters, you can only single click on this grid, so although it may be possible with an extra button to choose if you want to set a pickup or drop... there's more.
Each button is a checkbox, the icon that apears on the button when you press it is the checked state graphics. using such a system you can't just have 2 different sets of buttons on the same grid.
I also have a Patreon.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Ratzap wrote:
bobingabout wrote: It's not stupid.

To be honest, I didn't know just how far down the tree Tin was in these other mods. It's not all that easy to force certain materials if certain mods are installed or not, it's easier for the other mod to override what I do. I know AAII already changes my tin plates to steel if yellow belt uses Tin, but it would probably be a better idea if it used Copper instead. I don't really have any contact with Mr AAI, but I'll talk to Omni and see what he thinks on the subject. I'm happy with where it ends up in Angels.
It's your mod, you are free to do as you wish with it. The burden (if any) lies with the other mod authors to fit themselves around you if they claim compatibility.

These pages of moaning are all the tail trying to wag the dog.
Yes, Bob should not feel forced to support all modpacks and mods at once. Making changes solely to break other mods would be uncool, but it is perfectly fine to make changes that will require update on a Seablock side (and I am speaking it as a Seablock player).

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

@bobingabout since you doing reordering, moving all loaders into logistic will be nice, atm. yellow,red,blue loader is in basic items, while green and purple is in logistic tab.

i'm talking about loaders from loader redux.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:@bobingabout since you doing reordering, moving all loaders into logistic will be nice, atm. yellow,red,blue loader is in basic items, while green and purple is in logistic tab.

I'm all in favor of the loaders being moved, but... well... lets just look back at the previous post.
fiery_salmon wrote:Yes, Bob should not feel forced to support all modpacks and mods at once. Making changes solely to break other mods would be uncool, but it is perfectly fine to make changes that will require update on a Seablock side (and I am speaking it as a Seablock player).
if they want to check for, and add their recipes to the category to match mine, I'm all for it. but if someone gives me a list of (internal) recipe names and tells me where to put them (doesn't have to be internal), I'll do it, otherwise I'm not going out of my way to write a list myself.

I hope that makes sense, and that I'm not being too hard.
I also have a Patreon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

In Angels you need a serious drain for tin when you use the cupric ore sorting. With Bobs+Angels tin seems to be a realy good choice for yellow belts. I just miss black underground and splitters.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mrvn wrote:I just miss black underground and splitters.
They'll be coming.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bobingabout wrote:
mexmer wrote:@bobingabout since you doing reordering, moving all loaders into logistic will be nice, atm. yellow,red,blue loader is in basic items, while green and purple is in logistic tab.

I'm all in favor of the loaders being moved, but... well... lets just look back at the previous post.
then just leave yours in general category, it's really annoying that you add another tier of loaders, but they are "elsewhere" to be found.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:
bobingabout wrote:

then just leave yours in general category, it's really annoying that you add another tier of loaders, but they are "elsewhere" to be found.
I don't add them nor move them. if they're elsewhere, then it's the mod that adds them that put them there.
I also have a Patreon.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

bobingabout wrote:Inserters 0.16.7:
Ah, thanks. I also changed the exact same code in logisticsmod locally. Wouldn't it be also neccesary?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

jodokus31 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Inserters 0.16.7:
Ah, thanks. I also changed the exact same code in logisticsmod locally. Wouldn't it be also neccesary?
I have also made the change in my Logistics mod, but haven't release it yet because I'm working on the belt overhaul stuff.

IF you use both mods, then Logistics mod steps down and does nothing, so it shouldn't matter to you. It's only an issue right now if you use Logistics by itself.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”