[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:I think I'm just going to do what I did with other things.

Yellow: As is
Red: Steel plates and gears
Blue: Steel bearings, Brass gears and Aluminium plates? Maybe drop the lube
Green: Titanium gears and bearings. Advanced circuit for the splitter
Purple: Nitinol gears and bearings. Processing unit for the splitter

Additional thoughts.
With bob inserters, the long inserter is kind of useless. so, change inserters around too.
Yellow, red, blue, green, purple inserters, each slightly better than the last, probably unlocked along with their matching belt. (Can still keep a long inserter, or two, if bob inserters isn't installed)
Filter inserter variations could have some kind of overlay, like the stripes on the current express stack inserter.
Stack inserters might need to have their colours changed to match the speed of their standard counterpart. They do use different graphics, but could still have an overlay applied to make it more obvious that they're stack variants.

Perhaps it could be something obvious like, White stripes for filter, and bright pink stripes for stack (need something easy enough to see on all colours)

I was also thinking about some of the speed rebalances that people suggest for belts too, but that's a bit more involved.
EDIT:
Current speeds are actually 0.03125 and multiples there of... which sounds like odd numbers but 0.03125 is 1/32, so red is 2/32, blue is 3/32, green is 4/32 and purple is 5/32. some people were sporting numbers like a speed of 13.3 for yellow, 26.6 for red and 40 for blue, I wonder what those numbers are.
The numbers 13.3, 26.6, 40, etc are the number of items per second the belt moves. So, in 60 ticks, the blue belt moves 40 items on both lanes, 20 each side. Makes sense when you refer to the tick numbers.

Good ideas on the belt recipes. Although, I would hate to see the lubricant leave, it is a nice change up to reach those belts. Aluminum plates is a really good idea for blue belts! Aluminum is not in many recipes and this would be a nice item to use aluminum for.

I like your ideas for the inserters, seems intuitive to have equivalents for the belt tiers.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

lubricant is cool to use, as often needed for making tiers of gemstones (with grinding and polishing) as well as engines and i think the titanium bearings for higher belts... and it makes sense with all the grinding or moving parts :) anyone for WB-40 spray? :D
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

Hi, it's my first time posting in a forum. I have a suggestion to reorganize the craft menu to turn more intuitive, could I post here?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Thales7 wrote:Hi, it's my first time posting in a forum. I have a suggestion to reorganize the craft menu to turn more intuitive, could I post here?
I was starting to think it could use a bit of cleaning up.

Post your idea.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

This should be the new craft classes (not necessarily in that order)

1)transport
belts (a table with columns: belts, underground belt, splitters; lines: speed type)
pipes //enter in contact with qwerter96, developer of mod Flow Control for Bobs pipes// (a table with columns: pipes materials; lines: normal pipes, recipe intercalated in normal pipes to Flow Control pipes and Flow Control Pipes to normal pipes.
Inserters (create a new system of inserter craft based in:get more long (range 1 to 2, 2 to 3), more fast (normal to fast, fast to express), filter (1 filter, 2 filters...) and number of items of stack (stack 1, 2...), each attribute based in a part of inserter (frame=range, articulation=speed, filter=sensor, claw=stack) and create a table to craft or uncraft the inserter.
2)Warhause Guns
Put all guns in first line and all magazine gun side by side in second line, so the "magazine" in left, so the bullet casing below the magazine, each bullet type below the respective magazine, and lastly each bullet projectile below the respective bullet type. The same to rocket, shotgun shell, and laser rifle battery.
3)Warhause build:
Put the each type of turret in a different line, the left to right: Mk1, so MK2... a line to mines and other to walls and gates
4)Personal items
axes and repair pack side by side in first line, so all armor in second, so the itens to put in armor
5)Production:
in this, Assembly machines in first line, oil refinery in second line, Mk1 in left, Mk4 in right, second line, the recipes to make in oil refinery, so chemical plants, and their recipes below, Electrolyzer and their recipes below, the normal furnace and the recipe that can be make in they below, the chemical furnaces and their recipes below, the metal mixing furnaces and their recipes below, the multi-purpose furnaces, so the pumpjacks and below the water pumpjacks (make blue icons to water pumpjack), so pumps and gas venting pump
6)Gemstones: I like this organization, but I suggest create a new line with intermediate product of gemstones (polishing compound, polishing wheel and grinding wheel)
7)Eletronic:
first line the electronic component (CPU, transistor, solder, wires...), second and third board and circuit boards in same organization, all modules in same organization, robots brain in last line.
8)Energy:
Bob's power same organization but each kind of pole in a different line, wood pole in same that steel pole.
9)Robotics:
Flying robots frames, robots's weapons and tools, all kind of robots and capsules, parts of roboport, so roboport and similar, logistic chests and circuit network items
10)Vehicles:
First line: trains, wagons, car, tank (obs: railway is't a requirement to research artillery wagon, it's don't look like right to me), second line, the rail, train stop, and the other automation thinks of train, so the thinks to put in vehicles.
The creative mod don't work in 0.16, and the bob's stop to work in 0.15, so my suggestion stop here.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You can't really define where in a grid to put anything. you can only pick which "sub-group" something is in, which you can use to set things on a row/line. where on that line is defined by the order tag, so you can choose what order something will appear on the line, but if any one item is missing, it's not going to align properly with columns like you are suggesting.

I will look to see if I can clean things up a bit though, and take your suggestions into consideration.
I also have a Patreon.

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

Maybe you could suggest to factorio developers the changes to have more freedom to set the craft menu. Maybe create a table system, I don't know.
Can I give other suggestions here?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Thales7 wrote:Maybe you could suggest to factorio developers the changes to have more freedom to set the craft menu. Maybe create a table system, I don't know.
Can I give other suggestions here?
Feel free to post any feedback and suggestions here.
I also have a Patreon.

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

This suggestions may be a bad idea, but there is:
Use more components and more process to give to game a more realistic mechanic. For example, in real life, the burner inserters don't work, but if use a axis of other machine, may be use gears like tis:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zae2ZePQTwQ, or use trusses to make electric mining, or create a battery to create a imam to create electric motors. The game may start with parts of ship in start area with some thinks that help, like cables, or reels, or some think like this. It's turn the progression game more slow, but detailed process are a factorio's differential. Maybe a rail suspended in a metal structure, hook hung in this rail and something suspend be assembly with inserters in both sizes put parts (like a car production line) can be better that assembly machines. But I don't know if the players will like.

I can't express very well, I'm talking about copy the railroad system to assembly thinks; create more intermediates in recipes; use the system of green square of train stop and water pump in inserters frame and other non eletric thinks; and create new researches.

I will give an example to illustrate:
Imagine that electricity be more hard to achieve. The vapor generator wold need a copper coil and a imam, so the play use boilers and vapor insted poles in vapor machine, that transform in mechanic energy. This machine have a green square (for the axis)and the play put a non electric assembly machine. The inserters should be make in parts, the base may have or not a electric motor. If it don't, the assembly machine may be the green square in sizes, that have put non electric inserters. so the player create the assembly rail and the assembly machines with inserters attached on the sides. And each assembly machine assembly a part of inserter in a production line.
Last edited by Thales7 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thales7 »

There is some mods that may Bob's work better, but together happen some problems, there is some that mods:
1)Angels mod: add a lot of thinks like bob's mod, however there is some problems when someone try to play both, like redundancy of construction robots for example, or two methods to make fiberglass. The angels have "Bob's Angelthon" mod that improvement the incompatibility, but thay need a "Angel Bobthon"
(about the angel, it have videos tutorial in youtube, may be a good idea make one too)
2)MoreBiters: add types of enemies with peculiarities most interesting that Bob's elemental enemies, I suggest use that mod like prerequisite to play Bob's enemies and use the elemental's system in this mod enemies
(yet about enemies, I fill lack of other enemies type, like flaying, aquatics, organic wall (like zergs of starcraft, the Starship Tropers's insects, tyranids, or even the xenomorph for inspiration)
3)Bio Industries: I really like this mod, although the appear, but like angels, they have redundancy problems, and another mod may help both. Mainly because the Bob's need wood to make circuit board and the disciples of ores hinders to play in railroader world and Bio Industries allows wood rails. Just take a look this.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Power 0.16.2:
Added fast replace group to medium power poles.
Decreased collision box of substation so it is possible to walk between it and other entities.
Added fuel value of 4.6MJ to Petroleum Gas.
Added fuel value of 3MJ to Light oil.
Added fuel value of 2MJ to Heavy oil.
Added base_level = 1 to all boiler output fluid boxes.
Added fluid generators 40% efficient MK1 55% MK2 70% MK3 and 90% Hydrazine (Recommend version 0.16.26 for these)
I also have a Patreon.

froyst
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by froyst »

By any chance can we get support for Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes? He provided a hook function that should hopefully make this easy and I feel it would help with balancing belts vs bots.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

froyst wrote:By any chance can we get support for Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes? He provided a hook function that should hopefully make this easy and I feel it would help with balancing belts vs bots.
Looks like I have to specifically specify what items can be stacked, and do a call for each and every one.

suggestions on items that should be stackable?
I also have a Patreon.

froyst
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by froyst »

I would say anything that would end up on the bus so ores, plates some electric components and modules. So I am thinking most of the stuff on bob's materials, bob's intermediate products and maybe bottled/barreled fluids.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

cool i noticed some burn values in current game and werent sure how they got there :)

for what Thales said about an ammo warehouse.... maybe there is something you can do like your Bobs Tank, where there is a separate area for fuel, and different gun ammo. (except in this case, maybe the game api allows there to be tons of ammo slots?) - if so, it could be a building/vehicle like an ammo cache or something.

if not, maybe some super skilled players could devise some kind of circuit logic that only puts in a full stack of each ammo at a time, after a stack of weapons at a time, and then that way it uses circuit magic to load them in the way you mentioned, with signals etc.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:Power 0.16.2:
Decreased collision box of substation so it is possible to walk between it and other entities.
Added fluid generators 40% efficient MK1 55% MK2 70% MK3 and 90% Hydrazine (Recommend version 0.16.26 for these)
Oil Power Plants! I had a feeling you were going to something like this when you were adding energy values to oils. :) Looking forward to the addition.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Power 0.16.2:
Oil Power Plants! I had a feeling you were going to something like this when you were adding energy values to oils. :) Looking forward to the addition.
Yeah, I had a play, couldn't make them work how I wanted, so, tweaked the source code myself to make them work. Which is why I recommend 0.16.26.
FactorioBot wrote:Bugfixes
  • Fixed generator effectivity being applied twice when below 100%.
Modding
  • Added GeneratorPrototype::scale_fluid_usage which scales the generator's fluid usage to its maximum power output. Default is false.
  • Generator will now produce pollution if emissions is specified on the energy source.
And yes, I edited the game's source code for these.

It's all live now!
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:
froyst wrote:By any chance can we get support for Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes? He provided a hook function that should hopefully make this easy and I feel it would help with balancing belts vs bots.
Looks like I have to specifically specify what items can be stacked, and do a call for each and every one.

suggestions on items that should be stackable?
I've attached basic items stacking - all ores and plates should work. Includes same things for Angels and Clowns processing. All with autogenerated icons. Thorium ore refuses to work with Clown's mod not sure why so it's disabled for now.
PS.
No warranties if it will work - tested only on my specific mods set :D
Attachments
stacking-addon_0.0.1.zip
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

orzelek wrote:...Thorium ore refuses to work with Clown's mod not sure why so it's disabled for now...
How very rude of it :lol:
Could you please pm me the error, I'd like to do something about that.

At the moment my code for Clowns-Nuclear adds a thorium ore item that is identical to Bob's, but only if bobores is not detected.

That's the only thing I can think of that could be causing issues.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi ive seen some mod settings regarding Disabling or Enabling thorium... maybe that is something causing the issue?

from a previous post with orzelek and bob, i thought thorium in bobs was actually not being used though still present in some code? (maybe as a precursor to uraniums) from here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=54614#p337715
& viewtopic.php?f=51&t=54612&p=338692#p338692

Return to “Bob's mods”